NEurope
killthenet

Euro 2016

Joe Hart should have done better with the second goal, imo. More uncertainty around him.

Even if England do get through (I still think they will), I can't see them beating any of the remaining teams with this kind of performance.

Hart has looked dodgey since the start of the tournament. Dude needs to go back to filming shampoo adverts.

Joe Hart should have done better with the second goal, imo. More uncertainty around him.

Even if England do get through (I still think they will), I can't see them beating any of the remaining teams with this kind of performance.

Joe Hart makes me laugh! He looks ridiculously pumped up before each game and, just like tonight and with Gareth Bale's free kick, I just know a mistake is coming..

Hart has looked dodgey since the start of the tournament. Dude needs to go back to filming shampoo adverts.

As soon as he started all of this Head and Shoulders shit, I knew he would decline in form. He's got no real competition and he's doing all of this extra stuff instead of challenging himself. Needs a kick up the arse.

Kane on free kicks, again. On current form, I'm not even sure he should be on the pitch ::shrug:

England don't create anywhere near enough clear chances. They just don't play quickly enough!

Kane on free kicks, again. On current form, I'm not even sure he should be on the pitch ::shrug:

England don't create anywhere near enough clear chances. They just don't play quickly enough!

Why aren't we just piling men into the box and getting Walker and Rose to whip the ball in from the byline? It's such a simple and effective tactic.

Did anyone else catch that moment after the second Icelandic goal went in and somebody from the crowd started playing God Save The Queen on some sort of wind instrument? It just sounded really melancholic and...a bit pathetic.

FFS, WHY WOULD YOU SHOW A HEAD AND SHOULDERS ADVERT NOW?!!

Why aren't we just piling men into the box and getting Walker and Rose to whip the ball in from the byline? It's such a simple and effective tactic.

I wouldn't trust the delivery. It amazes me how awful the final ball and crosses are from 'top' teams. The amount of times the pass is overhit or simply doesn't head in the general direction of anyone is embarrassing :nono:

The front three need to come off, they have all been awful.

Rashford, Vardy and Lalana would be much better.

How can someone with a personality as dry as Hodgson's motivate the players at half time to come back and win the game? When he was at Fulham he was a great tactician, but he's clearly lost any skill that he had in that department. Doesn't offer anything positive as England manager for me.

I wouldn't trust the delivery. It amazes me how awful the final ball and crosses are from 'top' teams. The amount of times the pass is overhit or simply doesn't head in the general direction of anyone is embarrassing :nono:

Corners that don't make it past the first man.

Corners that are over-hit and go out for throwings or don't even touch the ground until they've reached the other end of the box (as in, sailed over ALL of the players)

Crosses that don't make it past the first man.

SHORT CORNERS.

All of these should be punishable by a week's month's wages.

How can someone with a personality as dry as Hodgson's motivate the players at half time to come back and win the game? When he was at Fulham he was a great tactician, but he's clearly lost any skill that he had in that department. Doesn't offer anything positive as England manager for me.

Has a manager ever been sacked at half time..? :heh:

I think England are heading out. They've been pathetic!

To be fair we don't really look that different to any other game we've played in this tournament. We've been shocking and have scraped through to get to where we are.

He has to resign in the post match interview. When you've been in charge of the most pathetic England performance ever you have to take responsibility for it and leave.

Terrible, terrible match.

Ah well, hopefully Roy will be gone thanks to this result. At least there's that.

Iceland were by far the better side, they could even have won by more and fair play to them, they showed how weak our defence is and there is no fear in attacking England. The fact we took the early lead makes this result an even more bitter pill to swallow, England play far too slow and the nerves might play a role in that, Roy Hodgson is not a man who can instil fire and passion into the team, he absolutely has to go.

Looking at the draw, France would have butt-fucked us next game anyway.

However, that was a terrible, terrible performance. Did we actually hit the target in the second half? I don't think so? I don't remember if we did!

I can't believe how we managed to ruin that. England were relieved that they didn't play against Portugal...and we STILL made a mess of it. Out of all the fixtures, this was one of the more winnable ones.

LOL that was appalling, we just lost to the Bolton wanderers of the international teams! Roy Hodgson has been useless for England we've never done a thing

And i'm sick of Rooney, he has been an expensive goal hanger for a long time, only managing short bursts of speed at his best - what on earth was he doing tonight? where are players of the same quality of 10 years ago?

LOL, some of my friends on Facebook have added "son" to the end of their names to give themselves an Icelandic twist. Fucking cried when that popped up.

We may have gone out on Saturday against Wales but I'm so proud of us for making the tournament and progressing through the group stage. I'm not sure anyone can be proud of this England team!

Atrocious.

Rashford was the only player who looked like he might make a difference but he was only given FIVE FUCKING MINUTES! Bringing on Wilshere for Dier made absolutely no fucking difference either. Absolutely baffling substitutions once again.

I didn't think it could get worse than the World Cup two years ago but it just did. Roy needs to announce his resignation in the post match interview.