NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Cool. Im curious to know what has attracted you to preorder - and yes, its because most of your posts I see seem to tinge on the side of dislike or constant critique of Nintendo. Im just curious and not trying to stealth assault you!

Nah it's cool. Nintendo just frustrate me dude. With everything brilliant they do with game development it's the other stuff which annoys me. I love Nintendo games!

The switch hardware I love and I am real excited to be able to play Zelda on the go in portable mode.

Gonna be amazing.

Nah it's cool. Nintendo just frustrate me dude. With everything brilliant they do with game development it's the other stuff which annoys me. I love Nintendo games!

The switch hardware I love and I am real excited to be able to play Zelda on the go in portable mode.

Gonna be amazing.

Great to hear and of course I emphasise with the frustrations too. But the Switch hype has me feeling differently....:yay:

@Ashley - see, we cool.

Yes it is. All versions of it support online play.

Probably because of the extra cost associated with printing a Switch Game Card VS a disc. The digital version on Switch is actually cheaper in the US and is the same price as the PS4 physical version (there is no digital PS4 version due to licensing issues with Ubisoft).

Yes you can play them as individual games if you want.

That doesn't make sense, the cost is minimal, and 3ds games were always much cheaper than console games. It's just fucking us over. And the us digital reduction is amazing, but is it true that doesn't apply in eu or U.K.? Again, getting fucked over for no reason. The whole thing is really souring it for me. It's irritttating me probably far more than it should.

Great news on being able to play each game on its own though.

Has anyone got any Switch carry cases ordered? I'm looking for one to get for sure but would like a good browse first.

Check out PlayAsia, they got some nice Japan only carry cases for reasonable prices

http://www.play-asia.com/eva-pouch-for-nintendo-switch-red/13/70avz1

I quite like this one that forgoes length for depth;

eva-pouch-for-nintendo-switch-red-507997.3.jpg?ok8bad

eva-pouch-for-nintendo-switch-red-507997.2.jpg?ok2mm3

Edit: On other news, I've decided to get a Japanese Switch. If the OS language can't be changed to English, so be it. As long as I can use my UK eShop, which I know I can, then that's all that matters. Getting more excited now, that it's a March buy, not an August one for me.

Edited by londragon

So if the Switch doesn't have a browser then what do you do when you are connecting to wifi that requires you to confirm it through a browser before you can use it?

So if the Switch doesn't have a browser then what do you do when you are connecting to wifi that requires you to confirm it through a browser before you can use it?

Good point. Many WiFi Hotspots require just that.

Check out PlayAsia, they got some nice Japan only carry cases for reasonable prices

http://www.play-asia.com/eva-pouch-for-nintendo-switch-red/13/70avz1

I quite like this one that forgoes length for depth;

eva-pouch-for-nintendo-switch-red-507997.3.jpg?ok8bad

eva-pouch-for-nintendo-switch-red-507997.2.jpg?ok2mm3

Edit: On other news, I've decided to get a Japanese Switch. If the OS language can't be changed to English, so be it. As long as I can use my UK eShop, which I know I can, then that's all that matters. Getting more excited now, that it's a March buy, not an August one for me.

Did we get 100% confirmation you can switch accounts for access to different regional shops. I know it was suggested to be the case.

Pure gaming, obviously.

Did we get 100% confirmation you can switch accounts for access to different regional shops. I know it was suggested to be the case.

Yes, a couple of weeks after the Switch presentation, a Kotaku USA interview with a Nintendo PR rep stated that “The Nintendo Switch system is not region locked, but we recommend that players buy games within their region to ensure full service and support. The user will access the Nintendo eShop that corresponds to the country identified in their Nintendo Account. (Up to eight user accounts can be created on a single Nintendo Switch system.)” said Nintendo’s PR rep."

here

So, you could create multiple accounts, one for each region, to take advantage of cheaper pricing and unlocalised games.

Also, this just happened to the US eShop; now accepts non-US credit cards.

https://www.back2gaming.com/news/nintendo-us-eshop-now-accepts-non-us-credit-cards/

That doesn't make sense, the cost is minimal, and 3ds games were always much cheaper than console games. It's just fucking us over. And the us digital reduction is amazing, but is it true that doesn't apply in eu or U.K.? Again, getting fucked over for no reason. The whole thing is really souring it for me. It's irritttating me probably far more than it should.

