Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

amiibo (NFC)

Hero-of-Time

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

They're still pushing this grift? 😋

Jokes aside, is it just Smash they're releasing them for now? Used to be a time whereby every big Nintendo game had ones and it seems to have stopped as far as I can recall. 

If Fire Emblem Engage doesn't have some, then yeah, it's probably done once the Smash ones are finished. (Jury is still out on whether Disney OK'd the Sora one though)

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

For anyone still wanting the Smash ones, Nintendo Store finally put Sephiroth and Kazuya up. No idea whey they take a little longer now but got mine each for £12.99

Thanks! Found it strange that they’d promoted the release of the figures on Twitter, but didn’t have them on their own store.  Glad they got them up in the end.  Sounds like they’ve been snapped up in the few others places they were being sold at.

1 hour ago, WackerJr said:

Thanks! Found it strange that they’d promoted the release of the figures on Twitter, but didn’t have them on their own store.  Glad they got them up in the end.  Sounds like they’ve been snapped up in the few others places they were being sold at.

These two, along with the previous one, Minecraft’s Steve and Alex have not gone up for preorders nor were up on release day. 
Sephiroth is now sold out. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, BowserBasher said:

Just got mine in. Just one to go and then minus p2 variants I’ll have a full set of Smash Amiibo. 
Just realised that’s going to be a busy Friday with Pikmin 4 due out the same day. 

So you're firmly in the "Sora"s getting an amiibo" camp then? Can"t say I share your enthusiasm.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

So you're firmly in the "Sora"s getting an amiibo" camp then? Can"t say I share your enthusiasm.

Yes. I believe there is no way Nintendo would have gone with Sora if an Amiibo wasn’t part of the deal. I can’t see what would actually stop it, every other character has had one and I couldn’t see Nintendo getting this far and just saying “oh you won’t get Sora”. There’s just no reason they wouldn’t be able to make him. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...