Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

Beast

For my birthday my girlfriend got me two hours indoor climbing lessons with an instructor so we did that yesterday. That was quite fun! I don't know why I've never tried that before, it's just right for me as I'm flexible, strong and light. It proved to be quite good exercise and fun as well. I also found that I'm not that afraid of heights - as long as I'm in a safety line at least. :) Though climbing high was fun, I had a bit more fun just climbing horizontally as that challenged me more.

Might want to do that a bit more, it was seriously good for the arms and shoulders as well as challenging for the head. However, after two hours my grip was completely wasted.

My girlfriend also quite liked it so we might actually do this together once in a while.

(FitNotes doesn't have climbing in it - which category do you think it belongs to?)

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a go at Crossfit Opens WOD 16.4 yesterday. It consists of:

AMRAP 13 minutes (as many reps as possible) of:

55 deadlift (100 kg for men / 80 for women, ish)

55 wall balls (10 kg / 7 kg)

55 cal rowing

55 hand-stand push-ups

I did it with 80 kg deadlift and a shorter distance for the wall balls as the ceiling is a bit lower than recommended at my gym. Managed to get to 193 reps in total (i.e. I got to 28 HSPU). It was a really good workout, but I was completely wasted afterwards. :)

I feel like I've totally lost focus at the gym now. Am I cutting, am I bulking? I don't really want to bulk because I really want to get to as low bf% as possible before I start slow bulking for the long haul. I think I'm cutting but I haven't really seen much difference in the past few months but it might just be that it's because I see myself every day.

My bench is going up. Did two sets of five reps at 110kg. So that's good.

Realised I was not hitting a certain part of my back like I thought I was which means I've developed an imbalance which I'm now fixing. I think that has thrown me off a little.

Basically, I'm not really sure what to do.

Which part of the back is that?

I tried incline benching today. Hated it but my upper chest is flat as a little girl's so want to add a bit of umph to that before my wedding late May. So it'll be incline bench 3x6 @ 45+ kg a couple of times a week until then!

I feel like I've totally lost focus at the gym now. Am I cutting, am I bulking? I don't really want to bulk because I really want to get to as low bf% as possible before I start slow bulking for the long haul. I think I'm cutting but I haven't really seen much difference in the past few months but it might just be that it's because I see myself every day.

My bench is going up. Did two sets of five reps at 110kg. So that's good.

Realised I was not hitting a certain part of my back like I thought I was which means I've developed an imbalance which I'm now fixing. I think that has thrown me off a little.

Basically, I'm not really sure what to do.

This article might help.

Perhaps continue to lift fairly heavy, fairly low volume, maybe finish every workout with moderately heavy carries for extra calorie expenditure, carries shouldn't make you too sore or make recovery an issue.

I'm at that point with the gym that its been a while since I started going regularly again that it feels like a chore but not long enough that I notice any benefits to make it worth while. Oh well, march on.

Considering trying to cut down on carbs as much as possible to see if that helps shift some of the spare weight that's around my stomach. Although I'm going to Italy next week so I must have bread. When I'm back I'll try and cut it out and alcohol out for a while...but then two weeks after I'm back I go home and it's always more difficult to politely refuse things there. I'll give it a go anyway!

Actually I'll ease into it (as it were) as of this weekend. Cut out now and accept next weekend will head backwards a bit but it might help psychologically to start immediately.

Edited by Ashley

We broke up for Easter yesterday and I wanted to come home, workout and play games for the rest of the night.

What actually happened was that I came home, put Rise of the Planet of the Apes on and fell asleep on the sofa after that. Going to have to make up for it today!

Seriously can't wait until we get a cage/power rack in our eventual new place. Today it's squats, overhead press and deadlifts, which means I have to set up the stands for squats, then move EVERYTHING (stands, bar, weights) to the other side of the room because we have a beam on our ceiling that prevents me from pressing before moving everything back again for deadlifts later. It's just fiddly as hell.

I've lost another lb.

Not too bad that for the past two weeks ive been doing a course then an exam so the exercise has taken a hit and ive had lots of crappy food.

Good job, brah. Keep going.

Easter is a fucking sucker for gaining weight, especially as a teacher. We've had parents bringing in chocolate, kids bringing shit in and staff, too. I had a friend make me a big batch of chocolate brownies as a thank you for covering somebody else's fuck up. To top it all off, somebody made this most amazing...thing that I've ever tasted. I didn't know what the fuck I was eating, but it was delicious and I could feel the diabetes running through me. It was like a halfbreed between a brownie and cake with fruit in between, very crunchy on top.

Motherfuckers. How am I meant to stay in shape when all of this is around me?

I feel the same way being at home in Belgium now... they keep presenting me yummy food! Sunday there will be cake as well for my niece's first birthday, ahhhhh!

As I felt bad about the bad food, I decided to do some exercise today (this was after 9pm already, when I finally got home from being out all day). Went on my mom's treadmill, and for the first time in forever, I was able to run 5km in one go, without having to walk in between. :)

Quite impressed with myself as I never run (last time I did was at least half a year ago, if not longer), and when I did I had to alternate between running and walking. I guess my cardio at home has been paying off!

I really pushed myself today, and now my legs are sore haha. Will feel it tomorrow, which is gonna be fun when I am supposed to walk around in IKEA all afternoon. Oh dear. :P

CeqIsJWXIAAgm4V.jpg

I am so incredibly happy! :D

36lb loss in 3 months and 8 inches off my waist.

Congratulations - you're looking much better. Keep it going, you could end up being a poster boy for weight loss as you've achieved so much!

Remember - be the best person you can, be fit, be athletic, be clean, sharply dressed and smart. You will feel better about yourself and with that will come extra confidence which in turn will make those around you respect you more.

If you always strive to be the best you can be, you are far more likely to succeed, especially when it comes to getting a partner and achieving goals in the work place.

But even if you things go wrong, if you're the best you can be, at least you went down looking great and you'll have no regrets as you gave it your best!

Keep up the good work :)

Congratulations - you're looking much better. Keep it going, you could end up being a poster boy for weight loss as you've achieved so much!

Remember - be the best person you can, be fit, be athletic, be clean, sharply dressed and smart. You will feel better about yourself and with that will come extra confidence which in turn will make those around you respect you more.

If you always strive to be the best you can be, you are far more likely to succeed, especially when it comes to getting a partner and achieving goals in the work place.

But even if you things go wrong, if you're the best you can be, at least you went down looking great and you'll have no regrets as you gave it your best!

Keep up the good work :)

Thanks, Zech. That's very good advice and I totally agree with it. I'm feeling even better now that I'm a slim XXL. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe today. Well, not entirely new because I know I'll lose more weight but I'm so happy I can fit into these!!! Was just beaming all day long!

650c15ed90c84f654ffd0de8c8e51bb8.jpgd70b952ef87fc7b31a2a2811d423f110.jpgb53ff0450ebbbf70b9cecb79843c4643.jpg8257b99d1d9f8b1b8b17d5825cce0fb7.jpgee9a4d4eb88623db9be1f7f1350035c2.jpg74cd65b1cdd4c338acf218ef6240cbdc.jpg18ec3870916e8811add32902a8ec04e3.jpg6e024a270f6e308057edb5e2a3d23a63.jpg

...and I bought these because they're just so comfy!

c2e80b82d59255a422d74df9860663f6.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!