Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Serebii

OK, quick impressions after two GP's.

1. Double items suck, the Boo item mitigates that a little, but expect to see a lot more uncontested 1st place cruising online. The threat of a coin showing up is not that big a deal anymore, which means you can get away with a lot more.

2. The wheel is really nice, very comfortable, so motion controls I will continue to use.

3. Pink Boost is nice, can't see it happening that often, but it's nice.

4. The Boo item uses the Mario Power Tennis voice and is incredibly obnoxious to look at. Naturally, I love it.

5. The glider parts have revised stats, they don't just affect Weight and Acceleration anymore. If you have a favourite setup, you might have to rethink which glider you use.

6. I'm not sure about this one, but I think item distribution has been fiddled with a bit. I've gotten a total of five Bob-omb's in 1st place so far.

EDIT: Also, why do Mii's have ABSOLUTELY NO FACIAL EXPRESSION?

It's really creepy. No matter what happens, they have the normal facial expression throughout.

See my sig? That's impossible to do now.

Edited by Glen-i

I quite like the HD Rumble usage on this. I was worried they'd leave it to be the same as how the Wii U used rumble, like with Zelda.

Glad that we're back to being able to hold an item and collect an item at the same time.

The few of us at work with Switches will be taking them in next week so we can have a go at battle mode.

Your game is full.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to let you join if the room is full, that's irritating.

You can't even spectate until a spot opens up.

I've left that room now, so I'll try and join you.

Edited by Glen-i

Did you use the expression "tilt controls" by any chance?

I was literally about to hit A before I got DC'd. I think Glen-i knew. :P

I keep getting a "The target device cannot accept any more connections" error.

I was literally about to hit A before I got DC'd. I think Glen-i knew. :P

I keep getting a "The target device cannot accept any more connections" error.

Yep, that means there's no space in the room.

The game doesn't let you spectate either, so you have no clue when there is a spot.

EDIT: This is driving me nuts, @Emerald Emblem should we open a room? We can fill the empty slots with computers or something.

@Ike you want in? I promise I won't kick you out.

Maybe...

Edited by Glen-i