Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch Presentation 13th Jan 2017

Hero-of-Time

We have a date for when the information blowout will happen!

[Tweet]791455799302246400[/Tweet]

Nintendo News: Nintendo Reveals Plans for Nintendo Switch Presentation

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- In a presentation to financial analysts today in Tokyo, Nintendo Co., Ltd. president Tatsumi Kimishima announced that major details regarding the company’s new Nintendo Switch home gaming system will be shared at the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017. This will be an event for invited media, financial analysts and trade partners in Tokyo that will be globally livestreamed on Jan. 12, U.S. time. The presentation will include the launch date and pricing for Nintendo Switch, as well as a look at the lineup of games currently in development.

Kimishima also announced that Nintendo Switch sampling events for invited media, partners, and consumers will take place in the U.S. and Europe after the presentation at later dates. There will be opportunities for the public to participate in other hands-on events around the same time, details of which will be announced later.

The exact time of the Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017 will be announced through Nintendo’s social media channels in the coming weeks. Last week, Nintendo Switch was first revealed in a video, available at http://www.nintendo.com/switch.

Finally a return to the live conferences!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live presentation is gonna score some serious points with people for sure. I'm just happy we have a big date to look forward to.

Happy it's not going to be a Nintendo direct.

Yup. I'm chuffed to bits they are doing a live conference. It shows a confidence in what your doing and the product you are selling. I also want to feed off the hype of the audience. :D

Hopefully things will go well and show Nintendo that there is still a need to do these kinds of presentations.

Hopefully things will go well and show Nintendo that there is still a need to do these kinds of presentations.

Or it could go totally wrong and convince them to never do one again?

Personally, I want it to be awkward so we can get some funny GIF's out of it.

Personally, I want it to be awkward so we can get some funny GIF's out of it.

That's exactly what I don't want out of it. I'd hate for the big reveal to go wrong, especially after we've waited so long. I want smooth sailing from start to finish.

I don't mind ND and look forward to each of them, but I still would love to see a return of a big conference at events such as E3, with ND being saved for various points throughout the year.

EDIT: Looks like it's the 13th Jan for us.

[tweet]791530720686735360[/tweet]

@Cube would you mind changing the title to reflect the date change, please?

Hmm.. I wonder what time it will air then if the time zones are crossing over like this?

EDIT 2: Cheers, @Cube.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

FYI from the press release:

Japanese media will be at the event

European and American media will be invited to try around the same time (get a sense not the exact date, but maybe that week or something)

Public will be able to try shortly after during some events

Time to be announced in the "coming weeks"

Yup. I'm chuffed to bits they are doing a live conference. It shows a confidence in what your doing and the product you are selling. I also want to feed off the hype of the audience. :D

I really disagree

Also, do note that this is a presentation hosted in Japan. Japanese audiences tend to be very calm and contained, not like American audiences, so don't get your hopes up with their "hype"

So no reason to check out Nintendo's sites until Jan 13th? Gotcha.

The time is announced in the coming weeks so maybe pop back ;)

I really disagree

Also, do note that this is a presentation hosted in Japan. Japanese audiences tend to be very calm and contained, not like American audiences, so don't get your hopes up with their "hype"

It's not the audience reactions that make a live presentation for me...

See guys? You are happy, there was no need to be pissed for not getting all the info on the initial reveal. Patience truly is a virtue :heh: - I'm sure you're happy with the date of this presentation and will be enough time for you to consider if you will be buying the Switch.

My gaming timeline is looking nice and healthy at the moment leading up to the presentation, with Sun/Moon and it's nice to have a presentation around the the most depressing time of the year.

Edited by King_V

The time is announced in the coming weeks so maybe pop back ;)

It's not the audience reactions that make a live presentation for me...

I was more referring to H-o-T's hope to get hype off of audience hype.

Eh? So showing a product live, without the ability to start from scratch and re-record it if it goes wrong, somehow shows that you don't have confidence in what your doing?

I think it doesn't make a difference. I'd rather there be no risk of mistakes or slip ups so they can provide the message clearly and especially concisely.

I think it doesn't make a difference. I'd rather there be no risk of mistakes or slip ups so they can provide the message clearly and especially concisely.

Personally, I think it does.

We are never going to see eye to eye on the matter anyway because we both have different views about live press conferences. I love 'em and but you'd rather they stay with the Direct approach.

We've been down this path many times before (Live vs Direct ) so lets just concentrate on the fact that we are getting some big news in Jan, rather than focusing on how it will be presented.

I still think it's too late for the full reveal. They may well lose potential buyers thanks to it not being prior to Xmas. People will spend at Xmas whereas they may not have spent as much if they thought they'd save for Switch too.

And if the dock truly does nothing more than charge and TV out the console then no matter what Nintendo say, or their fans, this is a handheld device!

Now if the dock does do something more, a boost of power, adds memory or features, then fair enough... but until we know for certain, it's like we're calling an apple an orange just because Nintendo say it's an orange.

I still think it's too late for the full reveal. They may well lose potential buyers thanks to it not being prior to Xmas. People will spend at Xmas whereas they may not have spent as much if they thought they'd save for Switch too.

I think there's just too much going on with existing consoles during Christmas for an unreleased console to get as much attention. The holidays are about existing products you can buy in time for Christmas- perhaps they should have released the Switch in time for Xmas but definitely not its presentation amidst everything else.

That's why I think the date is genius - back to work after the haze that was Christmas and New Years. Kickstarting the year with new info on a new console. I think the portable element is enough for PS4/XB1 gamers to be interested in it.

Now if the dock does do something more, a boost of power, adds memory or features, then fair enough... but until we know for certain, it's like we're calling an apple an orange just because Nintendo say it's an orange.

If the Switch was just a dock that connected it to the TV it could've been a 5mm tall piece of plastic with HDMI and AC in.... Must be more to it than that.

Think it's smart that they've announced a date for people to hold on to rather than endless wondering and speculation going forward. Live conference may be a good way to do it, but the bit about public hands-ons are what interest me. The Wii got a lot of roadshows in its run-up, and I'm definitely still enough on the fence to want to possibly get my hands on the thing before I think further about buying it. Just hope they have one more local to me than Westfield(unlikely).

I think it's entirely possible that the dock does nothing more than connect it to power and HDMI. To be honest I'd prefer if that were the case too. I want to be able to take the whole console with me rather than some downgraded version.

I think there's just too much going on with existing consoles during Christmas for an unreleased console to get as much attention. The holidays are about existing products you can buy in time for Christmas- perhaps they should have released the Switch in time for Xmas but definitely not its presentation amidst everything else.

That's why I think the date is genius - back to work after the haze that was Christmas and New Years. Kickstarting the year with new info on a new console. I think the portable element is enough for PS4/XB1 gamers to be interested in it.

Yeah I see no point in getting lost among the crowd when the product won't be out.

Think it's smart that they've announced a date for people to hold on to rather than endless wondering and speculation going forward. Live conference may be a good way to do it, but the bit about public hands-ons are what interest me. The Wii got a lot of roadshows in its run-up, and I'm definitely still enough on the fence to want to possibly get my hands on the thing before I think further about buying it. Just hope they have one more local to me than Westfield(unlikely).

They'll be in Westfield!? Which one? I'm lit 2 mins away from Stratford's Westfield in the Olympic park!:yay:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!