NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Well yes, but they're being specific here in their statement of duration from beginning of production to being in store.

I cannot read their scribblings that they call writing.

Can you give me the timeline lowdown?

In May and in Japan. Will the west see a restock of the various waves? I'm not so sure. Japan hasn't really had a stock issue, which is why many people have resorted to importing them. The west on the other hand have had stock issues since December, yet Nintendo continue to announce more and more waves.

Basically I will believe it when I see it. I don't take everything Nintendo say as gospel.

I understand all the negativity, but I'm confident they'll restock everything, I genuinely think the success has took them by surprise and they'll re-release all figures eventually, I don't have Shulk but not worrying about it.

Hope I'm not being naive!! SURELY we'll see them all.

As for platoon Amiibo, I'm well up for that, think the character designs are great!

Really Want Sarfox and the Zelda game ones too... I want everything. Nintendo have dug the stupid claws in me with these things!!

lol, not blaming Nintendo for the shortages is like blaming Foxconn for iPhone/iPad shortages.

They simply didn't realise the demand would be so high. I'm sure after the initial runs which had been planned prior to launch they'll get better at supplying the stock. I just hope that they don't change to cheaper production methods to do so because the quality of the amiibos so far have, on average, been pretty good.

Yeah, how dare I blame the company at hand, the company who is actually at fault for the issue that has befallen with the cancelled preorders. Yes, Nintendo's name is on it, but we here are smart enough to know better. Stop trying to be pedantic to further a feud.

As I said - I don't believe you understand how business actually works so I'll ask you the simplest of questions for this;

If, for some reason, somehow wanted to file a case legally for this - who would they have to file it against? Nintendo, or The Hut Group?

To my knowledge there has been 1 major restock since the launch of wave 2 and even then it was limited to the Nintendo UK store and they still didn't get all of them in. In terms of retail there hasn't been any restock at all. Both GAME and Argos haven't had the likes of Little Mac in stock since launch and most stores didn't even get Shulk, Meta Knight or Dedede.

Just last week I was talking to a guy who works in GAME about the situation. He said they didn't get enough of wave 3 to even fill preorders and the preorders themselves weren't even that high. They haven't had a single wave 2 and beyond figure restocked.

As for using logic, this rarely applies when talking about Nintendo these days. Regardless if I had been burned or not, the handling of this has been a total cock up and it's been a lesson in how not to launch a product, something Nintendo are becoming very familiar with.

I wasn't saying that there weren't issues. I never said they weren't responsible for the stock shortages. What I was arguing against was people blaming Nintendo for the horrible thing that happened to your pre-orders. Nintendo do need to sort stock out.

I cannot read their scribblings that they call writing.

Can you give me the timeline lowdown?

The press release states it takes several months from the commencement of production of a figure until it is out in stores.

Basically, based on the CPSIA of the amiibo that have been published, Wave 5 (April wave) had production begin in January for release in April. We had similar saying December for the March Super Mario Series wave.

Now, with this timeline, we can extrapolate that, if they worked out shortage issues in December, they'd have ramped up production then and so we should start seeing some restock towards the end of this month. It's possible that some of the lower amounts anticipated of the wave from last month could be due to shifting of production from them to the older models

The CPSIA have also been updated to show newer manufacturing months for many of them. For example, Zelda http://cpsia.nintendo.com/100457/100457.pdf

Originally it was just September and October for December launch and January restock, but they then started adding more.

Ones such as Shulk started off here: http://cpsia.nintendo.com/100974/100974.pdf Just November. Now, one can anticipate that they would have been November/December, but having to restock many of the others would have dented this.

There's likely to be a backlog. It may be several months before we have everything back up to scratch. We also need to wait for these to be update with updated production additions, which they likely will be soon.

As I said - I don't believe you understand how business actually works so I'll ask you the simplest of questions for this;

If, for some reason, somehow wanted to file a case legally for this - who would they have to file it against? Nintendo, or The Hut Group?

