NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Indies don't sell a system but it's all good. More games the better.

Indies obviously feel there is a market and Nintendo gamers buy indie games.

Yeah, I personally (sadly) haven't bought any Indie games on the Wii U but feel more willing to do so on the Switch as it feels like a traditional handheld experience.

However, it can now do with the meatier, traditional games.

Yeah if indies sold consoles the Vita would be in a lot better position :heh:. Hopefully it helps keep the console afloat though.

will not consider until they find ways to solve the issues surrounding comfort and the anti-social nature of it

I've found VR the most social gaming hardware since the Gamecube. I've had people over almost weekly for VR gaming sessions - taking turns or playing local multiplayer titles. That also solves the comfort issue for most people as we swap every 30 minutes or so. Though once you get acclimatised to VR most people can play for hours at a time anyway.

But I don't see them be able to utilise VR with the current Switch. Not only is the screen too low a resolution, the device simply isn't powerful enough. The regular PS4 can barely manage.

Don't get me wrong I'd love some Nintendo VR titles. There's a short VR platformer level in the Playstation Playroom VR. It's like Mario 64 in VR - very cool.

I'm going to order a pouch, but I realized I probably won't take it with me for the first few months. Zelda isn't suitable for me to take with me for short sessions on the go, Shovel knight would be perfect if it weren't for the lackign D-pad. Taking the pro controller defeats the purpose of it being portable, plus it would need its own pouch or something. I know why they removed the D-pad, but it's a huge mistake in my opinion, bigger than removing the analogue triggers. They shouldn't have designed the joy-cons to be used as two mini controllers, they look extremely uncomfortable as mini controllers.

Anyway, If we're going to get old games, X-com 2 is actually one I'd like to see. Graphically not high demanding, it's already optimized for touchscreen controls I believe, and it would be excellent for short sessions on the go. Would definitely consider double dipping in this case, and I rarely do.

With motion controls brought back though, what I'd really like to see in Zack & Wiki 2 Imagine the possibilities with 2 joy-cons with better motion controls than a wii remote, and HD rumble. I'm salivating at the thought. Would kickstart.

I have some other ideas I'd like to see, but they require drawings / mockups.

Very good price for online. Basically £2 or less a month.

A powerful handheld like the Switch for 1st party Nintendo games, a few 3rd party exclusives and a ton of quality indie games? Yes please.

Fast RMX update...

- Almost doubles the content in FAST Racing Neo

- Added a lot of new visual effects

- Many general improvements

- Rebuilt from the ground up

- Customize controls, event in multiplayer

- 1080p, 60 fps when docked, even when in 4-player multiplayer

- 8-player online and local multiplayer

- All control option supported

- All players need a copy of the game for local multiplayer

- HD Rumble supported, feel the position of which another racer hit you or you hit something

- No specific plans for DLC right now

The HD Rumble thing sounds great if it works well, could be a perfect fit for racing games.

Edited by Ronnie

I'm deciding what sd card I'm going to get.. Can any Wii U owners tell me how much GB they're using on dlc and downloadable games and savegames?

(Pause at 0:04 and have a look what book he's reading)

ha that's pretty good:

McV5Ipy.pngIt

It makes the Wii U ads seem even worse than I remember...

I remember in the original Wii U thread we knew when the first time the ad was going to air before hand and for some reason it aired really late at night, like past midnight or something on More4 ...and then I never saw it again. By January the ad was removed by the advertising standards authority:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-16-moderately-misleading-wii-u-ad-removed

I hope in a year or so we start to hear some of the back story of what was going on at Nintendo during the Wii U's production. There is so much about the past 4 years of Nintendo that has confused me.

Edited by Helmsly

That VR quote sounds like a mistranslation to me. I get the feeling that it's meant to say that VR is something Nintendo is looking at, but will not consider until they find ways to solve the issues surrounding comfort and the anti-social nature of it (basically the same thing as what they said before a couple of months back); not that they actually currently have plans to actually incorporate it into Switch.

As always, I advise waiting until the official translation of the investors' Q&A comes out in a few days.

Same here. Nintendo is "studying" VR. Once they pass the final exam, they will get into VR.

Switch VR seems, looking at the Switch's specs, impossible [for Switch].

Let Playstation and Microsoft work out the kinks.

Jackbox GamesVerified account

@Jackboxgames

We're excited to announce that The Jackbox Party Pack 3 is coming soon to Nintendo Switch™!

C3m7OsXWMAEMcp8.jpg

Oh that's great news! Jackbox is absolutely PERFECT for Switch!

Hopefully we'll get the earlier games re-released for it as well!

Kimishima quoted as saying he expects the switch to sell as much as the wii.

Why say such a thing.

That subscription is about 25 quid too much.

I'm a little saddened that gamers just about rolled over and accepted Microsoft's pay-to-play scheme. And then when Sony followed suit, the same thing happened again.

And now it's going to happen with Ninty, I can just feel it.

