Ashley

content-4-34650-si_nintendoselects.jpg

Wii U

• New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
  • Wii Party U
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
  • LEGO CITY Undercover.

€24,99 / £19.99 as of April 15th (including eShop). Wii Party U comes without the stand and New Super Mario Bros U will be removed from eShop and replaced with the double-pack.

Full report.

Edit

Originally this said several 3DS and Wii titles join the range. That was a mistake on my part as those titles already exist within the range. These Wii U titles join those 3DS/Wii titles in the range. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Edited by Ashley

I wonder what this means for the New Super Luigi U DLC which is currently £17.99 :shakehead

I had the retail version but gave it to my brother as a gift after I beat it with the intention of picking up the download at some point..

It's essentially being merged with the Mario one and both games will now be £20. The press release mentions the Mario title will be removed from the eShop. Presumably the Luigi one will remain and just be £2 cheaper...

I wonder what this means for the New Super Luigi U DLC which is currently £17.99 :shakehead

Seeing as the download version of New Super Mario Bros. U is being replaced with the double pack, either two things will happen.

- NSLU vanishes without a trace...

- NSLU stays exactly where it is so people who have just got NSMBU can still download it. (My money's on this happening)

Seeing as the download version of New Super Mario Bros. U is being replaced with the double pack, either two things will happen.

- NSLU vanishes without a trace...

- NSLU stays exactly where it is so people who have just got NSMBU can still download it. (My money's on this happening)

I assume the latter too but it raises the dilemma of waiting to see if it reduces in price or disappear altogether :eek:

Strange as it may seem, I don't want to download the combined game as I want to keep New Super Mario Bros U physical. I'm never buying an HDD for my Wii U :heh:

I had the retail version but gave it to my brother as a gift after I beat it with the intention of picking up the download at some point..

Crazy fool. It goes for quite a lot on ebay and the price is constantly on the rise.

*hugs sealed copy*

Also every 'Players Choice' etc. cover is ugly as hell. It warrants a price drop.

I've said it before but the whole 'Nintendo Selects' thing makes it look like they're selling a range of quality cooked meats :blank:

In all honesty, I'd rather hunt down an original version of a game instead of opting for Nintendo Selects, Player's Choice, Platinum or whatever else : peace:

In all honesty, I'd rather hunt down an original version of a game instead of opting for Nintendo Selects, Player's Choice, Platinum or whatever else : peace:

Yup.

I don't let any of those types of boxes on my shelves. I don't understand why they don't just drop the price and keep the original boxes. ::shrug: Not that it matters much as I usually buy the games I want before these types of changes are made.

Crazy fool. It goes for quite a lot on ebay and the price is constantly on the rise.

*hugs sealed copy*

My brother has been good to me over the years so he probably deserves it (even if he's unaware of the potential value of it :blank:)

I may just end up paying the £17.99 to download the New Super Luigi U DLC in the next couple of weeks but the strange thing is that I don't really have much of an intention to play through it again.. at least, not in the near future :heh:

Hmm, nice move for WiiU owners (and I must say, I don't think the box art is too bad. The GC silver edge ones were worse!). Too bad that we are not getting the same as US though, since they are getting Ocarina Of Time 3DS. But the WiiU line-up is much better in the EU Selects!

I've said it before but the whole 'Nintendo Selects' thing makes it look like they're selling a range of quality cooked meats :blank:

Yep same!

5d574x.jpg

:shakehead

Thankfully I now have The Uncharted Collection!!... :D

Edited by Retro_Link

So I will be able to get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Lego City Undercover for 50 euros combined????

OK, this is tempting, even if it means that I can't resell the games which is how I operate now (the only way to get most of the games I want).

If I can only get one of the games, which one should I choose? I am thinking of going for Lego City Undercover as it is much harder to find here, but only if it's at least some 10h long?

So I will be able to get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Lego City Undercover for 50 euros combined????

OK, this is tempting, even if it means that I can't resell the games which is how I operate now (the only way to get most of the games I want).

If I can only get one of the games, which one should I choose? I am thinking of going for Lego City Undercover as it is much harder to find here, but only if it's at least some 10h long?

Without hesitation, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze : peace:

The one that has David Wise doing the soundtrack.

That's Donkey Kong.

I gave my nephew the disc with Mario and Luigi, but he has the Luigi DLC disc and I was planing to get it from him and now I am sure I will, have to make some money :D.