NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

One thing I do like about the Switch is that you've effectively got 2 controllers out of the box for some games.

If I hear anyone call the switch a pure gaming machine over PS4 and Xbox one I will slap them. The measurements for a games machine is the games. Pure gaming machine slogans are pointless if you do not back it up with games.

You mean 9 first party published games released in the first 10 months of a console's life? ;)

You mean 9 first party published games released in the first 10 months of a console's life? ;)

"first party" is no longer a guarantee of quality to me. To be honest when you say "the first 10 months" you're only further undermining the argument, because realistically, from a consumer's perspective that is an incredibly long time. You're talking some of those games not being available until after Christmas, and suggesting it's a good start on that basis? Any one of those could be pushed back a long way, or simply be very underwhelming.

A dozen good games from any source in the first couple of months would vastly outweigh that for me.

I really love the look of this little machine, and its potential. I have one pre-ordered and when it arrives, I'll have it alongside owning every other Nintendo console. But... I've only got it because of Zelda. And I won't be suckered by them for much longer. If something like a proper Metroid game isn't announced at E3, I'll probably sell it (and by then, still only have the Switch and Zelda) and that may be when I give up on Nintendo for good.

Zelda, Splatoon 2, Arms, MK8 Deluxe, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey all in the space of ten months sounds pretty good to me from a first party perspective. They'll all be great to amazing. That's also not including any unannounced games yet to be revealed, of which there will be at E3.

Well now, how about some good news about a good game (or two, technically!)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342046

Puyo Puyo Tetris comes out April 28th in Europe! (And there's a snazzy new trailer below)

Still can't believe that we're finally getting it! And on Switch no less! :D

I almost imported it last year. Giant Bomb were big fans of it and it looked a lot of fun.

I almost imported it last year. Giant Bomb were big fans of it and it looked a lot of fun.

Same. I've played the PS3 demo and it's a ton of fun. Been looking to get it on import for a long time but the import prices are still crazy, even 5-6 years on!

Couldn't think of a more ideal console for it though than Switch. Everything surrounding this game's localisation is just crazy and a downright miracle! Can't wait to finally get it! Been waiting a long time! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Puyo Puyo Tetris comes out April 28th in Europe! (And there's a snazzy new trailer below)

Yep, I'm really happy about this! :D

In fact, I was so happy to see the pre-order options for physical versions on Switch and PS4 on ShopTo today that I pre-ordered BOTH in the end. ;)

But then I would have bought this at £50 nevermind debating buying it at just over £30 so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise. :heh:

So if anyone wants to challenge me online on either version when the time comes then just say the word. :awesome:

How many first party games did the PS4 or Xbone have out in their first 10 months?

Exactly. Switch is da best.

Has anyone got any Switch carry cases ordered? I'm looking for one to get for sure but would like a good browse first.

Oh he'll yeah! I love both of these games. 4 player tetras on N64 wereally some of my favourite gaming moments. Before I get too excited at possibilities is this online?

Well now, how about some good news about a good game (or two, technically!)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342046

Looks great, I'll get it on switch. But I'ms till part staggered, part utterly disgusted that this is £10 more than the PS4 version... can anyone give a good reason other than fucking over Nintendo players. For a change?! On shopto the switch version is £13 more expensive!!!! For no fucking reason.

Also, does this have straight versions of each game or is it always mixed?

Oh he'll yeah! I love both of these games. 4 player tetras on N64 wereally some of my favourite gaming moments. Before I get too excited at possibilities is this online?

Yep! Certainly is.

Yes it is. All versions of it support online play.

Looks great, I'll get it on switch. But I'ms till part staggered, part utterly disgusted that this is £10 more than the PS4 version... can anyone give a good reason other than fucking over Nintendo players. For a change?! On shopto the switch version is £13 more expensive!!!! For no fucking reason.

Probably because of the extra cost associated with printing a Switch Game Card VS a disc. The digital version on Switch is actually cheaper in the US and is the same price as the PS4 physical version (there is no digital PS4 version due to licensing issues with Ubisoft).