I'm a little saddened that gamers just about rolled over and accepted Microsoft's pay-to-play scheme. And then when Sony followed suit, the same thing happened again.

Kinda leaves people no choice when it's pay or don't play.

This bullshit is killing the industry to a point gaming is only for a selected few. Would hate to see Nintendo go down along that road, but if they do, i turn my back to modern gaming and go full blown retro.

Kinda leaves people no choice when it's pay or don't play.

That doesn't make it OK. It's just a greedy scheme that has now become the norm in console gaming because people just "had no choice".

They totally had a choice, they could have called Microsoft out on it's crap and not throw money at them.

This is why PC gaming is winning, guys! All you who are saying stuff along the lines of "That sounds like a good price" need a good slap!

Anyone up for doing a 30-day countdown to Switch?

Go on then I'll start...

29 Days to Switch!

I got you brahs(I think);

Time to Switch : [countdown=03/03/2017 0:00 AM; Switch is here!!!]Countdown:[/countdown]

(may work in a sig, never tried, but don't say I never encourage the hype if it does ;) )

I got you brahs(I think);

Time to Switch : [countdown=03/03/2017 0:00 AM; Switch is here!!!]Countdown:[/countdown]

(may work in a sig, never tried, but don't say I never encourage the hype if it does ;) )

Excellent!

Of course it will, what's the alternative for those that want to play Ninty games online?

That being said, it does mean that we're getting online play for Virtual Console. That does soften the blow at least.

I don't know if I'll bother though, I really don't play online very often (except for the MK League and the occasional game).

Third parties not had Devkits for long.

Yasuda was in attendance at Nintendo’s Corporate Management Policy Briefing, and relayed a comment from Shigeru Miyamoto. Miyamoto said that games developed with PC as a base can be ported to Switch in about a year. The report also adds that the console was revealed to third-parties last summer. It’s thought that we could therefore see major multiplatform titles starting from the fall season

http://nintendoeverything.com/miyamoto-games-made-with-pc-as-a-base-can-be-ported-to-switch-in-about-a-year/

What is going on here. Nintendo actually has a marketing plan.

There's no bigger stage in the U.S. on which to showcase the platform. I think it speaks to our confidence in the system," says Nintendo marketing honcho Nick Chavez when asked why the company picked the Super Bowl, where the New York Times reports the average cost of a 30-second spot this year rose to $5 million.

"Think about your 40- to 45-year-old parent who has really fond memories of playing Zelda growing up, sitting there watching Super Bowl with their 10- or 12-year-old child who maybe hasn't experienced Zelda yet," says Chavez. There you go.

What's more, Chavez says the "a day in the life" framing of the 30 second spot (notice the player never leaves his abode) came from feedback after Nintendo aired its first look videos in October: "We heard from U.S. gamers that they were tremendously excited about the proposition [of Switch], and that they couldn't wait to experience the power of a home console portably within their own homes. Not only inside the home and outside, but just moving from room to room."

Chavez says Nintendo shared that feedback with the company's counterparts in Japan, culminating in the Super Bowl ad (look for it to air during the game's fourth quarter), where the player carries the experience seamlessly from bed to breakfast to couch.

Expect the marketing barrage to continue even after the Super Bowl. "This isn't just a six to eight week launch campaign," says Chavez, referring to the Switch's hands-on reveal in early January through to its launch on March 3. "This is really a 15 month campaign for us, to say nothing of our plans for 2018. You're going to see a number of other touch points, including additional 30 or 60 second executions in the coming weeks that emphasize the full proposition, meaning those multiple demographics, including kids, teenagers, young adults, parents, active gamers, casual gamers and so forth."

http://time.com/4653672/nintendo-swi...wl-commercial/

Edited by liger05

This bullshit is killing the industry to a point gaming is only for a selected few. Would hate to see Nintendo go down along that road, but if they do, i turn my back to modern gaming and go full blown retro.

Online servers and infrastructure cost money to implement. You get lots of free games with PS4 and XBO and this Nintendo one is much cheaper with a (online ready) VC game or two thrown in.

Complaining about paying for online is just typical gamer entitlement, wanting and expecting the world for nothing. It's literally less than £2 per month, which is less than half the price of an NES VC game, that you get for free anyway.

Online servers and infrastructure cost money to implement. You get lots of free games with PS4 and XBO and this Nintendo one is much cheaper with a (online ready) VC game or two thrown in.

Complaining about paying for online is just typical gamer entitlement, wanting and expecting the world for nothing. It's literally less than £2 per month, which is less than half the price of an NES VC game, that you get for free anyway.

I dont understand any argument you just posted. We will not agree in any way whatsoever.

Edit: regarding this subject.

Edited by Naar

I dont understand any argument you just posted. We will not agree in any way whatsoever.

Edit: regarding this subject.

You can't understand that servers and online infrastructure cost Nintendo money to implement?

You can't understand that servers and online infrastructure cost Nintendo money to implement?
No, i cant.