NEurope
Cube

Star Fox Zero

I am really starting to get psyched about this game

Haha.. me too :yay:Starfox Zero seems like I exactly the sort of game I want, and need, right now :hehe:

I'm delighted to see that there are plenty of things to collect in Zero as it'll make going through each stage repeatedly even more interesting and fun! I'm pretty sure Starfox Guard will offer up plenty of fun, too :grin:

And best of all, it has an option to have no motion controls if you're set in your ways like some players and most gaming journalists.

This tweet made me laugh the other day

[tweet]717049794364092416[/tweet]

But I jest. This seems to be exactly what I want. A video game being a video game, trying new stuff while remaining true to its original vision.

Plus, Star Fox Guard looks fun as hell.

I've yet to pre-order it, is the first print edition only available at Game now? Not sure if I trust them really, but I definitely want the first print set.

I've yet to pre-order it, is the first print edition only available at Game now? Not sure if I trust them really, but I definitely want the first print set.

I've not seen it anywhere else outside of the official store :/

It's exclusive to GAME and Nintendo UK store. If you've missed out on the Nintendo UK store preorders then GAME is your only option.

Reluctantly pre-ordered with Game then. I'm not too fussed about receiving it on launch day, but I've had many bad experiences with Game in the past, mainly on the Wii U launch when I pre-ordered the ZombiU bundle, Nintendoland and Mario for a specific price and ended up being charged about £20 more when I went to pick it up because they'd added some of their shitty peripherals. Awful company.

A bit of an aside, but who do you guys recommend for the NX launch? Anyone ordered launch consoles online and got them on launch day? I generally prefer buying consoles from a physical shop, and my choices around here are pretty much Argos or Game, but if anyone has had positive experiences from online stores I'd be happy to give them a go.

Edited by killthenet

Nintendo reveals new details today about the next two games in its fan-favourite Star Fox series: action shooter Star Fox Zero and companion strategy title Star Fox Guard, both launching in Europe on 22nd April exclusively for Wii U.

In the action-packed universe of Star Fox Zero, the TV displays a cinematic view from behind the Arwing while the Wii U GamePad puts players straight into the gunner’s seat, complete with immersive audio and intuitive motion controls for pinpoint aiming. A range of training missions help new recruits to master the game’s unique two-screen gameplay, and as their skills improve, players can return to these training missions to rack up better scores, then take what they’ve learned into the main game to discover new areas and beat their previous best performances.

As players progress through the game they’ll be able to return to earlier missions to find hidden collectibles and alternative routes that offer brand new challenges. For instance, the standard route through the bioweapon-filled planet Fortuna ends with a climactic battle against the imposing Monarch Dodora, but after clearing a certain story mission, confident pilots can return to Fortuna and choose to branch off in pursuit of Star Wolf instead. With multiple paths through the game bringing new challenges and surprises, there’s one to suit every skill level and play style. The Star Fox Zero Squadron trailer on YouTube gives a new look at the action of both Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard.

Pilots up for an even fiercer challenge can tap in their Falco amiibo to unlock the Black Arwing, which has more powerful weapons but weaker defences, making it a potent but fragile weapon. Tapping the Fox amiibo unlocks a retro Arwing styled after the original Super NES Star Fox game, complete with retro music, to be used in the first Corneria stage.

Launching alongside Star Fox Zero is the companion game Star Fox Guard, which puts players in the ultimate security guard job – defending mining sites against waves of robot invaders. The TV screen displays a bank of 12 surveillance camera feeds, each monitoring a different part of the mining site, and it’s up to players to switch between cameras to spot enemies and blast them before they reach the central tower It’ll take supreme awareness and multi-tasking skills to fend off the relentless robot approach, so it helps to have friends on-hand to call out camera numbers that show approaching enemies. Help is also on hand via the Fox and Falco amiibo, which can each be tapped once per day to call in team Star Fox for a powerful air strike that destroys attacking robots.

Successfully clearing missions bestows rare metals, which count towards unlocking additional missions and cameras with special abilities, like slowing enemies down or freezing them in place, adding another layer of strategy to the action. My Squad mode also lets keen tacticians create and upload their own enemy attack patterns to challenge others around the world, or take on other players’ best efforts. Meanwhile, the Star Strategists feature is updated every day to offer a popular challenge from across the globe.

Fans who purchase Star Fox Zero can get a taste of Star Fox Guard’s strategic action with an exclusive downloadable demo, only accessible though the main menu of Star Fox Zero. Save data can be carried over to the full version, so tacticians can pick up where they left off.

