NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I'd rather not pay an upgrade fee, but if they're putting the work in with improved emulators is it such a bad thing? Free is always preferable but couple of quid to upgrade to the latest version, that's not too bad - lets face it, it could be much, much worse.

I don't see much evidence suggesting they've learned "lots of things" and that they've "listened to fans about a great many things" ::shrug:

They learnt about HD development about a year into the Wii U's life and listening and responding are two different things.

:D:bouncy::D

I'd rather not pay an upgrade fee, but if they're putting the work in with improved emulators is it such a bad thing? Free is always preferable but couple of quid to upgrade to the latest version, that's not too bad - lets face it, it could be much, much worse.

£1 for one title fine. but how many titles have they released? For someone who invested in say 100 titles, that £1 upgrade a pop sounds a lot less reasonable.

Having said that, how many vc titles do people on here own?

£1 for one title fine. but how many titles have they released? For someone who invested in say 100 titles, that £1 upgrade a pop sounds a lot less reasonable.

Having said that, how many vc titles do people on here own?

Erm... :blush:

Well... :hmm:

I'll get back to you on that one. :p

Surely this is the last time and anything bought on the Switch digitally will be transferred to any future switch platforms.

Only if Switch is a success and they keep to the same architecture in future. If it's not, and they do actually make a dedicated home console again, I can see them charging an upgrade fee for VC once more.

Would 1080p and widescreen be too much to ask of Nintendo...? Absolutely aching to play Luigi's Mansion and Sunshine again after Wind Waker HD. There isn't a whole let else off the GC I'm overly interested in, but Double Dash would be nice for nostalgia's sake. I'd love to finally play through TTYD :p I'd prefer to play a new F-Zero than go through GX again, as good as it still is. Metroid, Pikmin and Zelda have already been done on Wii / Wii U. The rest, I guess is up to the third parties, but it would be great to have Capcom and Sega on board.

I don't see much evidence suggesting they've learned "lots of things" and that they've "listened to fans about a great many things" ::shrug:

Droughts - From reports, the Switch will have an insane first year, for starters

Messaging - The Switch reveal trailer was the polar opposite of the Wii U one, it perfectly conveyed the console and was a huge success

3D Mario - Fans want an exploration based 3D Mario game, that's what the Switch game supposedly is

Unified account system - That's basically already happened and will probably be expanded further with Switch

Proprietary formats - It'll charge with USB-C, a soon to be standard connection

Price - They've puclicly said they're listening to what consumers expect the Switch to cost and will price it accordingly

There are plenty more examples but that's just off the top of my head.

A news report stating that Gamecube games are coming to Virtual Console should be met with delight, but instead it's either "pffft it should have happened years ago" or "Urgh, they're going to charge us for their development time".

It's very, very easy to constantly whinge, complain and focus on the negatives about everything Nintendo do, but there are plenty of positives to be found if you care to look.

To be fair all the news and leaks and such do suggest Nintendo have learned a lot and it's all positive. This is the first negative news in a while. Not buying the switch purely because of a £1.50 upgrade fee for super Mario world is preposterous.

Should still be free though. Still annoying. Tempted not to buy any vc games. Let's and wait to see what is happening

I never got Luigi's mansion, I would pick that up... sunshine and melee I can just play on my gamecube/wii so I won't bother for sure.

For me Luigi's mansion and paper mario tyd are my main wants.

I can't remember any other games that I really wanted that badly but missed out on with the GC.

Games I would double dip if they boosted them some how (multiplayer options, graphics mainly) is probably small. Mario kart dd, f-zero gx, 1080, melee. monkey ball (not sure if one or two.. probably both as one package)

But yeah, virtual GC makes the switch a lot more interesting and could break my determination to hold out till a year after launch!

Oh yeah, great shout on Double Dash and TYD.

I actually bought a copy of TYD on ebay a while back because I want to play through it.

Toadstool Tour I'd also be keen to play. Burnout 2, Blue Storm, Advance Wars... what a console.

There are plenty more examples but that's just off the top of my head.

A news report stating that Gamecube games are coming to Virtual Console should be met with delight, but instead it's either "pffft it should have happened years ago" or "Urgh, they're going to charge us for their development time".

It's very, very easy to constantly whinge, complain and focus on the negatives about everything Nintendo do, but there are plenty of positives to be found if you care to look.

Still not convinced on what Mario is from those 5 seconds of footage. Hope to be proved wrong.