The Hut Group

Edited by Serebii

The Hut Group

Lol, and what would you file against them for? Breach of service with you?

Incorrect. You wouldn't be allowed to as they'd have been contracted by Nintendo and all your agreements would be with Nintendo, and you'd have to file against Nintendo. Nintendo would then be within their own rights to pursue their losses against The Hut Group, but whilst they manage Nintendo's online store affairs, your agreements are with Nintendo. Admittedly I'm assuming here, as I haven't ordered recently, but I'm pretty sure it'll all be via Nintendo.

Hence, as I said - you don't understand business(stuff like this happens all the time in business, and dazzybee's was a prime example) and it IS Nintendo's fault.

The press release states it takes several months from the commencement of production of a figure until it is out in stores.

And there's the bullshit from Nintendo. I can walk to work in about 15 minutes. I could make it last an hour and say that the commencement of my leaving the house means I will be there in the quickest time possible.

And there's the bullshit from Nintendo. I can walk to work in about 15 minutes. I could make it last an hour and say that the commencement of my leaving the house means I will be there in the quickest time possible.

You don't have all the facts to make such an assertion. If you want quality merchandise, it does take time. This isn't like printing a disc to make up for undershipping a game.

I wasn't saying that there weren't issues. I never said they weren't responsible for the stock shortages. What I was arguing against was people blaming Nintendo for the horrible thing that happened to your pre-orders. Nintendo do need to sort stock out.

Basically, based on the CPSIA of the amiibo that have been published, Wave 5 (April wave) had production begin in January for release in April. We had similar saying December for the March Super Mario Series wave.

Now, with this timeline, we can extrapolate that, if they worked out shortage issues in December, they'd have ramped up production then and so we should start seeing some restock towards the end of this month. It's possible that some of the lower amounts anticipated of the wave from last month could be due to shifting of production from them to the older models

The CPSIA have also been updated to show newer manufacturing months for many of them. For example, Zelda http://cpsia.nintendo.com/100457/100457.pdf

Originally it was just September and October for December launch and January restock, but they then started adding more.

Ones such as Shulk started off here: http://cpsia.nintendo.com/100974/100974.pdf Just November. Now, one can anticipate that they would have been November/December, but having to restock many of the others would have dented this.

There's likely to be a backlog. It may be several months before we have everything back up to scratch. We also need to wait for these to be update with updated production additions, which they likely will be soon.

Edit: I have to edit my comment unfortunately as I can't find the article, luckily for you.

Edited by Wii

You don't have all the facts to make such an assertion. If you want quality merchandise, it does take time. This isn't like printing a disc to make up for undershipping a game.

To be fair, you don't have all the facts either, just a very vague statement which is open to wide interpretation and you have taken it as the minimum length of time required to make a model. It's a plastic model and a chip (hardly quality merchandise, this isn't a handmade suit). It simply does not take several months to manufacture them.

Things don't appear to be getting better.

January brought about Wave 4 amiibo manufacturing

Every amiibo in the Wave 4 lineup was manufactured within one month's time. That means that at the very most, they were given 31 days of manufacturing (all were created in January). Now remember, that doesn't mean that each Wave 4 amiibo saw 31 days of production. We just know that certain allotments were created in January.

Keeping things positive, we may see that another round of manufacturing came in February. That won't be updated on the CPSIA certification page until later in March. We also don't know how allotments work, as in how many units of each amiibo were made. Keep your fingers crossed, gang!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/248632-january-brought-about-wave-4-amiibo-manufacturing

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1005535

Amiibo Hunter: Smash Bros. Wave 4 Rarity!

Game at skeg have quite a few in, megaman, lucario, samus, Yoshi, bowser, peach, Mario.. Dk. £14.99 each.

Wow, what a load of...

I've seen you defend Nintendo in some ridiculous ways before, but this really does take the biscuit.

Nintendo chose to rely on The Hut, a group who also own Zavvi, who we all know have a reputation for shitty practices. So Nintendo have hired them either knowing this, or not having done research - very much placing the blame at their feet.

