Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Splatoon

Retro_Link

I don't know how people wouldn't be looking forward to it, or be pistiive about jt, it's a really unique take on tactical shooters unlike ANHTHING WEVE SEEN. De Blob meets Call of duty... It should be applauded! I think the game looks incredible, just how incredible is all up to Nintendo, can't wait to hear more!

:bowdown::bowdown:

And I totally agree. In a market over saturated with shooter after shooter it's great to finally see something a bit different.

I don't know how people wouldn't be looking forward to it, or be pistiive about jt, it's a really unique take on tactical shooters unlike ANHTHING WEVE SEEN. De Blob meets Call of duty... It should be applauded! I think the game looks incredible, just how incredible is all up to Nintendo, can't wait to hear more!

There's your answer.

It can be as fresh and unique as you like (Not disputing that it is fresh and unique) But I just hate shooters, especially the tactical kind.

There's your answer.

It can be as fresh and unique as you like (Not disputing that it is fresh and unique) But I just hate shooters, especially the tactical kind.

It's less tactical and more arcady fast and furious action tbh, from the half dozen times I played it at EGX

Did you get to use many of the different weapons etc?

Just the main gun, the grenades and the special tornado type weapon. The tactics I found were more on an individual basis, how or whether to sneak up the opposition and take them out at close range or just concentrate on painting as much of the landscape as possible. So much fun.

I get the impression you stopped being a Nintendo fan a long time ago tbh. That's how it seems anyway.

I'd still class myself as a Nintendo fan, although the WiiU has burned me and I'd say that I'm not happy with their current direction. I own the Nes, SNES, N64, Cube, Wii and WiiU so I enjoy the games that appear there when they get it right. I have my Wii hooked up in my bedroom and have F Zero GX inserted into the drive. My qualm with Nintendo is that they're not really giving me what I want or need in a game right now. Doesn't mean I'm not a fan, I'm just not satisfied. Xenoblade hit the right spot for me on the Wii and X is really the one standout game that I'm after.

Likewise I actually have no interest in this title. When I played it I found the controls to be really turgid. To the point that I'm using words such as 'turgid'.

But go forth and enjoy!

Just don't mention the 'v' word.

Likewise I actually have no interest in this title. When I played it I found the controls to be really turgid. To the point that I'm using words such as 'turgid'.

But go forth and enjoy!

Just don't mention the 'v' word.

Velodrome?

Rumours of a delay, that really would be typical... oh boy... Hope it's not true, I've got a kid coming in June and want a few weeks on this before my life is ruined!

From where are those rumours?

Because another rumour that is somewhat substantiated, says otherwise.

South African retailer listed this, and its associated amiibo, for May 29th 2015. It also listed Kirby & The Rainbow Paintbrush for May 8th 2015. Now, yesterday we got the Kirby date to be exactly what they said, so it's possible, nay probable, that Splatoon will come May 29th

To expand upon Daz's post.

RUMOR- Splatoon delayed in Europe?

According an email sent to Amazon users in Italy, leading to believe that the game might be delayed in Europe. Of course, it's just speculation at the moment, but something to keep an eye on!

tBziyxX.jpg

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/248974-rumor-splatoon-delayed-in-europe

http://www.nintendon.it/rumor-splatoon-rinviato-europa/

http://nintendohall.altervista.org/2015/03/12/rumor-nintendo-wii-u-luscita-di-splatoon-sara-rinviata-in-europa/

It says it's being released between July 2-7.

Edited by Wii

I remember back when I had a reasonable PC set up, I used to love shooters. But I've never really enjoyed a console shooter, as in truly loved it.

Unreal tournament is probably my favourite so far, not that I'm a connoisseur, but I loved the balance of the weapons, the ability to customise to an extent how sensitive controls were, so I could use a sniper rifle with reasonable speed and track a target, then take them out. I could have a range of other weapons, and regardless of what weapon the opponent happened to have, I knew that in a 1 on 1 situation I at least had a fighting chance of being the one getting the kill.

As for console shooters? I find no matter how sensitive I set controls they swing between being super loose and hard to get any accuracy with right back to the other extreme of being so slow and clunky that any moving target has to happily walk into my line of fire so I can get them.

I exaggerate, but in general shooters aren't my thing. The single player mode on this is, as many have expressed, what interests me so I hope there is a short demo so I can see how the controls work and get a taster of the single player campaign.

I'll tell you why this could very well be true.

8th May.

B_zgy_nWIAAwcUw.jpg

You know what Nintendo are like. Just look at Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze for precedent on the Wii U.

Splatoon: A Closer Look at the Inky Weapons - IGN Rewind Theater

IGN's Jose Otero and Brian Altano take a closer look at the Splat Roller, Splattershot, .52 Gal shooter, and a sleeping cat called Judd the referee.

Nintendo Discusses Splatoon's Single Player, Customization & Gameplay

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Rumours of a delay, that really would be typical... oh boy... Hope it's not true, I've got a kid coming in June and want a few weeks on this before my life is ruined!

I want to get this framed and give it to your child on its 18th birthday :heh:

I want to get this framed and give it to your child on its 18th birthday :heh:

I was going to say imagine trying to explain the lack of voice chat to a kid in 18 years time, but then I realised he might still grow up on Nintendo...

(Soz but not soz ;p)

[TWEET]577387466014859264[/TWEET]

[TWEET]577387652082614272[/TWEET]

Translation of the Tweets:

This weapon is the Hot Blaster.

Seems like a fireworks launcher - it fires a special ink shell a fixed distance before it detonates. Because it's an area-of-effect attack, you can hit opponents hiding in cover. The way you approach enemies is gonna be an important part of mastering this weapon.

We've obtained this clip of a Hot Blaster in action.

Looking at this, we might be able to understand the way its projectiles work. If an enemy gets hit directly, seems they'll be blasted in one shot. Most definitely something we'd like to get our hands on...