NEurope
Serebii

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

How is that an issue really? Before you buy the game, you check out the box and see the online logo on the back. Personally, I don't need every bit of info on a game communicated to me in a limited ad.

It was a joke, given Nintendo's comment about releasing more info on Switch's online service after its release.

But if you want to know: I couldn't care less whether the ad includes info about online or not. But I also think showing an image that says "x players local/split-screen mutliplayer and xx players online multiplayer" would be great. Not because it would provide information but because for some it's a selling point/big factor for their gaming needs. It could be good for marketing.

Why aren't they mentioning online in the ad..?

...But this is getting preposterous. Feels almost desperate now... does it deserve this constant attack? It's ridiculous...

Yeah, horrendous attack by me! Absolutely horrendous, how dare I! :rolleyes:

People are too quick to jump down your throats on here. The above was all I asked, people commented and there'd been some discussion but the only attack was by Ronnie's inciting posts.

Also, about FIFA/Madden/CoD, I've not "attacked" their adverts because I don't care about them... and again, why have I not "attacked" those adverts... seriously Dazzybee, "attacked", you're just being stupid suggesting that.

"Attacked"... deary me! Haha

Edited by Kav

Yeah, horrendous attack by me! Absolutely horrendous, how dare I! :rolleyes:

People are too quick to jump down your throats on here. The above was all I asked.

Also, about FIFA/Madden/CoD, I've not "attacked" their adverts because I don't care about them... and again, why have I not "attacked" those adverts... seriously Dazzybee, "attacked", you're just being stupid suggesting that.

"Attacked"... deary me! Haha

You asked and people debated why not and why it isn't an issue, but you kept talking about it and fighting the corner, which is fine, but just baffled why you find it an issue.

And hang on, are you talking about what "you" think/care about, or the general public, because before you admitted you obviously know it has online, but some randoms might not; well the same argument can be applied to the games that you don't care about. It's either a personal thing, or a general thing, which one? What exactly is your/the problem?

And maybe attack is a little strong, but no need to get hung up on that and try and turn this into about the word "attack"; you constantly on here, on twitter constantly moan about online and voice chat; most of the tie it is warranted; this is crazy OTT how much it's bothering you... even though you admitted you know perfectly well it has online. Just feels like criticism for the sake of criticism.

You asked and people explained why not and why it isn't an issue, but you kept talking about it and fighting the corner. No one jumped down your throat, just baffled why you found it an issue.

And hang on, are you talking about what "you" think/care about, or the general public, because before you admitted you obviously know it has online, but some randoms might not; well the same argument can be applied to the games that you do't care about. It's either a personal thing, or a general thing, which one? What exactly is your/the problem?

And maybe attack is a little strong, but no need to get hung up on that and try and turn this into about the word "attack"; you constantly on here, on twitter constantly moan about online and voice chat; most of the tie it is warranted; this is crazy OTT how much it's bothering you... even though you admitted you know perfectly well it has online. Just feels like criticism for the sake of criticism.

You and I discussed it, but go back and read Ronnie's posts, they were inciting.

It's not that I was "fighting" it, what I was doing was explaining why I thought it should have it. It was a discussion we were having, look at the posts between you and me, we both were saying we had points etc, we were discussing not fighting.

However, your last post is a jump down the throat mate, read it back! It's inciting, I'd expect it from Ronnie.

I care about Nintendo and would like them to do well, I think that including said info in their adverts would help with their messaging as well as be better for people who aren't in the know.

I agree that the other games' adverts could do with having it in, but I'm not going on about those games because I don't care about those games.

When I post on here I'd expect discussion, like you and I were having (not for snarky remarks like Ronnie's). When I post on twitter I'm posting to make a point. Nintendo say they listen to fans so I'll post my thoughts.

...really, go back and read the last few pages, the conversation between yourself and me was exactly that, a conversation. It's only thanks to Ronnie's posts that it's been blown out of proportion and as a result you've got a bigger focus on the negativity and thought it was an "attack".

Without his inciting it would've been a good conversation in the thread.

Edited by Kav

You and I discussed it, but go back and read Ronnie's posts, they were inciting.

It's not that I was "fighting" it, what I was doing was explaining why I thought it should have it. It was a discussion we were having, look at the posts between you and me, we both were saying we had points etc, we were discussing not fighting.

However, your last post is a jump down the throat mate, read it back! It's inciting, I'd expect it from Ronnie.

I care about Nintendo and would like them to do well, I think that including said info in their adverts would help with their messaging as well as be better for people who aren't in the know.

I agree that the other games' adverts could do with having it in, but I'm not going on about those games because I don't care about those games.

When I post on here I'd expect discussion, like you and I were having (not for snarky remarks like Ronnie's). When I post on twitter I'm posting to make a point. Nintendo say they listen to fans so I'll post my thoughts.

...really, go back and read the last few pages, the conversation between yourself and me was exactly that, a conversation. It's only thanks to Ronnie's posts that it's been b low out of proportion and so you've got a bigger focus on the negativity and thought it was an "attack".

Without his inciting it would've been a good conversation in the thread.

I didn't mean it as a jump down the throat. And you're probably right, if you're debating with two different people at the same time, it sort of doubles up your posts.

But with the issue, I just think 95% of the people who buy switch in the first 6 months will be Nintendo fans/gamers; they'll know, so don't think it'll impact them; they need to do a far bigger job of explaining the online anyway than just a logo saying it'll have it. The confusing messaging of 'only through an app' then headsets and their own documentation saying it can have mics/headsets is not good!

