NEurope
killthenet

Euro 2016

I almost feel like we didn't deserve that win, played appallingly bad for most of the game

Happy for Sturridge.. Gutted for Allen! Now that the warm-up act is over, it's time to get ready for the main event :yay:

That was a pretty shit game - neither team really managed to string any passes together. But at least Roy got his first tournament win since 2012.

Gutting for Wales. Despite being English I felt more disappointment than anything when England scored. Wales look good enough to get a result against Russia though, so hopefully both teams can go through as 1st and 2nd.

Put a tenner on England to win at half time. Nice £31 profit. Thank you England.

I thought one of the most disappointing players was Walker. A lot of the play was coming through him but his crossing and long passes were pretty poor.

I almost feel like we didn't deserve that win, played appallingly bad for most of the game

What?! We played good football. Attacking well and constantly creating chances. Sure the quality of players isn't the best we've ever had, and the final balls could be better. But in terms of tactics we played excellently.

Oh Roy... You might be learning... Shame you left other winners at home! :(

I thought Dier had a bad game today. Just about every ball he attempted to put into the box was a miss hit. So many wasted opportunities.

Im pretty glad how rough we were in the first half. It forced Roy to make the changes that most of us were screaming for.

I wasn't happy Lallana got subbed. The guy has probably been our best player so far. Rashford did look decent when he came on though. Certainly looked a lot more confident than Sterling.

Still buzzing off the last minute win. :D

Great result and great performance from Northern Ireland. I'm going to be bold and predict that they'll get a point against Germany and go through in 3rd.

That debacle with the substitution was bizarre though.

Great result and great performance from Northern Ireland. I'm going to be bold and predict that they'll get a point against Germany and go through in 3rd.

That debacle with the substitution was bizarre though.

If we played like that on Sunday, we could have been on 4 points already! If Poland put a couple past Germany tonight, a draw would be enough to take us through :grin:

I thought Dier had a bad game today. Just about every ball he attempted to put into the box was a miss hit. So many wasted opportunities.

Im pretty glad how rough we were in the first half. It forced Roy to make the changes that most of us were screaming for.

I wasn't happy Lallana got subbed. The guy has probably been our best player so far. Rashford did look decent when he came on though. Certainly looked a lot more confident than Sterling.

Still buzzing off the last minute win. :D

I would start the game against Slovakia with the front three we had at the start of the second half, which then gives us the option of bringing on Rashford if one of them is having a poor game.

I think both Sturridge and Rashford have the ability to play in the wider position (Sturridge on the right, Rashford on the left) so can pull wide if the full backs aren't up with the play and then be comfortable tucking in if Rose and Walker can give us that width. They can both finish as well and instinctively should get into the box/onto the far post if the play is building on the opposite side.

I set my prediction to 1-1, with every other teacher going for England to win 2-1.

When Wales scored, I cheered. We were all in a packed Sports Hall and I milked that goal for all it was worth. It had nowt to do with me being part Welsh...I just wanted my fucking points.

I cheered when England scored. 1-1. Everything was coming up Milhouse. But then, that final goal...ruined my fucking day. The kids were all gloating at me...but in reality, I was still crying over my points.

I want both England and Wales to go through. Still don't think Roy truly knows what he's doing. Game 1: Make no attacking subs. Game 2: Make ALL of the attacking subs. Fuck cohesion! Fuck midfield! Attack, attack, attack.

I expect Wales to beat Russia and think England may draw against Slovakia.

To be fair, apart from the goal, Wales didn't really have much of an attack. Roy probably thought that it was ok to throw everything on up front because of that. Russia were a bit more attacking so he was more cautious?

I don't presume to understand that wise old owl.

Today told us Roy misses Welbz. And Rooney is like the son of the manager of your childhood under-15 side. There's better players out there but he's got to squeeze him or there'll be trouble.

Maybe I'm bias but Wilshere is a better option in the middle at least he's mobile! When not crocked.

Today told us Roy misses Welbz. And Rooney is like the son of the manager of your childhood under-15 side. There's better players out there but he's got to squeeze him or there'll be trouble.

Maybe I'm bias but Wilshere is a better option in the middle at least he's mobile! When not crocked.

Rooney has been the best player on the pitch in both of the games, absolutely bossing the midfield. Maybe if Wilshere hadn't missed the whole season out injured he'd have a better claim, but as it stands there is no way he deserves to be ahead of Rooney.

The Germany game was a disappointment. Poland looked quite comfortable, especially in the second half. I thought that they'd pinch it. Didn't really enjoy that game at all.

The Germany game was a disappointment. Poland looked quite comfortable, especially in the second half. I thought that they'd pinch it. Didn't really enjoy that game at all.

Such a boring match and what a disastrous performance of us...Here I thought we would step up our game after that victory against Ukraine and what did we do? Nothing...

We seriously need to improve.

However, none of the "big" teams have played very well so far...will be interesting to see what the next matches have in store for us.

Which do people reckon is going to be the first match to have more than three goals? I reckon Spain vs Turkey, with Spain winning 3-1.

Strangely muted scorelines though, so far.

I'll wait for Turkey's line up before I make a prediction.

Their performance against Croatia was horrible and their manager didn't help with odd substitutions.

If Turkey don't step up their game I recon the will lose 3:0. But Spain needs to be more efficient in front of the goal...

Edit: Italy will win 2:0 against Sweden!

Edit #2: Wow, another incredibly boring game in the afternoon...really doubt it will end with my predicted score.

Edited by drahkon

Surprised Italy won that game, I don't think either team really played very well but Sweden looked the more likely for most of it. That result means that the Republic Of Ireland can now qualify in 2nd place if they get 3 draws and Belgium vs Sweden ends in a draw.

Fucking assholes. :mad:

For me, this has to end with Croatia being thrown out of the tournament. Without any discussion.

Will never happen, though...

Disgusting behaviour from the Croatian fans. You can understand when idiots do stuff like that when their team is losing but they were winning! Man, that one guy had it explode right in his face.

Fucking assholes. :mad:

For me, this has to end with Croatia being thrown out of the tournament. Without any discussion.

Will never happen, though...

They should at least be given a suspended disqualification as the Russians have. The actions of the Croatia fans were disgusting and I think the disruption has given the Czech players the impetus to go on and score a second.