I'm not sure you're even aware of what you're arguing, because it's so ridiculous. I could create a company and hire the biggest fuckwads to manage individual aspects of it...then it'd be their fault when it goes tits up? No, it'd be my fault. It'd very much be my fault.

Also, telling Rummy 'that's not how business works'? Clearly it's you who doesn't have a clue!

Wow, what a load of...

I've seen you defend Nintendo in some ridiculous ways before, but this really does take the biscuit.

Nintendo chose to rely on The Hut, a group who also own Zavvi, who we all know have a reputation for shitty practices. So Nintendo have hired them either knowing this, or not having done research - very much placing the blame at their feet.

I'm not sure you're even aware of what you're arguing, because it's so ridiculous. I could create a company and hire the biggest fuckwads to manage individual aspects of it...then it'd be their fault when it goes tits up? No, it'd be my fault. It'd very much be my fault.

Also, telling Rummy 'that's not how business works'? Clearly it's you who doesn't have a clue!

I do know exactly how business works, thank you very much. Just because I don't pander to your "oh woe is me, Nintendo sucks" bull that you continue to push here doesn't mean I don't understand things.

This situation is the fault of The Hut Group. Yes, Nintendo chose them to run the store, but that doesn't mean individual issues are their fault. If there was nothing but issues, then fine it is Nintendo's, but put blame where it's due. It's irrational and illogical to remove the blame from those actually at fault just to maintain your continual bias and hatred towards Nintendo.

It's like here. I'm constantly attacked by the likes of you. Do I pass the buck and blame Ashley since he runs the site? No. I blame you. That's how the world works. Don't like it, or what I post, then put me on your ignore list and piss off.

Serebii, you've just shown that you don't know how business works. So don't come to me and tell me you do know, because nobody here is buying it. And just preemptively let me say don't you dare bring up your Pokemon website to try and make some irrelevant argument that you do; all that'll demonstrate is arrogance and big headedness.

Nintendo chose them, and they have a reputation. It's Nintendo's fault. All you do by defending Nintendo in this situation is reconfirm your position as this site's greatest Nintendo fanboy.

Edited by Sheikah

The service from the Nintendo online store is in general pretty good.

There's two, completely separate issues here - the first is the under-production of Amiibo, that's Nintendo's fault. Whether the situation will get better, we'll see, but they've said they will produce more. They probably severely underestimated the popularity of them in the UK - remember this country is a market where Nintendo has never been very popular except during the Wii era. They're also a product that takes up a lot of shelf/storage space - if they'd made too many/they weren't popular, it'd have been a very costly mistake.

The second is orders like Hero-of-Time's being completely cancelled - that should never have happened and that's The Hut Group's fault. You can argue that Nintendo shouldn't have chosen them to run their store so are at fault, but the Hut Group are directly at fault for this issue, and as I said, generally, they are good, if they don't resolve the problem, that's really poor and HoT taking his business elsewhere would be very understandable.

All this talk about legal action/breach of contract etc. "you don't know how business works" "no you don't!" is completely silly though. None of us know Nintendo's exact contract/deal with The Hut so to speculate on their arrangements is pointless.

Edited by Mr-Paul

The Hut are generally not good, they have a pretty bad reputation and they also own Zavvi (which as we know, are god damn bad). So it's Nintendo's fault for hiring them.

You've also got to take into account that there's most likely been a lack of communication. Nintendo could easily have relayed instructions about cancelling orders and what to do, given that they would naturally have been informing The Hut about their stock shortages. Again, you can't just wash your hands and say 'that's The Hut's fault, not Nintendo's'.

The service from the Nintendo online store is in general pretty good.

There's two, completely separate issues here - the first is the under-production of Amiibo, that's Nintendo's fault. Whether the situation will get better, we'll see, but they've said they will produce more. They probably severely underestimated the popularity of them in the UK - remember this country is a market where Nintendo has never been very popular except during the Wii era. They're also a product that takes up a lot of shelf/storage space - if they'd made too many/they weren't popular, it'd have been a very costly mistake.