I genuinely think everyone's ecstatic about Gamecube games... but it's a case of finally.

They're Nintendo's equivalent of PS2 games... they should have been made available long before now. Heck IMO the Switch should have Wii games in its Virtual library.

Oh yeah, great shout on Double Dash and TYD.

I actually bought a copy of TYD on ebay a while back because I want to play through it.

Toadstool Tour I'd also be keen to play. Burnout 2, Blue Storm, Advance Wars... what a console.

Would have been quite the console indeed if we got an actual Advance Wars game on the Cube

This deserves to be in two threads: Jimmy Fallon plays the Switch! About 5 minutes in it's revealed.

Brilliant bit of marketing. Showing Mario Run on this show is some great exposure to the masses. The Switch was just the icing on the cake.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

@Ronnie those are things that have just been said though, there's no evidence of it as of yet. They've said many a thing before, similar things about the WiiU but they turned out to be lies!

@Ronnie those are things that have just been said though, there's no evidence of it as of yet. They've said many a thing before, similar things about the WiiU but they turned out to be lies!

I think "failed to achieve" might be better than "lies".

And regarding propriety formats, USB-C is nice, but don't forget they're using propriety cartridges possibly.

I think "failed to achieve" might be better than "lies".

And regarding propriety formats, USB-C is nice, but don't forget they're using propriety cartridges possibly.

Good. Cartridges are better than optical media, especially for portable devices. Why is this an issue?

Need to see the switch outside intense studio lighting. The glare on the screen looked bad. Hope they have not gone cheap on the screen.

Edited by liger05

All you guys with your F-Zero and your Mario Sunshine...

You need to dream bigger!

Four Swords Adventures! Online play! Local Play through 4 Switch consoles!

Arguments! Treachery! Fistfights! Lost Friendships!

All you guys with your F-Zero and your Mario Sunshine...

You need to dream bigger!

Four Swords Adventures! Online play! Local Play through 4 Switch consoles!

Arguments! Treachery! Fistfights! Lost Friendships!

Mother of god...

Yes

Good. Cartridges are better than optical media, especially for portable devices. Why is this an issue?

I'm not saying it's an issue. I was merely pointing out that Ronnie saying "they're switching to USB-C so they're not using propriety formats any more" was not strictly speaking correct.

If done well its fine, but it's not over not over not over yet.

Laura producing the goods again

Laura Kate Dale : Switch exclusive, being revealed in Dec, gameplay trailer ready

Screen shots at link.

More info this week

Edited by liger05

Still not convinced on what Mario is from those 5 seconds of footage. Hope to be proved wrong.

I genuinely think everyone's ecstatic about Gamecube games... but it's a case of finally.

They're Nintendo's equivalent of PS2 games... they should have been made available long before now. Heck IMO the Switch should have Wii games in its Virtual library.

Adding fuel to the fire but isn't it actually even worse? Though kinda agreeing on the Wii game front for Switch if we're looking to PS4/generational equivalence atm.

PS2->PS3->PS4

GC->Wii->WiiU->Switch

Laura producing the goods again

Laura Kate Dale : Switch exclusive, being revealed in Dec, gameplay trailer ready

[TWEET]806793355967406080[/TWEET]

Screen shots at link.

More info this week

[TWEET]806241075769839616[/TWEET]

Detective Gaf have found what the game is.

a45d4a4bf30826900fab9816e50b10f3.jpg

Detective Gaf have found what the game is.

a45d4a4bf30826900fab9816e50b10f3.jpg

Thanks. Some more info from the gag thread.

Seasons of Heaven will take you from deep inside of a mystical forest at the beginning of time all the way through to the twenty-first century and the fall of civilization.

It will take you on a journey with Yann, a young boy with Asperger’s syndrome and his faithful companion, Ani, a French bulldog who Yann is able to communicate with through telepathy. As you follow along on their journey you’ll have the opportunity to meet the rest of the major players and bear witness to the enlightenment of some and the demise of others.

This story will allow you to experience the awe of discovering the most beautiful, magical place that ever existed while at the same time staying only one step ahead of the dark and vile underbelly of the human race.

Most importantly Seasons of Heaven will awaken your imagination and open your mind to possibilities you may never have considered. It will have you on the edge of your seat as you question everything you thought you knew about humanity and begin to realize that the possibility of things existing that can’t be seen with our eyes but only felt within our hearts and souls, really do exist.