NEurope
Retro_Link

Splatoon

well HoT went red too..

there are plenty of poor blue teams, I know I've played splatfests where all my teams were terrible, yet overall we won, and vice versa

Sadly, I can't play as I don't want to start and be disconnected again.

L.ipseum was in an awesome team with me (we had a system.. then I dropped out ><

Fortunately I'm back into the 3rd great team in a row :D

Sadly, I can't play as I don't want to start and be disconnected again.

good point. As a member of team blue, I would quite like that though - try again! :Pit's great fun ;)

Keeps saying I have an unstable connection and booting me from the match. Didn't get to finish a single one. :(

Playing on Blue

Keeps saying I have an unstable connection and booting me from the match. Didn't get to finish a single one. :(

Playing on Blue

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

:D Well I am a King, so my job is done.. hopefullythe results will be favourable.

I feel the pain of those with less stable connections.. at my brothers playing matches was a nightmare!

The struggle to find a Blue Team to go against is real. Wow.

we're all kings now ;)

This game is unplayable tonight. Almost every game I've played has had a dropout in it, from either team (mostly from mine, which has completely killed my streak :angry:) I noticed a couple during the day, but now it's really bad, Nintendo need to sort something out quickly.

interesting..may give it a shot after dinner to level up gear a bit..I did notice more than latency/bandwidth, simply WHICH connection I was using had a huge effect on gameplay... in my home town 1 connection was fine, the osecond terrible. the terrible one had higher bandwidth and similar latency, but didn't seem to last the whole game... it's possible the connection was used by multiple devices though, so I wonder if that is the issue...

This game is unplayable tonight. Almost every game I've played has had a dropout in it, from either team (mostly from mine, which has completely killed my streak :angry:) I noticed a couple during the day, but now it's really bad, Nintendo need to sort something out quickly.

seems completely stable to me, both my team and opposing teams 100% throughout... maybe it just got really busy and has quietened back down now? aren't the US and Japan currently having their splatfest too? if so that could explain the issues a little bit?

Had quite a few good games on Team Red. Just a couple of red vs reds, and one match where blue annihilated us. Got up to Pokémon Red Defender rank, think I'll leave it there.

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

I had a great time on it tonight, I carried on playing a good two hours after reaching King and will try and play some more in the morning. Loads of really good matches. I even made an attempt to draw Blastoise on Miiverse

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse
Edited by Helmsly

Whelp! Only fitting that the game with the best exclusive Pokemon has the best exclusive players, even if it has the less popular cover Pokemon ;)

I was torn in my choice.. Charizard was my main, but I had Blue (even though in my ignorance I always wanted Red :P)

Played Yellow as well.. I'm not sure I ever played Red now I come to think of it...

Not really surprising, the more popular team almost always loses. Especially when savvy players predict the more popular team in advance and pick the opposite!

Not really surprising, the more popular team almost always loses. Especially when savvy players predict the more popular team in advance and pick the opposite!

I think this one was fairly obvious. Most kiddies who have no nostalgia for the original games would have picked Red purely for Charizard being on the front.

While I still had a little fun playing this again, the game is still a mess in some aspects. It's essentially ended up like CoD, where if you take a break from the game, you end up playing agaisnt people who play it non-stop and have all the best gear. I was getting stuck in matches with rank 50s yesterday, yet I'm just a rank 20. One guy was butchering me with a set up that had 3 slots on every piece, clearly with power ups tailored to his style of playing. Seems fair. :hmm:

since they switched to 6x multiplier that's almost true.

this site seems to be accurate:http://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/Splatfest#Completed

2X multiplier : most popular won 6 out of 7 splatfests.

4X multiplier: most popular won 5 out of 11 splatfests

6X multiplier: most popular won 3 out of 15 splatfests.

2X multiplier : most skilled won 4 out of 7 splatfests.

4X multiplier: most skilled won 9 out of 11 splatfests

6X multiplier: most skilled won 15 out of 15 splatfests.

Basically most popular counts for nothing now. If a single group of 4 players vote one way, essentially giving 100% popularity to opposing team, 43% v 57% wins would be enough

100 v 0

344 v 456

total: 444 v 456.

