Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Weight Loss and Fitness 2016

Beast

3461801af53cf21f03e7aba8f14d0970.jpg

This is my next target shirt. Saw it in a shop and loved it. The only size they did was XL so I bought it as motivation. I think XL will be my lowest size and hard to get down to but I don't think it'll be impossible.

Tag comes off when it fits! :)

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Down 10.6kg in 5 weeks. Want to get another 15kg off over the next 11 months. Plan to start lifting again so gave myself a somewhat slow loss plan.

When I get my mortgage reward (£1750) I plan on kitting out my small bedroom with a custom made squat rack and proper flooring. So I can start doing a modified Stronglifts. I miss lifting, a lot!

But in the mean time intermittent fasting on its own is keeping me ticking over

I've quite quickly come to the point where I can lift 5x5 backsquats, overhead press and 3x5 deadlift without feeling it at all the day after, even though I wouldn't be able to press the weights further up. This surprises me but I don't think it's that bad - it's just my body being used to this kind of strain.

6a63cac043752dd177b6808a9a7be954.jpg

I've started doing weights and tried out @pratty's plan...forgot to do the face pulls though! Sorry!

- 100% ArmyFit app: all Level 5 muscle exercises

- Deadlifts: Built up to 100kg and did 3 sets of 6 reps

- BenchPress: Built up to 70kg and did 3 sets of 6 reps

- BackSquats: Built up to 80kg and did 3 sets of 6 reps

- 10 minutes of sprinting

- 45 minutes of #Spin

- 15 minutes of jogging

- 1 hour of #Boxercise

- 30 minutes of jogging/walking

Nice, but I do really hope that you've got some guidance and not just started on your own. You need someone to watch you and teach you the right techniques before you get to those weights!

Yeah, I always had someone watching me. They actually said I kept great form, which surprised me, and said I made lifting them look easy, which again surprised me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Great to see the hard work you guys have put in and seeing it paid off! Very, very inspirational stuff!

Had to put my gym sessions on hold due to exam season, depending on the occasional run to both clear my mind and keep me fit.

I cannot wait to get back in that gym. My goals are already set!

Great to see the hard work you guys have put in and seeing it paid off! Very, very inspirational stuff!

Had to put my gym sessions on hold due to exam season, depending on the occasional run to both clear my mind and keep me fit.

I cannot wait to get back in that gym. My goals are already set!

That's what I like to hear! Go you!

Yeah, I always had someone watching me. They actually said I kept great form, which surprised me, and said I made lifting them look easy, which again surprised me.

Not that your form isn't good or that the person watching doesn't know what they're doing, but do your own research. Make sure YOU know your form is good – and on top of that WHY that is good form. I see a lot of shitty form in the gym from people who should know better; they've stalled while I've kept progressing.

Only yesterday did I see a Personal Trainer okay a client doing not-even-close to full range of movement (RoM) EZ-Bar curls.

Like I said, I'm not saying your form is bad or the person spotting you doesn't know what they're doing but the only person you can really trust is yourself after doing some proper research.

So make sure you learn proper form and also learn why that form is mechanically correct.

Not that your form isn't good or that the person watching doesn't know what they're doing, but do your own research. Make sure YOU know your form is good – and on top of that WHY that is good form. I see a lot of shitty form in the gym from people who should know better; they've stalled while I've kept progressing.

Only yesterday did I see a Personal Trainer okay a client doing not-even-close to full range of movement (RoM) EZ-Bar curls.

Like I said, I'm not saying your form is bad or the person spotting you doesn't know what they're doing but the only person you can really trust is yourself after doing some proper research.

So make sure you learn proper form and also learn why that form is mechanically correct.

I so so so so so agree with this. Some "personal trainers" don't have a notion what they are talking about half of the time. I worked very hard to ensure my training was done right at the very beginning because its harder to work out mistakes than training right in the first time.

I've seen dudes attempt to copy my workouts before, and doing it so so badly because they just go to the gym and haven't had proper training.