Also, now this is something you should worry about, on the platoon page it says voice chat. Doesn't say that on Mario kart, just online :) Imagine if they start picking and choosing which games have it!!

Oh god, I would attack if it was just on some games! Haha

And I do agree with you on the issue at hand and the sales it will attain in its first few months. In the end I just want Nintendo to do well but also, because I've been a Nintendo gamer for about 30years, I don't want them to lose my custom but I'm finding it hard to warrant continued purchases with them... and it saddens me.

Oh god, I would attack if it was just on some games! Haha

And I do agree with you on the issue at hand and the sales it will attain in its first few months. In the end I just want Nintendo to do well but also, because I've been a Nintendo gamer for about 30years, I don't want them to lose my custom but I'm finding it hard to warrant continued purchases with them... and it saddens me.

What did you decide to do? You were on about selling the Wii U after Zelda and buying a switch anyway, you not tempted to do that beforehand and get the best version of Zelda?!

Imagine if they start picking and choosing which games have it!!

I think they will and they've already confirmed that the chat feature won't be compatible with every game so don't be expecting a party chat experience with this service.. Would not surprise me if voice chat is restricted to just the pre-game lobby like the Wii U version.

For those buying this, are you just buying it for the battle mode?

I mean, like me, you must have done everything in single player and online that you wanted to do. Battle mode aint that great to justify spending £40 on this.

Is it due to the lack of Switch games in the launch window that you are buying this?

I think they will and they've already confirmed that the chat feature won't be compatible with every game so don't be expecting a party chat experience with this service.. Would not surprise me if voice chat is restricted to just the pre-game lobby like the Wii U version.

I mean, like me, you must have done everything in single player and online that you wanted to do. Battle mode aint that great to justify spending £40 on this.

Is it due to the lack of Switch games in the launch window that you are buying this?

I'm getting it because I didn't get the Wii U version, as well as Smash and Splatoon (Toads Adventure and Paper Mario) - so for me it's a pleasant addition to BOTW. I assume many non-Wii U owners are in the same boat.

I would have bought it despite the battle mode. Battle mode has never been that fun for me. Portability was the selling point for me. But then we found out that online play will be locked behind a subscription paywall.

Now my interest is at absolute zero.

I'm getting it because I love Mario kart, can always play multiplayer Mario kart, throw win the battle mode, but also the fact it's portable. Being able to play it out and about and such appeals to me greatly.

You calling me out half a dozen times above, and calling me rotten or a blind fanboy is an attack. Me showing signs of exasperation at your never-ending obsession and complaints about Nintendo's online and party chat policy, was not. I was explaining why I thought they didn't mention the feature in their 30 second ad, it was just done in an irritated manner. Irritated because three hours can't go by on here without you complaining about the same thing over and over and over, even when presented with a fun, well-produced tv ad.

@kav82 Don't bother. If you want a normal discussion you know where to start one.

You calling me out half a dozen times above, and calling me rotten or a blind fanboy is an attack. Me showing signs of exasperation at your never-ending obsession and complaints about Nintendo's online and party chat policy, was not. I was explaining why I thought they didn't mention the feature in their 30 second ad, it was just done in an irritated manner. Irritated because three hours can't go by on here without you complaining about the same thing over and over and over, even when presented with a fun, well-produced tv ad.

I've attacked back.

I'll take that 3hr challenge! Haha

I think it's a great ad, as great as the other Switch ads to date, I haven't given it much thought beyond that.

@Glen\-i said it better than I could have. The rest was a bit of fun, that's all.

The should have shown how many cups are in the game, and what each item does, and what the menu system looks like.

Or, what they actually did was provide a focused, clear and concise look at what the game and system are about. Play Mario Kart, at home, on the go and with friends.

No need to over-analyse everything. Not EVERYTHING needs nitpicking criticism. It's a 30 second ad, some things are assumed.

The above are not attacks.

The above aren't all you posted. Typical Ronnie... don't know why I bother.

I think the worse thing about that advert is those arseholes sat in that lecture with their feet on the seats, with their backs to the lecturer. How rude.

I wish they mentioned voice chat in that ad

This isn't an attack either. It's a bit of fun, which I alluded to later:

@Glen\-i said it better than I could have. The rest was a bit of fun, that's all.

So, no attack. And certainly nothing on par with calling someone else 'what's rotten about this forum'.

I think the worse thing about that advert is those arseholes sat in that lecture with their feet on the seats, with their backs to the lecturer. How rude.

I think those guys are what are referred to as "millennials" these days. :geek:

Of course it's fun ;)

Again, don't bother kav. It's not worth it anymore.

You're right. Previously posts show who's the antagonist, I needn't carry anything on.

On another note, it's about time Mario Kart had a decent Battle Mode in it again... I'd hope this lives up to the SNES and N64 Battle Modes!

I won't bother carrying on either, it's just not worth it. My posts are clear as anything and nothing compared to kav's attack out of the blue.

I'm getting it because I didn't get the Wii U version, as well as Smash and Splatoon (Toads Adventure and Paper Mario) - so for me it's a pleasant addition to BOTW. I assume many non-Wii U owners are in the same boat.

I wish I never bothered with the Wii U. I imagine I would be as excited as you about the Switch. I feel so burnt out being a Wii U owner.

I wish I never bothered with the Wii U. I imagine I would be as excited as you about the Switch. I feel so burnt out being a Wii U owner.

A blessing in disguise I guess. The last solid Wii U game I played was Pikmin 3 - and I missed out on Smash because I bought the 3DS version (but in hindsight was the worst console to experience it on).

Is it confirmed there are no new tracks in this game?

Really disappointing that it seems to be the case.