Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Smash Bros. Wii U Direct (23rd October 23:00)

Serebii

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want something like Party Chat, which the 360 had way back in 2006 I think, so you can just chat to people regardless of what games each other is playing. It should have been fundamentally part of the Wii U OS.

Ahh man, how could we talk about the biology of consciousness and mathematics without voice chat? :p

It's a half-measure because he's actually in the game and is quite useful, but he's not what many have been calling out for. Why not just put him in there? We've had Solid Snake for goodness sake and now we have Pacman...I'm sure they could get Ridley to work. In fact, I think he looks great but it could have been even better.

You might as well ask why Giga Bowser wasn't playable back in Melee, or why you couldn't play as Tabuu: their fundamental designs aren't meant to be playable. There is no "extra mile" to put Ridley in as unlockable, because they weren't running for that goal in the first place.

As for why not aim for him to be playable... Sakurai doesn't wanna. He thinks Ridley is too big and that Charizard already fills the "flying dragon" archetype. As much as I want Ridley to be playable, I've accepted this for a while, now, games are ultimately under the whims of their designers.

As an aside, from the timeframe they've given us for DLC, we can estimate it takes roughly 3-5 months to make an entirely new character (one with an old moveset, at least). I wonder if that's how often we'll see DLC for Smash Bros.

Am I the only one not a fan of the Mewtwo-if-you-have-both-games thing? Hopefully they'll offer him for download for £2 or something for those without the 3DS version, I'll be rather annoyed if I am stuck without a character because of the 3DS version. Ice Climbers getting cut already hurts too much...

Am I the only one not a fan of the Mewtwo-if-you-have-both-games thing? Hopefully they'll offer him for download for £2 or something for those without the 3DS version, I'll be rather annoyed if I am stuck without a character because of the 3DS version. Ice Climbers getting cut already hurts too much...

I'm not a fan either. Here's to hoping they do release Mewtwo as a separate, purchasable character!

Had it playing pretty much as I was getting through the front door, up to number 11 at the moment, popping goosebumpboners all over the place already.

EDIT: @ReZourceman may appreciate the stage builder. I intend to fight on every one of my friends' dicks.

Beautiful. Amazing. Fantastic. Super Excite.

Now to book the brothers for an all dayer on the 6th of December...

Edited by Rummy

What the Frak??? So tp play as Mewtwo I have to buy both versions???? Bullshit. He better be also offered at a cheap buy to download price like no more than 2euro. I'm not paying full whack for the 3DS version just to get one character

You're not buying the 3DS version just to get one character, you'd buy the 3DS version to have a great 3DS game. + Mewtwo as a nice bonus.

You're not buying the 3DS version just to get one character, you'd buy the 3DS version to have a great 3DS game. + Mewtwo as a nice bonus.

If the 3ds version holds no interest.... then yes it would just be buying the game for mewtwo.

When I saw that particular announcement I was relieved it was a character I don't particularly enjoy playing as

There's no way Mewtwo won't go on sale at the same time players who registered both games get him free.

I have a feeling there will be a character pack released and each character will ever be available separately or all together at a discount. Nintendo are all about those season passes these days.

But he's free!!!

When you spend £85.

The "online is the air we breath" line was true! That's why they're dead. ;)

Joking aside, can we all calm down a bit please and lay aside the ridiculous claims, demands, instructions and USE OF CAPS.

SHUT UP ASHLEY YOU'RE NOT MY MUVVA!

Still don't believe Smash just can't do it.

But that's just me :)

FFS Drahkon, how many times do I have to tell you...!

I just want something like Party Chat, which the 360 had way back in 2006 I think, so you can just chat to people regardless of what games each other is playing. It should have been fundamentally part of the Wii U OS.

But you know, apart from the lack of voice chat, I was very impressed by this Direct. 8 player Smash!! Just think of the carnage! I realise it's not going to be very often that I'll have 7 other people around to play, but I've got to experience it at least once. Maybe we could do some kind of London N-E Smash meet.

BUT ALL THE LAG OF ALL THE PEOPLE!

Also re: london smash...I'm contemplating it.

SHUT UP ASHLEY YOU'RE NOT MY MUVVA!

FFS Drahkon, how many times do I have to tell you...!

BUT ALL THE LAG OF ALL THE PEOPLE!

Also re: london smash...I'm contemplating it.

Get it organised! I wouldn't even mind if my place was the venue :) My girlfriend might, but I won't. 8 people, or 4 people and their amiibo's - let's do it!!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!