Also, does this have straight versions of each game or is it always mixed?

Yes you can play them as individual games if you want.

Edited by Dcubed

It'll depend on the pricing for me. I probably would prefer to get it digitally on the Switch as its a game I expect I'd play more handheld if I had the choice but if Nintendo are charging too much for it on their store then I'll just have to get it elsewhere.

Am I missing something here? Why are people willing to pay so much for another version of Tetris?!

Am I missing something here? Why are people willing to pay so much for another version of Tetris?!

Because it's Puyo Puyo Tetris! :cool:

It's two of the greatest puzzle games in one plus so much more. :smile:

You could even say that it's a Puzzle-Fusion game in the way it combines the best elements from both series from the looks of it.

In any case, I haven't really, properly played a new title in the series since Puyo Pop Fever on the GameCube so this is a more than welcome addition. :)

If I hear anyone call the switch a pure gaming machine over PS4 and Xbox one I will slap them. The measurements for a games machine is the games. Pure gaming machine slogans are pointless if you do not back it up with games.

Who called it a pure gaming machine over those consoles?:confused:

You seem vehemently opposed to Nintendo's practices... I presume you won't be buying a Switch?

You seem vehemently opposed to Nintendo's practices... I presume you won't be buying a Switch?

In fairness he said "if anyone calls it..." which suggests nobody is at present.

In fairness he said "if anyone calls it..." which suggests nobody is at present.

I've noticed that most of your "in fairness" /"to be fair" responses are usually used as a (mostly impartial) protective mechanism for select viewpoints... I'm sure the member can speak for himself.

I've noticed that most of your "in fairness" /"to be fair" responses are usually used as a (mostly impartial) protective mechanism for select viewpoints... I'm sure the member can speak for himself.

Sometimes I find that people become so wrapped up in their own views or are made to 'defend' views that it leads to misunderstandings or an unnecessary spiralling so I try and see things from different perspectives and, as an admin, try and help facilitate conversation and (hopefully) improve cohesion amongst members. People can of course speak for themselves and I never intend to make it seem like they can't or shouldn't.

But thanks for criticising my attempt to help I guess ::shrug:

And in this particular case, his message was quite clear and you critiqued it for something it wasn't in a seeming attempt to have a go. I was trying to help balance the conversation and politely show what had been said, rather than what you had inferred been said.

Sometimes I find that people become so wrapped up in their own views or are made to 'defend' views that it leads to misunderstandings or an unnecessary spiralling so I try and see things from different perspectives and, as an admin, try and help facilitate conversation and (hopefully) improve cohesion amongst members. People can of course speak for themselves and I never intend to make it seem like they can't or shouldn't.

But thanks for criticising my attempt to help I guess ::shrug:

And in this particular case, his message was quite clear and you critiqued it for something it wasn't in a seeming attempt to have a go. I was trying to help balance the conversation and politely show what had been said, rather than what you had inferred been said.

Ashley, apologies if you are seeking to create balance - sorry if I came off harsh.

@khilafah 's message came after the conversation about Switch not having a browser and other additionals. I called it a 'pure gaming machine' - his message got some praise and was related, so I responded. Not trying to have a go, trying to find clarity.

But with regards to inferring, I appreciate you're the Moderator, but Im sure we're mostly adult and accustomed enough to question viewpoints without interjection. Least of all myself - I'm one of the least trollsome and balanced IMHO.

Edited by King_V

I have it on pre order just like all other Nintendo consoles. I always buy them.

Some Nintendo practises suck yes just like some Sony and MS practises do. None are perfect.

I never accused anyone of calling it a pure gaming machine over other consoles.

Just made a point that if anyone does they are getting a slap. Lol

Edited by khilafah

I have it on pre order just like all other Nintendo consoles. I always buy them.

Some Nintendo practises suck yes just like some Sony and MS practises do. None are perfect.

Cool. Im curious to know what has attracted you to preorder - and yes, its because most of your posts I see seem to tinge on the side of dislike or constant critique of Nintendo. Im just curious and not trying to stealth assault you!