NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

Is it wrong that I prefer both Starwing and Lylat Wars as names for those games..? :red:

I'm the same, thats what those games were called when I was growing up, so that's what they'll always be called in my eyes.

Edited by killthenet

Probably just me but I hate it being called Lylat Wars, it'll always be Star Fox 64 to me. Same when people refer to Star Fox on the SNES as Starwing... :shakehead

I had NTSC versions of both so it did confuse me when they were eventually released here with different names.

It was all down to a copyright issue with the use of Star Fox in Europe wasn't it?

Reminds me, I need to playthrough Star Fox 64 on the 3DS before Zero is released.

It's looking likely Star Fox Zero will be my first Wii U retail purchase since May 2014.

Now, cheapest place to pre-order it from?

Cheapest place is probably:

http://www.thegamecollection.net/star-fox-zero-wii-u.html

As long as you don't mind ordering it from them.

Is there something wrong with thegamecollection? I ordered from them before and they were very quick with their dispatch and everything came in perfect condition?

They have a habit of sending out copies of games from strange regions. If you try to trade a game in from them then more than likely the bar code won't scan in at CEX/Grainger/GAME. There's a few people on GAF who've had this issue with them. Usually you can tweet them and ask what kind of copy of the game you will be getting.

Is it wrong that I prefer both Starwing and Lylat Wars as names for those games..? :red:

Well, personally I agree that I prefer the sound of Lylat Wars. Sorry, but Starfox sounds a bit too "kiddy", while Lylat Wars sounds like it really wants to be the gaming equivalent of Star Wars... which is what I viewed it as when I was a kid.

But Starwing? Just no, that sounds like a dull "space combat sim", like Elite.

There's nothing dull about Elite

Well, I played it for the first time in 2010, so I'm sure I would've felt differently if I played it in the 80's.

They have a habit of sending out copies of games from strange regions. If you try to trade a game in from them then more than likely the bar code won't scan in at CEX/Grainger/GAME. There's a few people on GAF who've had this issue with them. Usually you can tweet them and ask what kind of copy of the game you will be getting.

Yep, the my game box of Twilight Princess HD that I ordered from there was German

Lylas Wars sounds far better than Starfox 64! And I want this game but probably won't get it on release. Let's hope they make plenty of copies of it.

I have the special edition ordered from GAME and just received an email saying...

Hi Henry ( yeah, this ain't my name )

Thank you for the preorder of Rugby Challenge 3. The game is getting released next week and we will be starting the order process early. etc.etc.

I went to the online help section and asked just what the hell is going on, as this email clearly wasn't for me, so why was it sent? Apparently they've had issues all morning with Rugby Challenge 3, Star Fox and Ratchet Clank preorder emails all getting mixed up and sent to the wrong customers.

These guys are simply hilarious. Such a shoddy setup. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting a copy of Rugby Challenge 3 instead of Star Fox. :D

I have the special edition ordered from GAME and just received an email saying...

I went to the online help section and asked just what the hell is going on, as this email clearly wasn't for me, so why was it sent? Apparently they've had issues all morning with Rugby Challenge 3, Star Fox and Ratchet Clank preorder emails all getting mixed up and sent to the wrong customers.

These guys are simply hilarious. Such a shoddy setup. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up getting a copy of Rugby Challenge 3 instead of Star Fox. :D

Oh man, that is something else! :laughing:

So glad I've not dealt with GAME in a long time now.

Anyway, here's hoping you don't get Rugby Challenge 3.

I just got the correct email about my Star Fox preorder. I kinda want Rugby Challenge now just for the lols. :D

I got an email about updating me on my 'Ratchet & Clank' pre-order earlier and thought, "I don't even have a Playstation 3" so I was worried they'd cocked everything up and we about to charge me for a game I didn't have. Luckily I just got the correction email, was half expecting them to say they couldn't fulfil my pre-order.

I just got the correct email about my Star Fox preorder. I kinda want Rugby Challenge now just for the lols. :D

In fairness the graphics for Rugby Challenge 3 look pretty good, maybe you should consider picking it up too. Look what you can do!

Heh, I got the Rachet email. I had better not end up with a copy of that on my doorstep instead of Star Fox!!

Luckily they sent out another one apologising for the mixup, with the proper Star Fox First Print one sent to me, so it should be good (wish I got it from the Nintendo Store before it was too late...)

Heh, I got the Rachet email. I had better not end up with a copy of that on my doorstep instead of Star Fox!!

Why? It will probably be the better game out of the two. :heh: ( i'm very excited for R&C :heart::yay::bouncy: )

Still, both will pale in comparison to the awesomeness that is Rugby Challenge 3. We have chosen poorly. :D

In fairness the graphics for Rugby Challenge 3 look pretty good, maybe you should consider picking it up too. Look what you can do!

I'm probably the biggest rugby fan on these boards but I'm not planning on getting it. It looks good but the sport is so complex it really doesn't translate very well to a game.

No one's mentioned Star Fox got 35/40 in Famitsu? And guard got 31/40?!

Also read/listened to a few hands on, concenus is game is great, controls don't make it a better experience, and even frustrating.... argh!

Also read/listened to a few hands on, concenus is game is great, controls don't make it a better experience, and even frustrating.... argh!

Yeah, that was my takeaway from this weeks NVC. When they were on about how the controls switch when you change vehicles/forms sounded a bit of a nightmare, especially as the standard controls apparently take an hour or so to get to grips with.

I'm really intrigued to see how I get on with the control schemes. From what i've read and heard I can't see me enjoy them.

I'm probably the biggest rugby fan on these boards but I'm not planning on getting it. It looks good but the sport is so complex it really doesn't translate very well to a game.

Oh I was just joking around. All I did was look at Google Images for it :D

Yeah, that was my takeaway from this weeks NVC. When they were on about how the controls switch when you change vehicles/forms sounded a bit of a nightmare, especially as the standard controls apparently take an hour or so to get to grips with.

I'm really intrigued to see how I get on with the control schemes. From what i've read and heard I can't see me enjoy them.

Yeah GameExplain said the same - explicitly said he's pretty confident people will say the game is great, but the controls aren't, and ultimately , they don't improve the experience. What we all feared when we heard about it, but if it doesn't detract from it then I'm sure it won't be too bad. We'll see I guess. Still excited!

At least reports that the game is good are encouraging, which is the main thing I suppose. I just hope there's enough content there, the map screen looks very small.

No one's mentioned Star Fox got 35/40 in Famitsu? And guard got 31/40?!

I thought we didn't trust Famitsu anymore? They gave Devil's Third 33/40.