That's not even that unlikely a win %, a quarter of splatfests end with a win % of 57 or higher.. 77% is the highest popularity vote.

so assuming a more likely 80% vote advantage, 54% would still be suficient to win

80v 20

46 v 54 = 368 v 432

total 448 v 452

and over half of all splatfests end with a 54% or higher win result...

So as it only takes 37 wins/92 losses to get to the 184 points mark..

For future reference, with a 54% win loss ratio to get to King/Queen.. and assuming 400p each match for everyone on here!

over 49 matches ( or 2 1/2 hours play)

26 wins = 137p

v

23 losses = 48p

would be enough contributed to see your team win the splatfest.

Result was expected. Across all the games I played last night, 80% of them were against other Team Red players which has zero contribution toward the team's overall win percentage. Slightly salty, but oh well, still felt good to try and fight for the version I played back in the day.

I think this one was fairly obvious. Most kiddies who have no nostalgia for the original games would have picked Red purely for Charizard being on the front.

While I still had a little fun playing this again, the game is still a mess in some aspects. It's essentially ended up like CoD, where if you take a break from the game, you end up playing agaisnt people who play it non-stop and have all the best gear. I was getting stuck in matches with rank 50s yesterday, yet I'm just a rank 20. One guy was butchering me with a set up that had 3 slots on every piece, clearly with power ups tailored to his style of playing. Seems fair. :hmm:

You know I think if you haven't played for a while you'll be a bit rusty. As you play more you notice little tricks, people use a tactic against you and either you then get to nab it as one of your own, or develop counter measures...

As for the gear, personally I like the ink resistance and ink saver, beyond that I adapt to the gear I'm wearing.. I'm currently levelling up all my gear because it does make a difference. Like I think I use the splatter shot as my weapon.. I'm not very adventurous with weapons :P But it really is a different weapon when I don't have ink saver, and either my playstyle has to radically change, or I'll end up with a sub 600p score at the end of the match.. it keeps things "fresh".

Also, being in a team balances things a bit... sometimes that's advantageous, sometimes not so much so :D

Just had an idea.. not sure what people think, but I'd like a random mix mode, where the game would randomly pick a combination of gun, clothes, headwear and shoes and drop you into a match. once you have gone through all your items in one category (say you have at least 10 of all the clothing items, but only 5 weapons.. in which case you only get 5 turns) then the mode is locked for the day.

I'd quite like to have a linked stats screen, showing me how I fare with each of the different items... and going further, show me how I fare in this random mode and then again in the ranked/regular modes...

and then maybe, to push the boat out, have ranks on ow I did with specific combinations of gear.. so maybe use Marie and Callie, so you can enter the broadcast room and they'd do a little run down - best defensive gear, best hunting gear, best paint coverage setups.. and someone mentioned having a wardrobe type set up, where you have those specific combo's ready to set up in a couple of button presses.. what if Callie and Marie would make recommendations.. so maybe a proven set up.. a suggested set up that the game thinks may suit you, and then your own custom set ups that you like...

maybe ideas for splatoon dlc...

Well I forgot to vote, AGAIN! It really annoys me when they put details up of the Splatfest a week or so in advance and then don't allow you to vote there and then.

I work on Saturdays so it feels like a small window to actually register your vote in and even then I'd only be able to play a couple of hours if that, Splat-Fest has become a bit of a write-off for me. ::shrug:

I'm available for some splatoon action once again.

Don't suppose any progress was made towards arranging a night for 8 of us?

Wooop! Sadly I'm out/working this weekend, but I might manage an evening in the week with a bit of notice - anyone else interested?

just noticed this... I'd be up for a bit but mainly turf wars/private battles as I won't necessarily be 100% focused on the game all the time...

Er yes, keep forgetting. I say let's get a core group of us to agree a time/date and then try and recruit, trying to organise 8 peoples timetables could be tricky. For me it's become increasingly difficult as I'm having giant cot issues meaning my baby is sleeping in the living room so late night tv gaming isn't on the agenda currently... Makes this irritatingly tricky for me. Day time weekends is best; but possibly early evening!