The amount of PTs I've seen telling people its ok to do squats on a smith machine. Or teaching them terrible terrible form while swinging a kettlebell. Just NO. :nono:

Oh my goodness @Animal thats incredible!!! Good work!

as of today i've lost 12.9kg which is just over 2 stone. Currently 123.6kg, I want to get to under 110kg and recomp between 100 and 110.

On a mental health note - I think I might have to accept that i'll be on SSRIs for my life (even on a low dose) because I just can't keep a handle on everything through my depressive phases, which usually results in me eating a lot.

I weighed myself at work the other day, and I'm 97kg apparently. I don't really know whether I'm happy with that or not. I don't have any weight goals really.

Numbers aside, it's all about how happy you are with the naked dude in the mirror.

Happy cause I can wear some shirts again that didn't fit the last two years! :D

Still have about 8 kg to get rid of, but I can do it! Slow and steady will do it for me, rather than doing some stupid diet where I will lose lots of weight quickly and then just regain it.

Back day today and I thought to change it up a bit and replace one of my cable exercises with a deadlift.

Oh my god. I deliberately chose a light weight (15kg plate on each end) to try and experiment with. I concentrated on getting my form right and will continue to do so until I feel like i'm doing it right.

My hamstrings now ache

My lower back now ache

It actually felt like I was doing cardio. After only 4 sets (i just stuck with 4) I was panting and sweaty!

Happy cause I can wear some shirts again that didn't fit the last two years! :D

Still have about 8 kg to get rid of, but I can do it! Slow and steady will do it for me, rather than doing some stupid diet where I will lose lots of weight quickly and then just regain it.

I personally think that is the best way of losing weight. Diets are stupid, you're not going to be on a diet for the rest of your life.

I eat sensibly. I haven't cut out the crap I just now eat a lot less of it :)

I personally think that is the best way of losing weight. Diets are stupid, you're not going to be on a diet for the rest of your life.

I eat sensibly. I haven't cut out the crap I just now eat a lot less of it :)

We have cut out most of the crap. I don't really snack much anymore, apart from an occasional treat.

My meals are usually something like this on a weekday:

Two slices of thin wholemeal bread (toasted or not) with butter or jam or something.

Soup for lunch.

1 slice of bread around 3pm (or fruit if we have any).

Dinner is usually chicken with some type of rice of pasta.

Then I do cardio 5 times a week (about 45-50 minutes per session).

Basically I just eat a bit less than I used to, but also less stuff like chocolate etc. Those are occasional treats. :)

Good call :) a diet should never be something you "do", it should be something you change.

I've been a bit lazy the last 6 months but still happy that I took 4 inches off my waist and went from medium to small shirts. I didn't follow some fad I just permanently cut out some things and am more thoughtful about what I eat. When I move house, the weights are going to live in the garage and with the house move process itself out of the way, I'll have no more stress/excuses stopping me from getting back into it.

Edited by Shorty

I woke up with massive DOMS in my legs and back. The DOMS must have been caused by those few sets of deadlifts I did. I don't think I have ever felt it in my back before. Also, am I also supposed to feel it in my legs?

I went on a dinner time run today. I ran 4 miles, well it was basically limping to be honest.

I woke up with massive DOMS in my legs and back. The DOMS must have been caused by those few sets of deadlifts I did. I don't think I have ever felt it in my back before. Also, am I also supposed to feel it in my legs?

I went on a dinner time run today. I ran 4 miles, well it was basically limping to be honest.

Absolutely. One of the unique things about the deadlift is the doms in the lower back. It's not an area that you can target with all that many exercises outside the deadlift so it feels a bit weird.

You're suppose to feel it in your legs for sure, it does work literally every muscle there after all.

Ugh, I feel so weak.

I've been feeling like I need to do weights but I always feel out of place. Anyway, decided to do somethibg about it and did weights. Bloke wanted to suddenly jump in on my bench. I was okay with it. He then starts to say "You should be able to lift this, Big lad like you!". Anyway, they were 80kg but 1. I was tired and 2. He put me off my workout so I couldn't lift it. He then proceeds to say comments like "I'll get my little daughter to spot you next time" and then laughs.

-_-

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!