NEurope
killthenet

Euro 2016

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

NH0zEjj.gif?noredirect

WE MOTHERFUCKING DID IT! HOLY SHIT!

NOBODY DARE TELL US THAT "PORTUGAL HAS RONALDO, NOT A TEAM"! NOT AFTER THIS MATCH!

Portugal is unlikely to win the whole thing

I felt our goalkeeper wasn't very good

SHUT UP YOU NON-BELIEVER! RUI PATRÍCIO IS OUR HERO!

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

NH0zEjj.gif?noredirect

WE MOTHERFUCKING DID IT! HOLY SHIT!

NOBODY DARE TELL US THAT "PORTUGAL HAS RONALDO, NOT A TEAM"! NOT AFTER THIS MATCH!

Portugal is unlikely to win the whole thing

I felt our goalkeeper wasn't very good

SHUT UP YOU NON-BELIEVER! RUI PATRÍCIO IS OUR HERO!

Overally a dull tournament. Kind of glad that its all over.

Portugal are underserved winners imo. How you can progress so much by only drawing doesn't seem right.

Portugal are underserved winners imo. How you can progress so much by only drawing doesn't seem right.

I was happy Portugal beat France. I was sick of officials handing France decisions all the way through the tournament, so it was great to see their hearts broken when they had one hand on the trophy.

Very happy for Ronaldo. People may dislike the guy but he is one of the most passionate players around and works his socks off both on and off the pitch.

Yup. I think the whole thing has been a bit of a mess and didn't make for great viewing. The 3rd team going through killed any need for attacking football in the group stages. I think it was @Fierce_ LiNk you suggested that teams who draw 0-0 should get 0 points and I think that's a very fair idea.

Sadly, the tournament has been a financial success for UEFA, which means they will be keep the same setup for future tournaments.

I was happy Portugal beat France. I was sick of officials handing France decisions all the way through the tournament, so it was great to see their hearts broken when they had one hand on the trophy.

Very happy for Ronaldo. People may dislike the guy but he is one of the most passionate players around and works his socks off both on and off the pitch.

Yup. I think the whole thing has been a bit of a mess and didn't make for great viewing. The 3rd team going through killed any need for attacking football in the group stages. I think it was @Fierce_ LiNk you suggested that teams who draw 0-0 should get 0 points and I think that's a very fair idea.

Sadly, the tournament has been a financial success for UEFA, which means they will be keep the same setup for future tournaments.

Aye, I did suggest that. I stick by it, too.

Congratulation, @Jonnas. As the minutes seemed to tick by, Portugal grew into the game and looked the better of the two teams in extra time, even before the goal. I think it was midway through the first half of extra time where I said that I could see Portugal getting a goal and winning it there.

On paper, France had it all there in front of them. Strong tournament, players playing well, a strong first eleven and bench, home crowd, opponents who haven't scored that many goals. It was there for them to win it. But, they didn't. The killer for me was that Martial was brought on so late...the game was begging for him to appear and stretch the Portuguese defence.

I did feel very sorry for Ronaldo and I'll never understand some of the criticism he gets. Would we just prefer an emotionless robot who comes on, does his thing and never anything more? Part of what makes Ronaldo work is his passion, emotion and his persona. The field is like a stage to him and he's the star. I was happy to see him on the touchline urging his team on, even shoving one of his defenders back onto the pitch when they came off briefly in extra time.

On the whole, I think the tournament has been average. Some good games/moments, many were lackluster and...quite uneventful really. It's been by the book. It's been relatively clean, with no unnecessary drama (no biting, no needless fouls, not many red cards or debatable issues), but there's been something missing. Many teams were quite cautious and didn't give it a go until the very end. I do think the quality of defensive coaching has improved throughout the years and that's why you didn't see many teams get thrashed. The defending has been tight, but I think there just hasn't been enough flare or attacking play. Everyone is too afraid to make a mistake. Nobody wants to go further and make an effort to grab the glory in fear of making a mistake and letting their country down. That's been it for me.

Aye, I did suggest that. I stick by it, too.

Congratulation, @Jonnas. As the minutes seemed to tick by, Portugal grew into the game and looked the better of the two teams in extra time, even before the goal. I think it was midway through the first half of extra time where I said that I could see Portugal getting a goal and winning it there.

On paper, France had it all there in front of them. Strong tournament, players playing well, a strong first eleven and bench, home crowd, opponents who haven't scored that many goals. It was there for them to win it. But, they didn't. The killer for me was that Martial was brought on so late...the game was begging for him to appear and stretch the Portuguese defence.

I did feel very sorry for Ronaldo and I'll never understand some of the criticism he gets. Would we just prefer an emotionless robot who comes on, does his thing and never anything more? Part of what makes Ronaldo work is his passion, emotion and his persona. The field is like a stage to him and he's the star. I was happy to see him on the touchline urging his team on, even shoving one of his defenders back onto the pitch when they came off briefly in extra time.

On the whole, I think the tournament has been average. Some good games/moments, many were lackluster and...quite uneventful really. It's been by the book. It's been relatively clean, with no unnecessary drama (no biting, no needless fouls, not many red cards or debatable issues), but there's been something missing. Many teams were quite cautious and didn't give it a go until the very end. I do think the quality of defensive coaching has improved throughout the years and that's why you didn't see many teams get thrashed. The defending has been tight, but I think there just hasn't been enough flare or attacking play. Everyone is too afraid to make a mistake. Nobody wants to go further and make an effort to grab the glory in fear of making a mistake and letting their country down. That's been it for me.

A lot of teams are finding success recently by playing a counter attacking style in response to the possession based football popularised by Barcelona and Spain and it seems to be helping teams that maybe aren't quite as strong but have one or two superstars in the team. Which is why you've seen teams like Leicester win the Premier League, Burton getting promoted to the Championship, Atletico Madrid reaching the Champions League Final and now I guess Portugal winning the Euros.

A lot of teams are finding success recently by playing a counter attacking style in response to the possession based football popularised by Barcelona and Spain and it seems to be helping teams that maybe aren't quite as strong but have one or two superstars in the team. Which is why you've seen teams like Leicester win the Premier League, Burton getting promoted to the Championship, Atletico Madrid reaching the Champions League Final and now I guess Portugal winning the Euros.