Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

Beast

Yeah, it's all about progress. A lot of it is mental, too. If you could only do one pull-up at the start but can now do 10 in succession, that's progress. If you look in the mirror naked and start to like the look of your body or notice that certain parts look better now than before (like the abs or chest) then that's progress.

Progress is slow, but any progress is better than no progress. Make progress first and then make changes once it stops happening for a period of time.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went back to stronglifts, doing 5x5 backsquat, 5x5 shoulder press, 4x5 deadlifts, with 5 pull-ups between every set of the first two and dips between sets of deadlifts, two-three times a week. Really enjoying this, it's a really nice combination that just takes the body to another level and hits every major muscle in the body.

I think I've properly hit my stride with my cut. Lost a bit of weight but not too fast, think I can see a bit more definition. My lifts don't really seem to be suffering but I do get hella tired much quicker in the gym. Going to try and keep this going for a couple more weeks, have a refeed week and then carry on.

I've become an absolute pull-up beast, too.

I need to work on row progressions, though. They're the only thing that I'm not too knowledgable about.

Edit: Googled it, apparently I need to do a Tucked Front Lever and hold it for 30 seconds.

Edited by Daft

Back in Feb I chipped my ankle bone and damaged the ligaments playing football. I hadn't been to the gym since until today... and I don't watch what I eat...

84012CAD-1480-45DA-BFC0-B881FB3A1DF9_zpsplel0os9.jpg

I need to get back on it.

I can't run as my ankle still isn't up to scratch, so I'm cycling as its zero-impact.

Back in Feb I chipped my ankle bone and damaged the ligaments playing football. I hadn't been to the gym since until today... and I don't watch what I eat...

84012CAD-1480-45DA-BFC0-B881FB3A1DF9_zpsplel0os9.jpg

I need to get back on it.

I can't run as my ankle still isn't up to scratch, so I'm cycling as its zero-impact.

Sit-ups, weights, rowing, squats(?)...you got this. Also, welcome to the N-Estagram club! :)

How the fuck do you get rid of love handles?

Wii Fit hula hoop and zumba...no lies!

@kav82

I personally wouldn't pay much attention to the body fat on that machine in Pure Gym. Its so inaccurate.

I go on the theory that as long as it's inaccurate by the same amount each time then it's ok for comparison purposes.

That actually makes a lot of sense. However I don't own a Wii Fit, and there's no fucking way I'm going to zumba.

Actually, spot reduction (losing weight or fat in one specific part of the body) doesn't exist. Generally wherever you put the weight on last it will come off first. If you want to get rid of fat around your waist it's the same as anywhere else. Eat a calorie deficit. Abs are made in the kitchen, as they say.

Actually, spot reduction (losing weight or fat in one specific part of the body) doesn't exist. Generally wherever you put the weight on last it will come off first. If you want to get rid of fat around your waist it's the same as anywhere else. Eat a calorie deficit. Abs are made in the kitchen, as they say.

Unfortunately I put weight on my love handles first. :(

Get down to sub 10% bodyfat and they'll go. :)

Says the guy with bodyfat much higher than that. Last few weeks since starting the new job have been a struggle. I've finally got into a routine though. In general it looks a bit like this. The tennis season has kicked off so I'm playing more regularly. I do weights Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as those are the days I'm in the Edinburgh office and use the on-site gym.

Monday:

• Weights at lunch
  • PM- Tennis or Cardio

Tuesday:

• AM - Weights
  • PM- Tennis

Wednesday:

• AM - Weights

Thursday:

• AM - Tennis (or rest)
  • PM - Cardio

Friday: Rest

Saturday:

• AM - Badminton

Sunday: Rest or cycle/run

Edited by Charlie

I'm going to guess that I'm at 12/13% at the moment, so hopefully soooon.

Get some photos of dem abs up then.

Edit - I've just seen that you're female? If so this probably seems quite creepy... I swear I just enjoy looking at ripped people of all genders.

She does have a fantastic beard tho.

Great tits too, if I don't say so myself.

Get some photos of dem abs up then.

Edit - I've just seen that you're female? If so this probably seems quite creepy... I swear I just enjoy looking at ripped people of all genders.

Ha! I love it when that fucks with people. I am (a now beardless) man. :heh:

There are plenty of photos of me on my Instagram. No prizes for guessing my username. Feel free to guess my bodyfat %.

There are plenty of photos of me on my Instagram. No prizes for guessing my username. Feel free to guess my bodyfat %.

I didn't think that you were a woman to be honest but it did make me think I had said something incredibly creepy.

That actually makes a lot of sense. However I don't own a Wii Fit, and there's no fucking way I'm going to zumba.

Zumba on the Wii or YouTube videos. I use Club Fitz or Nicholas Jacobs. I look like a twat but it's fun, haha.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Can somebody create a weights program for me, please? When I get down to mid 16st, I want to balance weights with cardio a little more. I don't do weights a lot because other people are there and I get self-conscious (which is something I'm working on). Sometimes I'm okay but sometimes I'm not but I want a good, stable program to use with bodyweight and free weights or weight machines. If anyone could do it, I'd be grateful.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

She does have a fantastic beard tho.

When people used to compliment @Daft's beard, he used to be like

3bd07d3322dbe2330080fa24a5f121c0.jpg

Let's casually stalk him on instag....OH MAN, YOU'RE HENCH SON!

I thought this forum was full of nerdy, skinny men :heh:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!