Great news on being able to play each game on its own though.

I presumed it might be some behind the scenes deal - is it just coming to PS4 and Switch but not XBone? Wondered if maybe they promised it to PS4 first and then got tied into charging more for Switch to not undermine it. Pure speculation on my part though mind.

The original DS used to just work with a number of hotspots when Nintendo did their partnership thingy with them(I know it worked in wetherspoons at least) for the wifi zone without needing to do the browser sign-in - I'd wonder/hope they're considering something similar again.

EDIT: Also - the app might totally take care of that side of things for you - so you'd be signing in on your smartphone etc.

Yes, a couple of weeks after the Switch presentation, a Kotaku USA interview with a Nintendo PR rep stated that “The Nintendo Switch system is not region locked, but we recommend that players buy games within their region to ensure full service and support. The user will access the Nintendo eShop that corresponds to the country identified in their Nintendo Account. (Up to eight user accounts can be created on a single Nintendo Switch system.)” said Nintendo’s PR rep."

here

So, you could create multiple accounts, one for each region, to take advantage of cheaper pricing and unlocalised games.

Also, this just happened to the US eShop; now accepts non-US credit cards.

https://www.back2gaming.com/news/nintendo-us-eshop-now-accepts-non-us-credit-cards/

Great!!!

I'm hoping you can have one senior account which can access all the titles no matter which account they were purchased on like you can do on Playstation and xb1 as all friends will be on that particular account.

Also want achievements gained on one account...... Oh wait still no confirmation on achievement/trophies :sad:

Well now, how about some good news about a good game (or two, technically!)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1342046

Puyo Puyo Tetris comes out April 28th in Europe! (And there's a snazzy new trailer below)

Still can't believe that we're finally getting it! And on Switch no less! :D

I wasn't interested in this, but now I think it will be great to play with my wife.

definite n-Europe 4 player mash up nights on the cards with this Puyotetris game. Just gutted this won't be out in time for my Ski trip. I will be basically recreating the Switch reveal for this trip. Bit of Switch at the airport, then on tablet mode on the plane, 2 hours on the mini bus in handheld mode. I'm even contemplating putting in my rucksack and having some Zelda on the slopes with a cold beer and bowl of soup. With 8 hours in the air and 4+ hours in a mini bus I should have Zelda nearly completed by the time I get back so at least I'll get a good trade in price.

Stock's trickling back in for this machine. Is Amazon, or anyone else, more likely to get you a device on release day than Nintendo? Thinking of switching (that's gonna get old soon) my order.

Thinking of switching (that's gonna get old soon) my order.

You're too late. That joke is already old.

I mean, it got old the day the name got announced. Such an obvious and easy joke.

Oh.

I see this is the no fun allowed thread.

My mistake.

Now I feel bad.

At this point, most people would use an emoticon, but I don't do emoticons.

Personally I'd put one down with Amazon if they have stock - can't say 100% why but I've always found them both big and reliable. If was getting/wanting one in 3 weeks I'd go for them.

I'm a big fan of Amazon myself already, and I'm getting the game from there (although if there was a better price available, there are plenty of places I'd prefer to that and get faster pre-order delivery from, like simplygames, tesco, shopto) but I have little experience of Nintendo for release date delivery. Actually... that might not be true. I think I got my New 3DS XL from there, maybe I should scour this very forum to remind myself whether that arrived in good time :D

Great!!!

I'm hoping you can have one senior account which can access all the titles no matter which account they were purchased on like you can do on Playstation and xb1 as all friends will be on that particular account.

Also want achievements gained on one account...... Oh wait still no confirmation on achievement/trophies :sad:

That does happen on the Wii U at present, well it's more that all downloaded software is usable with all users, so let's keep our fingers crossed that Nintendo don't feel the need to change it.

Edited by londragon

I haven't seen any indication of GAME receiving more stock of the neon version so I still don't know if I'll be joining in on the fun on launch day or waiting an indefinite amount of time..

22 days is insanely close :eek:

I'd be very surprised if Nintendo don't do My Nintendo achievements with Switch games

I haven't seen any indication of GAME receiving more stock of the neon version so I still don't know if I'll be joining in on the fun on launch day or waiting an indefinite amount of time..

22 Days To Switch! :eek:

You said it!

It can't be 22 days yet. @King_V hasn't said so.

Bwahaha - @nekunando unwittingly took the baton.