Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Reggie awkwardly showing the WiiU on Jimmy Fallon. They quickly played some Mario 3D world before its release (which included one of them clipping through a chunk of the level) and played a spot of Game&Wario bow and arrow stuff which was... Lacklustre to say the least. I'm glad times have changed though, the Switch demo was a lot better. But damn, Jimmy seems less sober than ever.

Edited by Josh64

I've been looking at the vid again and I'm starting to wonder how rugged it's going to be. I'd say that was a given for Nintendo but the 3DS certainly has changed that reputation with that crappy hinge.

Specifically, I'm anticipating issues with the joypads and where they attach to the screen. The contact area seems pretty small and I'm wondering if a reasonable twist would break them.

Probably just the colour, but the first image kind of looks like the Switch logo.

image.jpg

Not that I believe in any regards it is, just noticed the similarity when watching the video.

More crazy suggestions:

[Tweet]807674409221767168[/tweet]

Edited by Ashley

At this point I can't see how it can fail. We already know pretty much what it is and what it's main "gimmick" is. Whilst for me personally EA not supporting would be a kick in the guts, I'm still getting one. A HD portable console can surely only do 3DS numbers as a minimum.

There may be some annoyances but nothing that's a deal breaker. Battery life might not be great but USB charging means you'll be able to top up the battery pretty much anywhere. It might not have voice chat but Kav aside I can't believe many people would not buy this just for that reason.

can't wait to find out what the launch titles are and what bundles will be available.

The PS4 Pro one was odd because it wasn't a new console demo like we've seen before, it was very much a weird tech thing.

Ah well, still beats 10 minutes in the yarn store ;)

Nope, the yarn store was better thanks to a bit of personality and charm. The PS4 Pro thing was a disaster.

Edited by Ronnie

I think we need to not expect massive third party support at launch.

Throughout the year, there will be significant support, but I think that launch is to be predominantly Nintendo and Nintendo paid for titles

Unfortunately, that may make people discount the Switch as "just another Nintendo machine", so hopefully at the event next month Nintendo outright show all the support they're getting in 2017

At this point I can't see how it can fail. We already know pretty much what it is and what it's main "gimmick" is. Whilst for me personally EA not supporting would be a kick in the guts, I'm still getting one. A HD portable console can surely only do 3DS numbers as a minimum.

There may be some annoyances but nothing that's a deal breaker. Battery life might not be great but USB charging means you'll be able to top up the battery pretty much anywhere. It might not have voice chat but Kav aside I can't believe many people would not buy this just for that reason.

can't wait to find out what the launch titles are and what bundles will be available.

The thing I'd put to you though - would you have said at the same of the WiiU around its launch or seen its poor performance coming back then? It's easy to speculate and get excited and hope it's all going to be ok, but I feel like we've been burned more than once and it's made me rather wary. Don't get me wrong - I'm still rather excited for the system and looking to keep something to hand so I can buy it when it comes if it ticks the right boxes; but I cannot say it's something I'm going to definitely be getting on launch...yet.

The thing I'd put to you though - would you have said at the same of the WiiU around its launch or seen its poor performance coming back then? It's easy to speculate and get excited and hope it's all going to be ok, but I feel like we've been burned more than once and it's made me rather wary. Don't get me wrong - I'm still rather excited for the system and looking to keep something to hand so I can buy it when it comes if it ticks the right boxes; but I cannot say it's something I'm going to definitely be getting on launch...yet.

The buzz around the Switch is 10x what the Wii U had. I remember feeling distinctly underwhelmed by that system, in terms of the games, messaging and the console itself.

I don't recall anyone exclaiming "Day 1!" when the Wii U was first announced.

yep that's a very valid comment. I thought a HD Wii with a tablet controller would fly off the shelves. I still can't quite get my around how it failed so spectacularly.

The buzz around the Switch is 10x what the Wii U had. I remember feeling distinctly underwhelmed by that system, in terms of the games, messaging and the console itself.

I don't recall anyone exclaiming "Day 1!" when the Wii U was first announced.

I did... but then again I was missold it after all; Reggie saying it's online would be on par with the other consoles, Iwata saying there'd be no droughts, them saying they were going to add multiple gamepad functionality to the console.