NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

...that's a point, how do you even play a modern racing sim without analogue input?

...that's a point, how do you even play a modern racing sim without analogue input?

Yep there is that. Which makes the decision to not go with analogue triggers pretty damn ridiculous.

Makes you wonder what the plan was for Project Cars on Wii U then without analogue triggers there as well.

I've mentioned it before but the right analogue stick could be used if necessary..

It's obviously not ideal but at least it's an option :smile:

Well, no FFXV either apparently.

Which makes it highly likely the FF7 Remake won't be on Switch so I'll be forced to buy a PS4 for it...

Edited by King_V

Which makes it highly likely the FF7 Remake won't be on Switch so I'll be forced to buy a PS4 for it...

FF7 Remake shouldn't be anymore taxing on the system than DQ11 should it?

I'm just more than happy that they're focusing on what the need to, which is the games.

If they decide to release extra media software months down the line, then so be it, I'd be happy with that as an optional extra. :)

Giving people the choice is obviously good, so long as it doesn't impact on Nintendo too much then by all means, they should put all the media apps on there, equally if there really is that much of a backlash about there being none available then they will likely choose to do so as it would be a good business move. ::shrug:

Just keep the games coming at all costs though as that will always be the main priority and so it should be, especially as we've had gaming droughts with previous consoles.

You can't please everyone but if Nintendo can end up pleasing say an extra fifteen percent of their potential market (random percentage for arguments sake) by chucking on a few media players and a web-browser at minimal cost then so be it. : peace:

Just don't put too much focus on it, keep it a low-key secondary or even tertiary selling-point and all will be well.

In the same boat mate. I just want Nintendo to be true to what they have been saying with regards to releasing a constant slew of games. Its the key to success IMO:

More compelling first party titles (with a greater attachment rate due to a more fulfilling online culture) = more sales = attraction to third parties as a viable source of income.

Not really sure if this has any bearing on FF7 remake. All we know so far is that it is a timed exclusive on PS4.

Isn't the DQ series rocking that chibi Dragonball Z style? Im sure Square will be aiming for nothing but top-notch specs when it comes to FF7.

Not really sure if this has any bearing on FF7 remake. All we know so far is that it is a timed exclusive on PS4.

Im just looking at it from a technical perspective.

Whether or not you already have nineteen devices that run Netflix isn't really the point. It should be on there so that people are more likely to consider it instead of spending their money on a new tablet or whatever.

I doubt people in the tablet/mobile device market will be looking to a 720p £280 gaming device to meet these needs.

I understand the perks of additional capabilities, but I think the nineteen devices running Netflix is the strongest point as its no longer a unique selling point to have this playback.

Saying that I can easily see an update bringing these features in similarly to the BBC iPlayer channel on Wii etc.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

It's not really that shocking considering that the N64, GC, Wii and WiiU didn't have any mainline FF games. Nothing has changed recently that will suddenly bring the series back. You were always going to need another console to play Final Fantasy, just like you'll need another console to play the likes of GTA.

It's not really that shocking considering that the N64, GC, Wii and WiiU didn't have any mainline FF games. Nothing has changed recently that will suddenly bring the series back. You were always going to need another console to play Final Fantasy, just like you'll need another console to play the likes of GTA.

True, but with the inclusion of Cloud in Smash, there was a glimmer of hope and suggested a closer relationship between Nintendo and SE.

I doubt people in the tablet/mobile device market will be looking to a 720p £280 gaming device to meet these needs.

I understand the perks of additional capabilities, but I think the nineteen devices running Netflix is the strongest point as its no longer a unique selling point to have this playback.

Saying that I can easily see an update bringing these features in similarly to the BBC iPlayer channel on Wii etc.

I'm a people. Tablets on the market fall short for me and just plain don't interest me, I find android a pain in the ass and apple products are overpriced.

Right now, in my current situation, I can't justify spending £300 on a gaming device. £300 on a gaming device AND a tablet... that makes it, in my mind, £140 tablet and a £160 gaming device... which I could justify. I'd be after it and Zelda switch at launch.

But £220 for Zelda and a switch. Not so interesting.

The browser etc isn't a usp, but it would have increased the usefulness and therefore the value of the switch.

Right now Nintendo don't seem to need a browser to sell 1 more switch to me though so.. good for them.

True, but with the inclusion of Cloud in Smash, there was a glimmer of hope and suggested a closer relationship between Nintendo and SE.

Dunno about that. I tried to warn people not to get ahead of themselves when seeing ryu and cloud in smash.

When has the relationship been bad between SE and Nintendo though. I mean they supported the DS and 3DS.

Maybe it is just a technical thing with the Wii, Wii U and now switch.

Dunno about that. I tried to warn people not to get ahead of themselves when seeing ryu and cloud in smash.

Though with Ryu, there is an exclusive Street Fighter coming to Switch...:blush:

That wasn't really an indication of anything. Cloud is an iconic gaming character and Smash is an iconic series. If you're going to allow characters such as Sonic and Solid Snake, why stop there?

That wasn't really an indication of anything. Cloud is an iconic gaming character and Smash is an iconic series. If you're going to allow characters such as Sonic and Solid Snake, why stop there?

Well all of the aforementioned characters have had a presence on Nintendo home consoles, barring Cloud. There was space to hope.

Though with Ryu, there is an exclusive Street Fighter coming to Switch...:blush:

Let's not go there.. :indeed:

I've mentioned it before but the right analogue stick could be used if necessary..

It's obviously not ideal but at least it's an option :smile:

You need one for brake as well??

Missing the point... if I don't have a tablet but I want one, and I don't have a Switch but I like the idea of it, it's going to help my decision. Makes sense? And Netflix is just one example, the more things it can do, the more it sways people. Not everyone is priveleged to have four devices that run apps already, and people will often suit something that fulfills as many needs as possible.

Missing the point... if I don't have a tablet but I want one, and I don't have a Switch but I like the idea of it, it's going to help my decision. Makes sense? And Netflix is just one example, the more things it can do, the more it sways people. Not everyone is priveleged to have four devices that run apps already, and people will often suit something that fulfills as many needs as possible.

This is why the argument that other devices have the option doesn't make sense. Not everyone has that. I know my son would prefer to have YouTube, Netflix etc on a switch rather than having to juggle between switch and his tablet.

If it can't do FFXV I see no reason why it will do the VII remake. VII remake is coming out later than XV so it'll be at the very least just as graphically impressive as XV.

Just had an email from Amazon confirming my Switch preorder for release day delivery.

Could that possibly mean... They have them in their stockrooms?

Could that possibly mean... They have them in their stockrooms?

My pre-order was originally an estimated 7th March but I've also had an email to confirm release day.

It's hard to judge what this means - have Nintendo increased the allocations? Are people cancelling pre-orders? Are there too few pre-orders in the first place?

We'll find out in a few months time.

I've played a few racing games in the past where you tilt the right stick up to accelerate and down to brake.. and since there's no reason to press both at the same time, it seems like a reasonable solution :smile: