NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2014/2015

Thank fuck we didn't get Olympiakos again, but getting bored of Dortmund now.

Easy draw for Chelsea as usual, Liverpool have a kind group as well.

What is it with Chelsea and these handy draws? How much does Roman have to bribe each year? Where's Man United? I don't see them anywhere. Oh that's right, it's the beginning of a long Ice Age for them. Maybe Europa League in a couple of years if they can win the League Cup. :laughing:

Looks like Agger has finally left Liverpool. I always liked him so its a shame to see him go but he was never fit enough to play properly and even when he was, he'd dropped down the list so probably best for him to leave to get to actually play.

Looks like Agger has finally left Liverpool. I always liked him so its a shame to see him go but he was never fit enough to play properly and even when he was, he'd dropped down the list so probably best for him to leave to get to actually play.

That's bizarre. He's such a good player. Injuries haven't helped him. I think he really wanted to go home because so many top clubs would love to have him. He'd been linked with Barca, Arsenal and Man City in the last couple of years alone and it's obviously not about the money. He's only 29 as well. Strange one.

Torres going out on loan is the best news in football since Moyes took over as United manager!

Torres going out on loan is the best news in football since Moyes took over as United manager!

How anyone would want him is beyond me. He's in bits. 20 goals in 110 appearances for Chelsea in his 3 and 1/2 years there and I remember some of them. Scrappy $h1t€ they were, he got a hat trick against relegated QPR. That was his best effort. Well worth the money, wasn't it? Not that he cares, he's made his fortune. He's going on loan and you know Chelsea will still be paying a large part of his salary. £150,000 every week for nothing. At least now he might actually earn some of it. If you can say that about any player.

Man U as awful as ever, they'll still win though, burnley really don't look premiership quality. Di Maria does look great though to be fair. Dammit!

Di Maria has been by far our best player. If anyone asks why we signed him, look at Young and Valencia. Both have been absolutely awful. Valencia is so one dimensional and when he can't do the one thing that we bought him for (get a ball into the box), then he's useless. I miss the days where he used to run past people and actually put crosses in. He can't do the business any more and think his time is up here. Young is better, but not by much.

Fletcher, though. I feel sorry for him because he was once very important to us. Think he'll make a decent squad player or somebody who can come on and tighten things up. But, he shouldn't be starting.

It'll look better when all the players who are out are back. We will look instantly better when Carrick, Herrera and Shaw are playing. Although he doesn't really set the world alight, we do look unbelievably worse without Carrick. Think the defence play better when he's in front of them, too.

Brilliant stuff from United. Kept your first clean sheet and got a point against mighty Burnley. 2 out of a possible 9 points. Got the distraction of the League Cup out of your way. Things are definitely looking up.

United are making me laugh so much! They're providing such entertainment, as they've always done to be fair, albeit in a very different fashion these days! Haha

Weird City beating Liverpool and then losing to Stoke. Swansea are flying high. Great captain Rooney is, he's not a leader.

Excellent, excellent analysis of what Van Gaal is trying to do at United and what's actually happening.

Link here

These images sum it up:

man-utd2.jpg

man-utd-3.jpg

man-utd-31.jpg

That last image is correct. Even when we're trying to do something different, the general play seems to be "get the ball wide, probably to Valencia". It's true. We're still trying to play the "old" way with the new system, with players that aren't as good as the ones we previously had. I wonder if having Giggs as an assistant manager is actually part of the problem, since isn't he just going to show players how to play the "old way"?

The players need to be much more dynamic. There were far too many long balls today and stupid passes that were underhit or wayward. I've said for years that I think that there's a serious coaching problem at United and we're starting it now, the passing in particular is so poor. We're never going to be able to play a fast, dynamic passing game unless we actually have these technically great players.

Spurs are still shit, they are lucky it's only 3-0 to Liverpool right now, but on the plus side they at least registered a shot on target. lol

Can't wait for spurs to heap more misery on Liverpool next week. Said in preseason Liverpool will be fighting for 6th this year. Europe hasn't even started either, with all the new players, it's going to be a really really difficult season for them.

I'm going to the game on Sunday. Can't wait!

1310498559979.png

Robbed....

I came here especially to see if you'd be brave enough to show your face. Is that the best you've got? If you lost by a goal in the last second then maybe you could say you were robbed. You conceded 3 and scored 0 at home as well. How is that robbed?

Oh dazzy. This thread wouldn't be the same without you.

Dominant win. Sterling is ridiculous for a 19 year old.

I came here especially to see if you'd be brave enough to show your face. Is that the best you've got? If you lost by a goal in the last second then maybe you could say you were robbed. You conceded 3 and scored 0 at home as well. How is that robbed?

Yep, because I was deadly serious...

Though it wasn't a penalty (can't be a good Chester) and that killed the game. But awful from us, kaboul was such unbelievably bad... Really hope we sell him!