NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

I was about to write a joke post trashing you for it not being 9/10, then I clicked and read it :p

Fantastic review mate :)

Cheers! Glad you enjoyed it.

You'll be glad to know that more from me will be appearing on the site within the hour or so, because there's a Yo-Kai Watch review from yours truly in bound for the main site as well very shortly (I knew you'd be interested in that one ;) )

So whats the impressions then people? Im more and more tempted to get it :D

Went through another couple of levels last night, one of which was with the Landmaster. I still hate that thing. :D

The controls are still fiddly and not for me but i'm still kinda of enjoying. The problem is that Star Fox games are stupidly short ( I could have easily finished the game last night in one sitting but went back on another game ), due to the nature of the genre, and because i'm not a fan of the control scheme I doubt I will even bother going through the game once it's finished.

It's a shame that the controls just don't sit well with me because had it been a standard Star Fox game I would be enjoying it a hell of a lot more. I mean some of the set pieces have been great so far, the one I mentioned earlier was a very epic battle.

I think I have around 4 stages left to do and to be honest it seems that a lot of the things in the game seemed to have been put in for the sake of justifying the use of the GamePad, rather than them actually being fun. The gyrocopter stuff feels very much like this, with its more slow paced approach and the need to look at the pad to control the little robot. For me it's far too slow and has no place being in an arcade shooter.

From a personal point of view I think it's sad that i've waited so long for another traditional Star Fox game to arrive but this one falls short of what I wanted from the series. Still baffles me that there's no all range online mode. ::shrug:

I'm quite looking forward to playing SFG. I think that will be a more suitable game for me as I have no idea what to expect from it.

EDIT: Oops. Forgot to mention that the anime short was fantastic. :D

Short was really nice, enjoyed seeing the characters interact outside of the battlefield.

Tracking on my copy has updated to Location confirmed, sending supplies so I assume it's arriving today.

I'm stunned. That humour, that voice acting, that art style, and most importantly THAT WORLD BUILDING! I love this sort of stuff.

Start releasing Saturday morning cartoons and animated movies Nintendo! Remind today's world of your characters and brilliance.

I'm stunned. That humour, that voice acting, that art style, and most importantly THAT WORLD BUILDING! I love this sort of stuff.

Start releasing Saturday morning cartoons and animated movies Nintendo! Remind today's world of your characters and brilliance.

Yup.

This is certainly the kind of thing they should be looking to do going forward. The amount of IP they have that would translate so well into a cartoon series is staggering. They should really start to try and tap into that potential.

SI_WiiU_StarFoxZero.jpg

Well I've now seen the excellent cartoon, read our fantastic reviews, gazed at the stunning site banner, had my copies of both games arrive and I've also got - and am wearing - the awesome T-shirt! :D

content-15-34732-star%20fox%20zero%20banner.jpg

content-15-34731-sfgart.jpg

I'm definitely ready to play the Star Fox game which will surely be - almost - the title in the series I've been waiting for since Star Fox 64. :)

Plus the Star Fox themed Tower Defence title I didn't even know I needed until now. ;)

So once again...

tumblr_lpvfln5GWy1qk26dzo1_500.gif

"Let's rock and roll!"

:cool:

Agreed. They should definitely continue things like this. All started with the Pikmin Shorts.

Release a BluRay of Nintendo Shorts every year. Job done :)

I dunno I feel a blu-Ray would kinda just get lost, like a straight to video release, that only those in the know would look for and buy. Screen them before movies, put them on the Disney channel or whatever the best TV outlet is nowadays.

I felt I got a better insight into the StarFox universe and cared more about its characters in those 10mins than every StarFox game that's come before... combined. They were given such great personality and treatment, and made to look damn cool.

Well most of the TV stuff is absorbed through Internet now, so putting them on Youtube is a good bet. Plus, maybe, Netflix etc.

Yeees, it arrived. Shame I have work to do for the next hourthough

CgjmB6hWMAA6RQl.jpg

As suspected, the Star Fox Guard code doesn't work yet. That will have to wait for tomorrow!

Edited by Serebii

Mine too. The steel book is very nicely done actually, with internal artwork - and has space for both disks.

I still don't really get the point of steel books as a concept - but it is a nice thing.

Mine also arrived

snTqESf.jpg

The T-shirt is pretty badly printed. On the plus side, I can play Guard right away.

Mine also arrived

snTqESf.jpg

Sexy.

Hopefully my special edition will be waiting for me when I get home.

I'll be interested to hear what you guys think, even the good reviews don't make it sound like something I want/need to jump at. Seems likes I could just replay Lylat Wars again?

I'll be interested to hear what you guys think, even the good reviews don't make it sound like something I want/need to jump at. Seems likes I could just replay Lylat Wars again?

I think it all depends on whether or not you will like the control scheme. I mentioned earlier that there are some fantastic set pieces but my enjoyment was hindered by my dislike of the controls. However, if you don't mind how the game plays and then trying to earn a higher scores, then the game is for you.

Really enjoying this. Big grin on my face as I play.

It sure is mentally tiring though haha.

@Dcubed wasn't the only one here who got early access...

Well, here are my thoughts.

BTW, I hate Lylat Wars. Keep that in mind.

The worst thing about that Star Fox short is that it makes me want a full anime series now...