NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Stardew Valley seems like the perfect handheld game, so I'll definitely be getting it on Switch

It's one of the reasons that it's a shame Yooka-Laylee was crowdfunded, I think Playtonic would have switched development from Wii U to Switch by now but they're contractually obliged to release it for Wii U because of the Kickstarter.

More news today, there will be a hands on event for the public on January 13th in New York, so hopefully there are other events announced around the world soon after.

I wonder if they could get away with switching (lol) to the Switch. I wonder how many people that signed up to the Wii U would be getting a Switch anyway, or would be happy to change their copy to another console.

*ponders*

Project CARS is a good example of a crowd funded game that was cancelled...

Yes but that was down to not being able to get the game running to an acceptable standard on the wii u. I can understand that.

The games that can run fine on the wii u can't really abandon it for the switch after being crowd funded even though the developers may want to.

I'm annoyed that Stardew Valley isn't coming out on Vita. As people have already mentioned, it would make a great handheld game.

I'm annoyed that Stardew Valley isn't coming out on Vita. As people have already mentioned, it would make a great handheld game.

Yeah it is a bit of a shame. Would definitely get it on Vita if was made available.

There will be remote play but it's not quite the same.

I had literally never heard of this game until this thread. It looks like the perfect handheld title - I might have to hold out and buy it on Switch.

There will be remote play but it's not quite the same.

Remote play is a Wii U thing. Switch is a handheld like the Vita.

Remote play is a Wii U thing. Switch is a handheld like the Vita.

I think Sheikah means PS4 Remote Play using the Vita.

Makes me wonder if Nintendo ever thought about implementing such a feature for Switch. For instance playing Switch remotely using a tablet and bluetooth/wireless controllers.

It actually looks like Nintendo will be releasing a new platform with momentum from a previous platform. Pokémon and cheap 3DS sells mean by the time switch releases they have a live platform rather than what happened with the wii u where the wii was dead.

Well they're classing it as a home console and saying they're still supporting to 3DS (for the time being).

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/11/29/ea-talks-nintendo-switch-never-ever-ever-discount-nintendo-huge-fans/

Coming from EA's Peter Moore...

“Nintendo has always been and will always be an very important partner in this industry. They have some of the best first party development studios in the world, and some of the most valuable intellectual properties in the world. We have announced publicly that we got a partnership with them on their new platform, the Switch, we haven’t talked in detail on what’s that about. You can imagine, as you heard, that a major game will be distributed on that platform.

Fifa?

I think all this talk by EA about their major game coming to Switch either refers to FIFA or the long-awaited sequel to Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure.

That's what i'm thinking. If it is that then it's gonna be a bit strange with it launching in March, months after the other versions and not long until the season is over. It will be a good test for the Switch's online set up, though. Fifa has many online modes and has microtransactions in the form of FUT. If any of these things are gimped then it's gonna set alarm bells off.

I want FIFA on the platform, but in March it would be a bit stupid. What's a game they a have closest to march release? Battlefront with all the dlc would be nice.

They should do Titanfall 2... it's pretty much bombed sales-wise but bringing it out on Switch could give it another chance at a sales push. Especially so considering there'll not be many from the same genre competing with it on the platform.

They should definitely wait for Fifa 17 or if it's Madden wait to the new one in August.

Titanfall would be nice. I would worry about it though simply as it's gonna be well and truly in the bargain bin come March.

Mario, Luigi and Toad Rabbids spotted in Ubisoft video at 23 second mark.

Unbelievable. How can one company leak so much!? And so consistently too! They can't keep a secret to save their lives!

Why do you consider it a leak? It's their game essentially. They can tease what they want.

Because Nintendo has a gag order on every 3rd party releasing games for it right now? (Bethesda can't even talk about Skyrim Switch, despite it featuring in the reveal trailer), because Ubisoft leak info all the time? (remember all the Project Cafe leaks? Yup, they came from Ubisoft. And that's saying nothing about the many many leaks of their own throughout the years, like with the AC games).

It's really quite remarkable just how useless they are at keeping secrets! They spring more leaks than a sunken ship :laughing:

Because Nintendo has a gag order on every 3rd party releasing games for it right now? (Bethesda can't even talk about Skyrim Switch, despite it featuring in the reveal trailer), because Ubisoft leak info all the time? (remember all the Project Cafe leaks? Yup, they came from Ubisoft. And that's saying nothing about the many many leaks of their own throughout the years, like with the AC games).

It's really quite remarkable just how useless they are at keeping secrets! They spring more leaks than a sunken ship :laughing:

Who says Nintendo have a gag order? Third party games have been confirmed for switch.