NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

I guess a fair bit of my stance comes down to financial situation as well, then.

The glory days of buying every new release has gone for me, real life and commitments take precedent for me over just picking up the games as and when they come..

I'm largely the same and it's partially for this reason that I consider there to have been a pretty perfect release schedule of Wii U games since it released :heh:

I love picking up a great new Nintendo release every few months but I enjoy having that time in between to play through some of my older games and revisit some classics. The more games you build up, the harder it is to find time to enjoy what you already own.. which is a shame!

Yeah, the sis the problem I've bene in for a long time, so I haven't bought many games at all over the past year (though I probably have bought a tonne but just not as many as usual) and slowly going through my system. Also stopping playing games I'd normally struggle through... I want to play older games and longer lasting games more now, stuff like smash, mario maker, splatoon, battlefront etc

Erm, I hope he's that sarcastic in the game... I also wish the game looked like those puppets... Great advert though!

Genuinely can't make out what Fox says.

Fox: He's the best intergalactic pilot ever to fly the stars. Fox McCloud - His job take on the evil Andross. He's an ace in the arwing, a monster in the land master, a genius in the gyrowing. He's foxy fox mccloud, it's his sky, you're just flying in it.

Peppy: Fox.... Fooox, your finger's on the transmit button

Falco: Heh, nice one Foxy! Hahahahaha

Fox: Nice one Foxy

Love any Star Fox puppet stuff. Still wonder to this day what happened to the original SNES puppets...

Fox: He's the best intergalactic pilot ever to fly the stars. Fox McCloud - His job take on the evil Andross. He's an ace in the arwing, a monster in the land master, a genius in the gyrowing. He's foxy fox mccloud, it's his sky, you're just flying in it.

Peppy: Fox.... Fooox, your finger's on the transmit button

Falco: Heh, nice one Foxy! Hahahahaha

Fox: Nice one Foxy

Ah thanks. I didn't realise Fox was supposed to be the voice over... #worrying.

Ah thanks. I didn't realise Fox was supposed to be the voice over... #worrying.

Worrying why?

That I didn't cotton on.

Ah, so you're worried about your own brain :) Thought you were worried about the advert or something.

Can this be played with the pro controller?

If it's Wii U gamepad only then I am out. Don't like to way it sounds from the previews.

Edited by khilafah

No. The dual screens/motion controls are vital to the gameplay.

If it's Wii U gamepad only then I am out. Don't like to way it sounds from the previews.

you're out.

Unless you have a friend who enjoys playing with the gamepad...

I just wondered why people who bought the Wii U who hate the gamepad so much bought the console - nintendo ip only???

I just wondered why people who bought the Wii U who hate the gamepad so much bought the console - nintendo ip only???

I know that I definitely bought the console in spite of the GamePad. I adored the SNES, loved the GameCube and had an excellent time with the Wii, so it made sense to get the next Nintendo console. I was going to get it for certain before I even knew what it was. It's the only place where you can get Zelda, Metroid, Smash, F Zero, etc.

The guys on Gaf are talking about the end credits of the game, like who worked on what and stuff like that. Someone pointed out that this emotional message pops up at the end of them.

The credits have a very cool homage to Iwata. It says after the end of the credits scene:

This game is dedicated to our wingman who fell in battle.

Man, that hit me hard. :weep:

That advert is awesome! Just wish those puppets were in the game! I replayed Lylat Wars and Star Fox Assault at the weekend to give myself a little refresh on the series before I tuck into Zero in a week or so!

So, when is the review embargo up?

Does someone at n-e have the game ready for review?

I have been looking around the web for anything pertaining to whether Star Fox Guard is going to be an abomination and very few people seem to have even played it. There are also very few videos.

Probably should cancel the first print edition I have pre-ordered, as the game is 20 quid less on the game collection, but something in me is holding on.

That advert is awesome! Just wish those puppets were in the game! I replayed Lylat Wars and Star Fox Assault at the weekend to give myself a little refresh on the series before I tuck into Zero in a week or so!

Probably just me but I hate it being called Lylat Wars, it'll always be Star Fox 64 to me. Same when people refer to Star Fox on the SNES as Starwing... :shakehead

I had NTSC versions of both so it did confuse me when they were eventually released here with different names.

It was all down to a copyright issue with the use of Star Fox in Europe wasn't it?

Reminds me, I need to playthrough Star Fox 64 on the 3DS before Zero is released.

It's looking likely Star Fox Zero will be my first Wii U retail purchase since May 2014.

Now, cheapest place to pre-order it from?

Edited by lostmario

Probably just me but I hate it being called Lylat Wars, it'll always be Star Fox 64 to me. Same when people refer to Star Fox on the SNES as Starwing... :shakehead

See, I'm the complete opposite. Star Fox 64 just sounds so lazy after being used to Lylat Wars for so long.

Starwing is an awful name though. That I agree with.

I wasn't sure were to put this on my list, but as me and my nephew have started playing together, now I going to buy it sooner than expected so we can play co-op.

Is it wrong that I prefer both Starwing and Lylat Wars as names for those games..? :red: