NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I have a horrible feeling Nintendo won't show the OS in action before release.

Yes the game is just a few quid more expensive at retail, there is no subscription service.

So people who buy more games and therefore use the online system more, will pay more towards it.

That doesn't necessarily follow though.

If I bought MK8, SSB4, splatoon and each had £5 on it to cover online. I play for 20 hours on each game. £15 60 hours

Or if I bought splatoon, paid £5 and played it for 60 hours... £5 for 60 hours....

so do they adjust to £1.5 for the three game player.... or to £15 top up to cover the 1 game player....

Edited by Pestneb

q8PfW5.jpg

Not sure how reliable that is really given you can have the following variations for searching for the Wii U:

preorder Nintendo Wii U

preorder Wii U

preorder Nintendo WiiU

preorder WiiU

pre-order Nintendo Wii U

pre-order Wii U

pre-order Nintendo WiiU

pre-order WiiU

pre order Nintendo Wii U

pre order Wii U

pre order Nintendo WiiU

pre order WiiU

Not sure how reliable that is really given you can have the following variations for searching for the Wii U:

preorder Nintendo Wii U

preorder Wii U

preorder Nintendo WiiU

preorder WiiU

pre-order Nintendo Wii U

pre-order Wii U

pre-order Nintendo WiiU

pre-order WiiU

pre order Nintendo Wii U

pre order Wii U

pre order Nintendo WiiU

pre order WiiU

variations on Wii U fair enough, but the wording of pre-order is equally true of the switch.

Why don't you check the 3 variations not checked?

preorder Nintendo Wii U

preorder Wii U

preorder Nintendo WiiU

preorder WiiU

pre-order Nintendo Wii U

pre-order Wii U

pre-order Nintendo WiiU

pre-order WiiU

pre order Nintendo Wii U

pre order Wii U

pre order Nintendo WiiU

pre order WiiU

True although I remember there being very little buzz about the wii u. There was no hype at all.

variations on Wii U fair enough, but the wording of pre-order is equally true of the switch.

Why don't you check the 3 variations not checked?

Oh yeah obviously you'd need the same variations with Switch (and with and without "Nintendo").

And I don't check because it was Ronnie's point not mine and I'm busy with work :heh:

Are the Joycons getting condoms like the Wiimotes?

Well, the name's basically set in stone:

Joycondoms.

Bundle them with real condoms (also named Joycondoms) and boom, best marketing ever.

"You can now be safe while playing" (the portable aspect comes into play here, too...you know...video gaming while having sex...I want to see that ad)

"Don't want to share your Switch with kids? Get your Joycondoms today."

1iwvuw.jpg

Edit: And don't forget the possibilities with that masturbation game 1-2 Switch...

Going to call Nintendo now!

Edited by drahkon

It was never meant to be 100% accurate, watertight and infallible, just to give a general indicator. But ok...

AErX4U.png

XOpSMC.png

Yeah but an accessory is never gonna generate as much hype as a console release! Put Wii U Pre Order up against Wii Wheel Pre Order and see how that looks.

It was never meant to be 100% accurate, watertight and infallible, just to give a general indicator. But ok...

Well then frame that with some context rather than just posting an image ;)

It's facile anyway. As I pointed out there's variations in spelling, but also people may just search the console name rather than explicitly searching for pre-order.

It's a metric, but in isolation it means diddly.

Well then frame that with some context rather than just posting an image ;)

It's facile anyway. As I pointed out there's variations in spelling, but also people may just search the console name rather than explicitly searching for pre-order.

It's a metric, but in isolation it means diddly.

I think you're overthinking things. It's a brief little indicator of search engine interest compared to their last console, that's all. Yes there's margin for error, but in general interest in Switch is many times more than interest in Wii U at the time.

I think you're overthinking things. It's a brief little indicator of search engine interest compared to their last console, that's all. Yes there's margin for error, but in general interest in Switch is many times more than interest in Wii U at the time.

Well again if you just post a screenshot without context you can't blame people for making context.

Stop being so Nintendo and use your words :heh:

Sorry to break up all this flirting but just thought i'd post to say myself and @Mike1988uk are off to the Manchester Switch event at 12:30 on the Friday!

Excited!

I was tempted to go to the Birmingham one but I figured there wasn't much point as I've got it preordered regardless so why ruin the surprise.

I pondered this as it is so close now. But it's more to try out games that I'm on the fence with (Arms, snipper clips etc) so I can at least give them a proper hands on before I decide to get them or not when they're out.

See I'm not planning on buying a Switch on launch, so thought I'll go along and try it out!

I think I might avoid Zelda though as I'll be playing that on Wii U just 5 days later!

I think I might avoid Zelda though as I'll be playing that on Wii U just 5 days later!

Good move, because when you start it on the Wii U you don't want to then realise what an awful mistake you've made skipping the Switch at launch

:p