The second is orders like Hero-of-Time's being completely cancelled - that should never have happened and that's The Hut Group's fault. You can argue that Nintendo shouldn't have chosen them to run their store so are at fault, but the Hut Group are directly at fault for this issue, and as I said, generally, they are good, if they don't resolve the problem, that's really poor and HoT taking his business elsewhere would be very understandable.

All this talk about legal action/breach of contract etc. "you don't know how business works" "no you don't!" is completely silly though. None of us know Nintendo's exact contract/deal with The Hut so to speculate on their arrangements is pointless.

Finally some common sense, in amongst the usual Nintendo sucks

I want to know how you know it's The Hut's fault. Could Nintendo not have relayed what to do in the case of cancelling preorders in line with the new '1 per customer' policy? They obviously informed The Hut about the stock issues for them to start cancelling orders, so why not also brief on how to go about cancelling them in a very precise way?

Even negligence when dealing with shitty practice companies makes it the fault of Nintendo. Hiring a company that has the control to make these decisions autonomously, again, brings blame back at their feet. They are ultimately responsible for the customers who have bought from them.

Whatever way you slice it, they went to a crappy company who delivered a crappy service. No way can you wash all blame away from Nintendo on this one.

Edited by Sheikah

No ones a bigger Nintendo fan than me, but that's nothing to do with objectively looking at a situation. Only truly desperate people would not blame Nintendo in this instance. It really is staggering this conversation. And serebii no you clearl dont know how it works, theres nothing wrong with that, you don't have to get defensive about it, but you don't know. Nintendo are the ones who are going to suffer because of this, and it IS their responsibility when the decisions they have made backfire.

But it's really dull, can we chat about something else.

Is it almost Christmas yet? Loved that one week where everybody was a little nicer and made resolutions to not constantly attack eachother :blank:

On the subject: I currently only miss Rosalina in my collection while she is arguably my least favorite Nintendo character. Still I'm doing daily searches for availability. I feel so stupid.... :(

But it's really dull, can we chat about something else.

It's been 10 hours since we last moaned about voice chat, so that's overdue some conversation time.

It's been 10 hours since we last moaned about voice chat, so that's overdue some conversation time.

But amiibo can't voice chat. Unless they did those hideous sound bites like those Star Wars figures....

I preferred it when we spoke of ideas for these in games. So if splatoon does have them, what could do they do? I axtually think they Could use all amiibo, having costume pieces with characters on would be amazing! Character hats, full on costumes for Samus or whatever, could be amazing!

It isn't silly. I'm telling you that, legally, you would have to pursue Nintendo and NOT The Hut Group - I can't believe how ignorantly naive people are to think to apportion blame to The Hut Group here - and it is ONLY because people know that it THEM who run Nintendo's online store. In plenty of other business it's probably very similar - but nobody will ever lay blame in those instances at whoever's sub-contracted by the company you're dealing with to run their services, it'll be laid at the company you're dealing with. As V. Amaleo said - would you blame Foxconn for iPhone/iPad shortages?

The details of Nintendo's 'exact contact/deal with The Hut' is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Moreso the fact we DON'T know it is exactly testament to why the blame lays with Nintendo - you are NOT dealing with The Hut Group when you buy via the store, you are dealing with Nintendo.

For someone to say they understand business and yet cannot understand this rather simple distinction is quite astonishing for how contradictory it is.

/capital LETTERS.

Edited by Rummy

But amiibo can't voice chat. Unless they did those hideous sound bites like those Star Wars figures....

I preferred it when we spoke of ideas for these in games. So if splatoon does have them, what could do they do? I axtually think they Could use all amiibo, having costume pieces with characters on would be amazing! Character hats, full on costumes for Samus or whatever, could be amazing!

Yeah clothing depending on the amiibo you scan in seems pretty likely. Probably too much to ask but weapons based on amiibo's would be fun too, so if you scan in a Mario one you can use a FLUDD type thing, bombs from Link, rainbow paint from Kirby etc