N-Europe

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Hogge

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordered the Limited Edition on GAME for £38.96 :grin:

Lucky you guys, you have no idea how hard is it to get a game here, unless you want to pay e-shop prices, or double the retail price in Europe (if you want limited editions).

The game looks good, but it is what it is. It's Twilight Princess, rendered in HD with new textures and a better lighting system. It's not a remake which some were expecting

But doesn't it look better and better and comes with better news every time new news come in? That's the impression I get reading neogaf and reviews.

I know it's not going to be what people hoped (especially with empty field), but it seems it will be better than people thought the first time they have seen the trailer?

"Whats new?" - nothing much, basically.

Is this going to be full retail?

That video did a terrible job of explaining what's new. I'm not sure what's happened to Nintendo's trailers lately, they're all so poor these days.

Here's what's actually new

GamePad

- controlling items with the gyro sensor is confirmed

- view the whole map of a dungeon while inside one

- freely move the camera angle with the right stick

- off-TV play

Miiverse stamps

- 50 in total

- consist of Hyrule alphabets and the emotional faces of Link and others

- post directly to Miiverse from in-gam

Hard mode

- world is mirrored

- Link receives twice as much damage

Wolf Link amiibo

- put in a record number of your adventure on the figure

- scan on the title screen and skip save data selection and instantly start the game

- some sort of checkpoint system that lets you jump to different parts of the gam

Ghost Torch

- used on Poes

- allows you to pinpoint their position even during the day

Finally, it's also worth noting that basic action movements like horse riding and swimming are being improved. There's also some areas that are being tweaked in order to make them easier to understand.

I was just having my haircut and was sat thinking about how I'm looking forward to playing this again, but then got thinking how weird it is that we'll have had FOUR Zelda remasters this generation. (2 Wii U, 2 3DS) While I'm part of the problem as I'll have bought them all, it's kinda disappointing that they've had to release these to pad out release schedules, while we're still waiting for a proper Wii U Zelda. It's frustrating where we've got to a stage where there's 5 years between console Zelda releases (2006 TP, 2011 SS, 2016 Zelda U) and they haven't done what they did with Majora's Mask and created a new game out of existing assets to bridge the gap instead of having to rely on these remasters to keep us satisfied.

Still, let's embrace what we've got and celebrate the best music from Twilight Princess :D

I was just having my haircut and was sat thinking about how I'm looking forward to playing this again, but then got thinking how weird it is that we'll have had FOUR Zelda remasters this generation. (2 Wii U, 2 3DS) While I'm part of the problem as I'll have bought them all, it's kinda disappointing that they've had to release these to pad out release schedules, while we're still waiting for a proper Wii U Zelda. It's frustrating where we've got to a stage where there's 5 years between console Zelda releases (2006 TP, 2011 SS, 2016 Zelda U) and they haven't done what they did with Majora's Mask and created a new game out of existing assets to bridge the gap instead of having to rely on these remasters to keep us satisfied.

Still, let's embrace what we've got and celebrate the best music from Twilight Princess :D

True, though taking into account handheld we have had Between Worlds and Tricforce Heroes too. Nintendo said they want to release more games to keep the IP fresh, and if the next console is a hybrid, in effect that means mixing re-releasing/remasters, spin offs and new games could be much better! A zelda game a year :)

It is a bit odd, but characteristic of Nintendo, that you can only play as left handed link in normal mode and right handed link in hero mode. Why not just have either as an option?

The only reason why they have right handed link at all is because they're mirroring the whole game. Mirroring just Link on his own brings about all sorts of potential animation issues and potential glitches, where as mirroring the whole game breaks nothing and is dead easy to do (as simple as an on/off toggle)

And part of Hero Mode's shtick is the mirroring of the game, so making it an ingame toggle that is doable outside of Hero Mode kind of takes away part of the point of it.

Yeah I realised that, about the left/right handed stuff actually being mirrored.

What I was getting at was more that they could have had the option to choose which way around you wanted the game as well as having the hero mode or not option.

They released two versions of the game initially, one mirrored on each side, so why tie it to difficulty?

I can't decide if I am going to get the game or not, but if I did I would want to have hero mode (for the difficulty, as I did for Wind Waker) with left handed link (as I originally played the Wii version so would like to experience the opposite).

I don't see the point that it is somehow a benefit of hero mode - is that mode not enough on its own?

Why are Nintendo so afraid of options in their games? :(

Same as Wind Waker HD. Edit: Actually, apparently they've touched up the environment geometry in places and upped the polygon count there as well. Wind Waker HD didn't get that treatment, so it's even better! :D

Tantalus did a good job! Hope that they and Nintendo have a good, long term relationship from here on out :)

Just wish that it also had the option for Wiimote/chuck controls... Fishing just won't be the same without them :(

Edited by Dcubed

Super Mario Sunshine HD next :grin: I could do with playing through it again :heh:

Lack of analogue triggers makes that very difficult. They'd have to ensure that everyone who owned the Game had either a pro controller or a Gamecube+adapter. This is the main reason why we haven't got many Gamecube remasters.

Lack of analogue triggers makes that very difficult. They'd have to ensure that everyone who owned the Game had either a pro controller or a Gamecube+adapter. This is the main reason why we haven't got many Gamecube remasters.

It would be a GameCube controller or Classic Controller (with Wii Remote).

The Wii U Pro Controller has the same lack of Analogue Triggers as the GamePad.

As much as I love Twilight Princess, this just screams laziness to me; releasing a HD remaster to quickly plug the gap in a barren release schedule.

If anything, they should've done a remake not remaster, we should've got what they showed off the WiiU with. This is a slightly prettier Gamecube game... pure laziness.

I see absolutely no worthwhile reason to get this when I can just stick my Wii game into the WiiU and play that. It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

As much as I love Twilight Princess, this just screams laziness to me; releasing a HD remaster to quickly plug the gap in a barren release schedule.

If anything, they should've done a remake not remaster, we should've got what they showed off the WiiU with. This is a slightly prettier Gamecube game... pure laziness.

I see absolutely no worthwhile reason to get this when I can just stick my Wii game into the WiiU and play that. It just doesn't make sense to me at all.

Laziness? Is the Uncharted Collection pure laziness? Considering that's literally a straight port. Or Halo Master Chief Collection or Borderlands or any of the other million remakes we're getting to plug holes in release calendars.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!