NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Where's do you get the import from hero and how much? I'm missing a shulk :(

Just from an ebay seller. He was based in Taiwan and they cost £20 a pop. It's still more than what you would pay over here if you were to buy them from Nintendo UK ( although just a fiver more than what GAME are selling them ) but it's certainly cheaper than getting them from UK sellers.

You could just wait for Shulk but i'm not taking that chance. I did that with Little Mac and his UK price model has just gone higher and higher. He is the only one that has never got a restock over here. :(

Toad amiibo in stock on ShopTo, ordered and paid for. :awesome:

Annnnd he arrived today! :D

Packaged in a box, next day delivery, reasonably priced, thanks ShopTo! :)

*That's how you do it Nintendo. :heh:

*In fairness Nintendo have been good for getting me my amiibo thus far, just the Toad cancellation annoyed me a bit.

Toad amiibo is amazing, love it. Though I do wish they'd release a Captain Toad one. Maybe they will for the sequel :)

Packaged in a box, next day delivery, reasonably priced, thanks ShopTo! :)
Is this the norm for amiibo sent from ShopTo now then?

Last one I got from there was shipped in a jiffy bag. :indeed:

Is this the norm for amiibo sent from ShopTo now then?

Last one I got from there was shipped in a jiffy bag. :indeed:

Yeah, they all come in separate boxes now, as seen from my haul yesterday.

image_zpstxmqozdj.jpg

Poor postie. :D

Looks like ARGOS stores have a good haul of the new wave due in. Might grab a Toad, but worried getting one will force me to get them all. Really like the new designs too, agh.

I said just Smash. JUST SMASH!

Oh this new wave you speak of? Is this the one from the last Nintendo Direct that isn't the Smash ones? Are they out?! They looked so good.

But what do these ones do? Anything special?

Oh this new wave you speak of? Is this the one from the last Nintendo Direct that isn't the Smash ones? Are they out?! They looked so good.

Same as the Smash ones in the chip, just different figures and part of the Super Mario Series.

They came with the release of Mario Party 10 which has strong amiibo features.

Same thing the Smash Bros equivalents do. Smash Mario is essentially the same as Mario Series Mario when it comes to scanning them.

The only difference is the physical figurine.

EDIT: Beaten by 1 bloody mini-star.

Toad works with Captain Toad and Mario Party 10.

Do they actually contain the same information on the NFC or do they contain variant info? I don't have any characters I already have Smash versions of on order so I can't check. It would be a little short sighted to not contain variant info.

Do they actually contain the same information on the NFC or do they contain variant info? I don't have any characters I already have Smash versions of on order so I can't check. It would be a little short sighted to not contain variant info.

Same basic information.

NFC chips basically have memory that can write to, and a value indicating what character it is. Mario will always be Mario

Thanks for the replies.

amiibo aren't really my bag, but I like the look of this series much more than the Smash ones.

Same basic information.

NFC chips basically have memory that can write to, and a value indicating what character it is. Mario will always be Mario

Yes, they do. Skylanders (though they use RFID, instead of NFC) contain Character info AND variation info. So you can use a newer version of an old character in an old game but also in a new game as it's variation. So Spyro is always Spyro, but if you have a Mega Ram Spyro and use it in the latest game it'd be that variation.

Looks like ARGOS stores have a good haul of the new wave due in. Might grab a Toad, but worried getting one will force me to get them all. Really like the new designs too, agh.

I said just Smash. JUST SMASH!

Turd's amiibo integration support has been dire(rea). He's the same price as the more intricate models even though he's a simple b@st@rd. What does he support? A lame mini game in CT:TT and a board in MP 10. Woohoo!(said nobody ever)

At least someone like Link can be used in MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Ace Combat, One Piece, Smash Bros. and you know there'll be something for the upcoming Zelda Wii U and who knows what else.

Turd's amiibo integration support has been dire(rea). He's the same price as the more intricate models even though he's a simple b@st@rd. What does he support? A lame mini game in CT:TT and a board in MP 10. Woohoo!(said nobody ever)

At least someone like Link can be used in MK8, Hyrule Warriors, Ace Combat, One Piece, Smash Bros. and you know there'll be something for the upcoming Zelda Wii U and who knows what else.

For the 82nd time, they're cool figurines first, in-game content second. I personally wouldn't care less if the TOAD amiibo didn't do anything in any game. I just want it on my desk.

You really don't seem to understand amiibo. Yes, not all amiibo will have massive features and yes, all amiibo have the same RRP. Nintendo have said that it is an intentional choice and I have explained it to you. They're not doing variation in prices based on "simplicity". Seriously, grow up. You continue to act like a child.

Edited by Serebii

You really don't seem to understand amiibo. Yes, not all amiibo will have massive features and yes, all amiibo have the same RRP. Nintendo have said that. They're not doing variation in prices based on "simplicity". Seriously, grow up.

I understand it plenty, that's why I'm staying away from it. It's possibly the thin end of the wedge and it's convenient for Nintendo to keep them all the same price regardless, more money for nothing.

I understand it plenty, that's why I'm staying away from it. It's possibly the thin end of the wedge and it's convenient for Nintendo to keep them all the same price regardless, more money for nothing.

No, that's not how it works. The price isn't the upper price, it's likely a middle so while they may make more money on say Kirby, they lose more on Shulk

No, that's not how it works. The price isn't the upper price, it's likely a middle so while they may make more money on say Kirby, they lose more on Shulk

Of corse it is Serebii, I knew you'd say that. Thank you for that Managing Director of Nintendo.

Of corse it is Serebii, I knew you'd say that. Thank you for that Managing Director of Nintendo.

Yeah, so illogical to go based on what they said rather than an immature childish view

I bought the Bowser Smash Amiibo, but have not even used it once in Smash.

The figurine was cool, that's why I bought it.

Oh, and Toad can be used in Hyrule Warriors. 3 games is more than most of the Smash lineup.

And the Mario Party 10 intergration is a bit more than just play on a board.

The Toad Amiibo has different abilities to the others, and you collect equippable items when you play with it.

Try not to make assumptions.

Yeah, so illogical to go based on what they said rather than an immature childish view

Right because Nintendo have never lied before. Do really think they sat down a year ago or whenever with a weighing scales and said well we've got 20 simple amiibo coming and 40 intricate amiibo solet's find a balance. What happens for the ones that weren't planned then? Nintendo made sure recently to increase the price of amiibo in Canada didn't they to compensate for it's weakness against the US Dollar though didn't they? amiibo are playing a big part in Nintendo's return to profit. Do you think they're making pennies off each amiibo sold?

Right because Nintendo have never lied before. Do really think they sat down a year ago or whenever with a weighing scales and said well we've got 20 simple amiibo coming and 40 intricate amiibo solet's find a balance. What happens for the ones that weren't planned then? Nintendo made sure recently to increase the price of amiibo in Canada didn't they to compensate for it's weakness against the US Dollar though didn't they?

Stop being so tight-arsed. Again, they are FIGURINES first. In-game content second, a bonus if you will. The quality is great.

I bought the Bowser Smash Amiibo, but have not even used it once in Smash.

The figurine was cool, that's why I bought it.

Oh, and Toad can be used in Hyrule Warriors. 3 games is more than most of the Smash lineup.

And the Mario Party 10 intergration is a bit more than just play on a board.

The Toad Amiibo has different abilities to the others, and you collect equippable items when you play with it.

Try not to make assumptions.

Sorry I missed out on that in MP10. And I thought it was just the Smash characters in Hyrule Warriors.

Who will probably have something going for him with that new Xenoblade comes out.