NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I'm surprised too! Is it too pessimistic to start worrying that means it's not very powerful?

Ordering from gameseek, anyone done it before? They say £2 for fast delivery or free 3-5 2nd class delivery, worth fast delivery or they pretty good with preorders? Also, they don't take the money in advance do they?

I've never preordered with Gameseek before but I've definitely had issues with normal orders. They've told me items are out of stock and cancelled my order but when you go back to the page the game is there again but the price has gone back up.

Ordering from gameseek, anyone done it before? They say £2 for fast delivery or free 3-5 2nd class delivery, worth fast delivery or they pretty good with preorders? Also, they don't take the money in advance do they?

I can't vouch for this person, but...

[tweet]801439663013642240[/tweet]

Gameseek are to be avoided. They have a history of bad customer service and selling opened/2nd hand games as new.

I wonder if Tantalus are handling the Xenoblade X port, Nintendo Life posted an article recently that said they're already developing something for Switch and they did decent work on Twilight Princess so it would make sense.

Starting to wonder if I should take half my WiiU games for trade at CEX for credit now....then re-buy them all on Switch when the time comes :')

If it can run Skyrim HD it can't be too under-powered?

That's a 5 year old game that can run at 1080p on an i5 PC with Intel HD graphics, not especially demanding....

That's a 5 year old game that can run at 1080p on an i5 PC with Intel HD graphics, not especially demanding....

To be fair, it IS Skyrim Special Edition, so it's not vanilla Skyrim...

Hey, I never said it wasn't butt ugly still ;)

To be fair, it IS Skyrim Special Edition, so it's not vanilla Skyrim...

Hey, I never said it wasn't butt ugly still ;)

Is it though...it's (likely) 720p.

I was just sitting here, not going home, and suddenly a thought almost blew my mind...

If Yooka-Laylee is on this on launch, it'd be a big selling point for me. I was chatting to Shorty/a few OW guys earlier about how single-player doesn't capture me as much; but I think that's more on a console/TV sort of side of things. If I could be taking those experiences portably with me(or even just around the house) then I can see myself doing a lot more in the way of playing through things like that. Playtonic/Team17 don't seem to have said anything on plans from the very minimal googling I've done(even in fact saying there wasn't going to be any NX version) but if that gets dropped as a launch title along with Mario at the rumoured £200ish price mark for the system well I can see myself dropping dime on the thing even if the online isn't up to par.

It shouldn't be too difficult to port to the Switch as it supports the Unity engine, and as Playtonic are so committed to releasing the game on Wii U it seems like it will definitely be ported to the Switch at some point. It's just a case of whether there is enough time for them or Team17 to produce a Switch version alongside the PC, Wii U, PS4 and Xbox One versions.

As long as releasing it day and date on Switch doesn't cause another delay to the release on other platforms I can't see Kickstarter backers having a problem with it, but really Playtonic have to deliver the title to the platforms promised before thinking about Switch for fear of pissing off the backers. It would be a hell of a launch title though.

Edited by killthenet

Pretty sure that Playtonic expressed an interest in an "NX" version in an interview before. I'd be really shocked if it didn't happen at some point, considering that the Wii U is meant to be the lead platform for development...

Not at launch mind you, they're only around 20 people! (hell, they're actually not handling the PS4//Xbone versions; only the Wii U and PC ones as Team 17 are taking care of porting duties), but down the line? Probably :p

Edited by Dcubed

720p, oh the horror.

Or, if context is observed when reading posts, more like the original console Skyrim than the special edition.

Rabbids Go Home was one of my favourite games on the Wii. Essentially an action adventure game with an amusing premise, very good music and geniunely funny moments. The controls were really tight and the gameplay was challenging. Incidently, I never played the mini-game collection that launched with the system, but I've heard / read it's not any good. If Rabbids Go Home is anything to go by, then this game could be surprisingly good.

I second that! Genius game, really fun and sadly overlooked due to it's partygame-heritage. Rabbids are great characters, but sadly not used very good most of the time.

Anyhoo, I found this to be an interesting watch about the Switch's speculated power.

Mario, Luigi and Toad Rabbids spotted in Ubisoft video at 23 second mark.

Next to the toad Rabbid.. is that a Mii Rabbid? or is it something else? (I'm not overly familiar with the series....)

http://gonintendo.com/stories/269405-take-two-says-nintendo-is-making-a-great-effort-to-support-3rd

Coming from Take-Two President Karl Slatoff...

The folks at Nintendo are making a great effort to support third-party developers, we’re very optimistic on the Switch though we are not announcing anything specific today.

What was said about wii u six months before launch.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/172418/Four_keys_to_nextgen_success_according_to_TakeTwos_Zelnick.php

"We haven't announced anything," says Zelnick on the possibility of moving the company's mature titles onto the Wii U. "I'm skeptical."

So it begins

http://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-console-release-dates/

I’m pleased to announce the official release dates for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 versions of Stardew Valley!

Stardew Valley will launch in North America for the PS4 on December 13th, 2016.

Stardew Valley will launch in Europe for the PS4 and globally for the Xbox One on December 14th, 2016.

Pre-orders for the Xbox One (globally) and PS4 (Europe only) will begin on November 30th, 2016.

Stardew Valley will not be coming to the Wii U, however. Looking at Wii U and the current gaming landscape, we made the difficult choice to shift our development efforts to creating a version for Nintendo Switch. I am really looking forward to the Switch, and I believe that the Switch’s unique capabilities could create some exciting opportunities for Stardew Valley. I do want to emphasize that I am absolutely committed to seeing Stardew Valley on Nintendo platforms, and I really do appreciate your support and understanding in this.

Makes sense to go to the switch now. Wii u is dead and there is a new platform on the horizon.

Edited by liger05

Wahey! Definitely getting that on PS4 when it hits. Would also be a good fit for Switch, with it being the only handheld option.

It's one of the reasons that it's a shame Yooka-Laylee was crowdfunded, I think Playtonic would have switched development from Wii U to Switch by now but they're contractually obliged to release it for Wii U because of the Kickstarter.

More news today, there will be a hands on event for the public on January 13th in New York, so hopefully there are other events announced around the world soon after.