NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

A lot of UK retailers allow for international orders. The yanks have been importing our stock.

Looks like cases are on the way.

HERE

I may as well just get my pay transferred into Nintendo's bank account on a monthly basis.

I know, it's ridiculous isn't it :) Though I'm thinking I don't want the Animal Crossing cards... Though that may change when we get closer...

I wonder if there's a set I wouldn't want... Tragic... Thirty bloody five years old....

Aw man, people are going crazy with browser-alerts on every EU webshop that has any amiibo at all.

This is going too far now, there are subreddits full with people lurking for any chance of preordering more of the same amiibo just in case one gets a rare status.

I'm not going to pre-order anymore and instead just take my chances on launch day with retailers. Worked out for me except for Rosalina.

Just hope Nintendo will produce more of the "rarer" amiibo, rather sooner than later.

Just stop this madness... It's really putting me off :(

Aw man, people are going crazy with browser-alerts on every EU webshop that has any amiibo at all.

This is going too far now, there are subreddits full with people lurking for any chance of preordering more of the same amiibo just in case one gets a rare status.

I'm not going to pre-order anymore and instead just take my chances on launch day with retailers. Worked out for me except for Rosalina.

Just hope Nintendo will produce more of the "rarer" amiibo, rather sooner than later.

Just stop this madness... It's really putting me off :(

As @Hero\-of\-Time and I have said, it doesn't help that they delayed the US waves for them to get more stock. Now it's just US people getting orders in on ours. That's why ShopTo is being hammered

Yep, that makes things even worse. Shop exclusives are a very annoying choice. And the whole idea of store exclusives is to get more customers to come to your store. Can't imagine any retailer or Nintendo being happy with this situation.

The shortages drive customers insane and attract all sorts of scum (scalpers and the likes).

What do you think keeps Nintendo from a public statement in regards to this situation?

Something along the lines of: "We will make sure that everybody gets the chance to buy his or her favourite amiibo. Just have patience because demand is far higher than we ever imagined. As long as there is demand, we will continue producing every single figure. Please understand"

Customers need reassurance to keep them from anxiously placing multiple preorders and paying scalper prices on Ebay and such.

Nintendo should just come out and say don't worry, we will be releasing all amiibo again so everyone who wants one, gets one. That'll stop the scalping.

Would the Wii have been such a huge success if there weren't lots of sold out signs and massive demand for months after release?

I'm not saying the big N are purposefully holding back but I do think the amiibo craze is partially down to the shortage.

Nintendo should just come out and say don't worry, we will be releasing all amiibo again so everyone who wants one, gets one. That'll stop the scalping.

Exactly my point! : peace:

Would the Wii have been such a huge success if there weren't lots of sold out signs and massive demand for months after release?

I'm not saying the big N are purposefully holding back but I do think the amiibo craze is partially down to the shortage.

Of course it is, but I'm fairly confident this wasn't on purpose.

I'm even guessing it has some bad influence on the fans/collectors.

People are getting more and more annoyed by the situation, I'm one of them :indeed:

Kinda makes it funny that they inadvertently predicted it.

If only they realised!

I'm getting really worried about getting my Greninja... How is someone with limited internet access supposed to get one?

I'm getting really worried about getting my Greninja... How is someone with limited internet access supposed to get one?

Go straight to the factory and start grabbing them for yourself?

I would just wait for Nintendo UK store. So much safer getting them from there. Shop.to just want as many preorders as possible, regardless of if they can fulfil them or not.

Me whenever I click into this thread:

giphy.gif

They're just plastic figures that you're paying a lot of money for...

The worst part is... I can't even properly justify it myself. ::shrug:

It's... just a compulsion to buy them so that I can have a set of Smash Bros trophies on display. :blank:

I'll do a feature for the site on them though when I've got the Smash set if you like? : peace:

There we are... partially justified purchase, original content for N-E! :heh:

Who am I trying to kid though? I know they are just plastic figures ultimately. :indeed:

But they are so shiny... >.>'

The worst part is... I can't even properly justify it myself. ::shrug:

It's... just a compulsion to buy them so that I can have a set of Smash Bros trophies on display. :blank:

I'll do a feature for the site on them though when I've got the Smash set if you like? : peace:

There we are... partially justified purchase, original content for N-E! :heh:

Who am I trying to kid though? I know they are just plastic figures ultimately. :indeed:

But they are so shiny... >.>'

I imagine that once you buy one, you then have the mindset of, "well...may as well get them all now!"

I imagine that once you buy one, you then have the mindset of, "well...may as well get them all now!"

Essentially yes... they're like Pokémon figures, except there aren't as many, indeed some of them even are 'mon figures but you've gotta catch 'em all... if you can, when they are in stock, funds and levels of sanity permitting. :heh:

I realise this wasn't a very good analogy. :indeed:

But in the beginning believe it or not, I just thought I'd be buying Mario, Samus, Link and possibly Kirby... along with Villager, just because!

How wrong I turned out to be. :(

Essentially yes... they're like Pokémon figures, except there aren't as many, indeed some of them even are 'mon figures but you've gotta catch 'em all... if you can, when they are in stock, funds and levels of sanity permitting. :heh:

I realise this wasn't a very good analogy. :indeed:

But in the beginning believe it or not, I just thought I'd be buying Mario, Samus, Link and possibly Kirby... along with Villager, just because!

How wrong I turned out to be. :(

Exactly this, couldn't have said it better myself!

Before the launch of the first wave I was convinced that I only wanted Dedede, Bowser, Pit and Falcon. Maybe R.O.B., Mr Game & Watch and Duck Hunt Duo... But that was it.

Now I want the complete Smash collection and need to refrain myself from buying any from the other series. But that Squid looks so tempting! I wasn't that interested in Splatoon and now I'm eyeballing the sh*t out of that amiibo bundle :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

I've got a Link Amiibo. Inkling Girl will be my second Amiibo.

I haven't felt the desire to collect many.

Exactly this, couldn't have said it better myself!

Before the launch of the first wave I was convinced that I only wanted Dedede, Bowser, Pit and Falcon. Maybe R.O.B., Mr Game & Watch and Duck Hunt Duo... But that was it.

Now I want the complete Smash collection and need to refrain myself from buying any from the other series. But that Squid looks so tempting! I wasn't that interested in Splatoon and now I'm eyeballing the sh*t out of that amiibo bundle :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

You know you want to :p

You know you want to :p

It's getting crowded on my left shoulder... Don't really need another Devils advocate :heh:

It's getting crowded on my left shoulder... Don't really need another Devils advocate :heh:

Tell you what, why don't you just give me your future Greninja amiibo then?

I will happily shoulder the burden.

As long as I get it for free.

I really hope they never do a full set of pokemon Amiibo...because firstly i'd be bankrupt and secondly you know certain ones would be so under produced the secondary market would be the only place to get them, pants down and brace yourself only place to get them

Forget Pokemon. I'm hoping they don't do Amiibo for Fire Emblem If.

Or when Nintendo start making Pikmin amiibo and they just make lots of the various Pikmin types, but in different poses or fighting different enemies. :shakehead