NEurope
Kav

Battlefield 1

Battlefield 5 reveal tonight, 9pm GMT.

[tweet]726063529388826624[/tweet]

I'm really looking forward to this, I'm going to have to tell the Mrs to let me be for the reveal... priorities!

My oldest nephew is stupidly hyped for this announcement.

I've never been a fan of the series but i'm willing to give the new version a go if the setting is interesting enough. I quite like the rumours of it being set in the WW1/WW2 eras.

Loved Bad Company 2, wasn't as big a fan of BF3 & BF4 from what I played. Maybe with a cohesive NE squad this might be worth a look? I'm also game for WW2 and fewer customization options, the last of which is highly unlikely.

I would shit my pants if they announced BF 1944.

Loved Bad Company 2, wasn't as big a fan of BF3 & BF4 from what I played. Maybe with a cohesive NE squad this might be worth a look? I'm also game for WW2 and fewer customization options, the last of which is highly unlikely.

I would shit my pants if they announced BF 1944.

I would also welcome this. A lot of shooters come with too much baggage now.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

BF4 has the right amount of customisation. It's easily my favourite multiplayer game... ever!

I'd kill for a good N-E showing on BF5, it'd be awesome running squads!

I had a blast time on BF3. However I rarely play on BF4 (Destiny is too addicting)

Guy with a cape and an anal intruder in his left hand......interesting!

Guy with a cape and an anal intruder in his left hand......interesting!

Day one for you then? :D

Guess there are too much modern/futuristic shooter games atm so DICE decided to go old skool.

All those WWII games from years ago made me lose my interest in that setting. WWI is fresh though.. Definitely interested in this though I hope they get the balance between fantasy gameplay and realism right.. It seems to be a bit too epic.

For those who don't realise, there already is a FPS game on Steam with the WWI setting. It's in early-access, but last time I checked comments were positive I believe.

It's only a small thing, but I welcome the return to proper weapon variety. Iron sights that you have to put up with even if you don't like them, features of guns that add balance and trade-offs, as opposed to being able to customize weaknesses away so as to homogenize everything. Counter-intuitively, that's what customization has done in my view. There will still be attachments in this apparently, but obviously to a lesser extent in fitting with the period.

Promising from the snippets they've shown.

I can't wait to be in the trenches hurling insults.

Trailers are great. Online multiplayer should be great.

However, the one part they truly have to nail with this game is the campaign, I feel. It's a very fragile subject for many, despite us being almost 100 years on from the end of WW1. They have an abundance of source material to work with as a result, and need to be smart in showing that both sides fighting truly believed they were fighting for what was right, and it should have a plethora of truly heart wrenching moments.

And yes, that does mean I want to see England vs Germany playing football on the muddy battlefield on Christmas Day.

...only if they exchange chocolate and shortbread in the middle.

BF has never featured a passable campaign mode, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Did I hear correctly that the campaign will feature the famous Harlem Hellfighters? Because exploring that by itself would be super interesting.

I don't care in the slightest for campaign, just let me know what the multiplayer is like!

BF4 is my favourite multiplayer game ever so I hope this lives up to what DICE can do.

Looks great! :bowdown:

The part around the 40 second mark is where I get excited the most. The setting there looks great. Am interested to see how the whole dynamic weather thing works out.

Definite purchase for me.

45 mins of multiplayer gameplay...