From 22nd April, Wii U owners can pick up Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Guard in a limited First Print edition including both games on separate Game Discs, and an exclusive SteelBook® case. This package is the only way to get a physical copy of Star Fox Guard, so collectors won’t want to miss out. Star Fox Guard will also be available as a download code at retail. Meanwhile, those who purchase one title from Nintendo eShop can get a discount of £3.00 / €5.00 off the other, bringing the total price of both games to £49.98 / €59.98. Anyone who wants to get into training can pick up the Nintendo 64 game Star Fox 64, available now in Nintendo eShop for £4.49 / €4.99 (regular price £8.99 / €9.99) until 23:59 (local time) on 21st April 2016.

All prices are Nintendo eShop prices, inclusive of applicable VAT.

Press Release!

Starfox Guard looks really clever and fun actually. Typical Nintendo refresh of an existing genre, in this case tower defence.

Starfox Guard looks really clever and fun actually. Typical Nintendo refresh of an existing genre, in this case tower defence.

Yo, Ronnie, that already happened.

in_the_saloon_by_dragononsteroids-d5c0fp9.jpg

Man, the second game is great...

Providing you can put up with the tosser of a presenter, NintendoLife have a video about the controls in the game.

Yeah, i'm still not convinced. I guess i'll find out how much I like or hate the controls once the game arrives. However, the fact that people are having to put out videos explaining how the controls work are warning signs enough.

Much like the Zelda game in Nintendo Land, I imagine that this will work best if you have an office chair that let's you spin around on. Looks very difficult to play if you play on a sofa.

The controls make perfect sense to me. I bet that most people wont give it a chance though...

In fact, I bet that the game will be fantastic and amazing and the controls will offer a whole new level of gameplay depth (and yes, accuracy) that you could never do with old school controls, but most people online and in the media are so stuck in their ways that they wont accept it :p

Kid Icarus Uprising all over again.

Providing you can put up with the tosser of a presenter, NintendoLife have a video about the controls in the game.

Yeah, i'm still not convinced. I guess i'll find out how much I like or hate the controls once the game arrives. However, the fact that people are having to put out videos explaining how the controls work are warning signs enough.

I'm just thankful I got "kids TV presenter" now rather than tosser ;)

I'm really looking forward to giving this a go. IGN preview said the same, it will take a good couple of hours to get used to the controls. I've got no problem with that and look forward to the feeling when it all clicks into place.

After all, if I wanted it to control exactly like Star Fox 64...I'd just keep playing that! :)

After all, if I wanted it to control exactly like Star Fox 64...I'd just keep playing that! :)

If that's the case then why would you ever buy a new game that has the same control scheme as its previous version? Why not just continue to play those games instead? There's nothing wrong with sticking to what works and not trying to reinvent the wheel all the time.

I'll be honest, I hate motion controls in regular games. I have done for a long time. I was actually glad when the whole fad collapsed at the end of the last generation. I can tolerate them in mini games but the fact that i'm forced to use them in a game I really want to play doesn't sit right with me. It's a large reason why I hate Skyward Sword.

At the end of the day, I go to work for essentially 10 hours, go to the gym for an hour and then head home for the night. The last thing I want to do is sit there waving my arms about and turning left and right to play a game. I just want a pad in my hand and to relax.

IGN suggested that learning the new control scheme is worth it, and lets you pull off some great maneuvers.

People are so resistant to change and different stuff

The thing is, if people don't like motion controls then it's very unlikely that will change.

Motion controls have been there for a long time and I'm pretty sure that the majority of gamers have decided whether or not they enjoy them.

I don't mind "change and different stuff" but motion controls aren't part of that. Haven't been for quite some time now.

The thing is, if people don't like motion controls then it's very unlikely that will change.

Motion controls have been there for a long time and I'm pretty sure that the majority of gamers have decided whether or not they enjoy them.

I don't mind "change and different stuff" but motion controls aren't part of that. Haven't been for quite some time now.

Motion controls have a bad image because people constantly equate them to the waggle-thon that was 2007 and 2008. Subtle motion controls, such as in this and Splatoon are fantastic, though.

Yeah motion controls are new or innovative. They're old hat and annoying.

I won't pick this up until I hear from the people who hate motion controls what it's like. I actually did want a Star Fox that just controlled the same. The original control scheme wasn't broken.

Motion controls have a bad image because people constantly equate them to the waggle-thon that was 2007 and 2008. Subtle motion controls, such as in this and Splatoon are fantastic, though.

Completely missed my point.

Yeah motion controls are new or innovative. They're old hat and annoying.

Make up your mind :D