NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I dunno. As I mentioned when all of this fiasco started, this has given me a way out of the collecting scene. I do love the figures but they are very expensive. :D I will see what the next email from them says...

This is one thing I think gets overlooked often - the damage that can be done to their products and reputations by allowing stupid things like this to happen in the first place. The only Amiibo I've bought is Toon Link, though I'd likely have bought more if they were available when I wanted them. By time they get come back round in stock I'm not sure if I'll care as much to be bothered.

EDIT:Aaaand I've just recalled that he's in my jacket pocket and has been for a week or two now. He's gotten a bit gammy/scuff(had pens run in the pocket in the past I think) - anyone know about cleaning amiibo up? :(

Edited by Rummy

I went in thinking I'd collect every single Smash amiibo to collect and get the occasional doubles to open and use/display. In the end I realised it was just a waste of money getting things like Pokemon or Fire Emblem characters I didn't care about or even know. So from wave 4 onwards I'm just getting the ones I really like. Getting a double of the Toad amiibo though, one cause it looks great and two to use in Captain Toad.

Toon Link is my favourite so far, the only one I've opened

Aaaand I've just recalled that he's in my jacket pocket and has been for a week or two now. He's gotten a bit gammy/scuff(had pens run in the pocket in the past I think) - anyone know about cleaning amiibo up? :(

What's that?

Listen...

I think that's the sound of Amiibo collectors having a collective heart attack.

This is one thing I think gets overlooked often - the damage that can be done to their products and reputations by allowing stupid things like this to happen in the first place. The only Amiibo I've bought is Toon Link, though I'd likely have bought more if they were available when I wanted them. By time they get come back round in stock I'm not sure if I'll care as much to be bothered.

EDIT:Aaaand I've just recalled that he's in my jacket pocket and has been for a week or two now. He's gotten a bit gammy/scuff(had pens run in the pocket in the past I think) - anyone know about cleaning amiibo up? :(

If there's ink on him that would be very difficult to clean I'd guess. You could try using some white spirits, maybe dilute it a bit first, it could be damaging to the plastic and paintwork. Is he completely painted because some of him looks like the colour is in the resin? Or you could try spray painting him gold or silver like the Mario amiibo.

Try using an antibacterial wipe, they seem to work well for a lot of plastic items such as console shells or control pads, obviously be a bit careful though as it might take away the paintwork.

From Gaf...

Hi,

I don't know the state of this subreddit about infos/rumors, but this is what i got from multiple french forums. This comes from Micromania's employee ( it's like Gamestop ) who got in touch with Nintendo's commercial or something. I hope it doesn't go against rules 10.

For the wave 4 of Amiibo, it will be on April 24. 6000 Charizard 6000 Wario (like sonic & megaman ) and 2000 for the other four (Robin, Lucina, Ness and Pacman or the same amount as Shulk, Dadidou and MK). These numbers are for the retailers (in this case, for Micromania only), not the whole country. There's this picture too

Up to 100 Amiibo are planned for the moment

Replenishment of Little mac, Rosalina, WiiFit train & Villagers to France by the end of the year.

No replenishment for Shulk planned for Xenoblade or even later.

HyYn4kQ.jpg

I was listening to NVC this morning and Mark Macdonald was on and the IGN guys were asking him about the Amiibo situation in Japan. He was saying how you can just walk into a store a pick them up and get them from Amazon pretty easily. This isn't the first time he's said this ( they've discussed it before on 8-4 ) which begs the question: Why are Japan getting their shipments first if there are already plenty on the shelves? Surely the west is in more need of them?

He isn't looking too terrible, just some dark scuffs on him(not even sure what it is, might not be ink as this is an old jacket that's been a lot of places!). His sword's got a little bent inwards though. Can't believe I forgot he was in there. Gave him a wipe with an anti-bacterial wipe we use at work, and it's cleaned him up a little. He had a scuff on his cheek that looked like he'd gotten a bit dirty adventuring, was kinda cute.

He isn't looking too terrible, just some dark scuffs on him(not even sure what it is, might not be ink as this is an old jacket that's been a lot of places!). His sword's got a little bent inwards though. Can't believe I forgot he was in there. Gave him a wipe with an anti-bacterial wipe we use at work, and it's cleaned him up a little. He had a scuff on his cheek that looked like he'd gotten a bit dirty adventuring, was kinda cute.

You have no idea how hurt I am reading this. :(

You have no idea how hurt I am reading this. :(

Bloody hell! I was only messing around.

Maybe people have had heart attacks...

Is everyone still alive out there!?

Mehh, I was never attempting to keep him mint, but I probably shouldn't put him in bags/pockets too often.

zTmfkKJ.jpg

^Just to re-assure you he isn't too terrible. That sword bend though >:( Tbh I'm not even sure how good he looked when I got him, he could be just the same!

No new shulk? That better not be true. Nintendo need to keep rereleasing all these so everyone can get them and scampers are left screwed. Im patient, I undertsand the logistical difficulties of how popular they are, but for God sake get more out eventually!

Just got an email off the Nintendo store saying that on Monday I can reorder all the ones they cancelled but only 1 of each, of course.

This has made me happy. Had a rotten day in bed due to suffering from the Brad Pitts and this news has made me feel a little better. :)

So people got emails from nintendo? I thought they would've received emails from the hut group...

So people got emails from nintendo? I thought they would've received emails from the hut group...

Read the post. E-mail from the Nintendo Store.

Read the post. E-mail from the Nintendo Store.

I wasn't being serious, obviously. But still Nintendo store, not thehut.co.uk :P

I wasn't being serious, obviously. But still Nintendo store, not thehut.co.uk :P

The Nintendo Store is a frontend while The Hut Group runs the backend

Let's not go through this again :p

So much for being able to repurchase cancelled amiibos... :blank:

So much for being able to repurchase cancelled amiibos... :blank:

It was a bit of a farce. The site was open to everyone, not just those who had them cancelled. They also didn't get all of them in stock for preorder. They had all of the Mario Party ones and Wario and Pac-Man up at 4pm but they all sold out again pretty quickly. Like I said, a bit of a farce.

That's ridiculous. Did any of you manage to get any of them?

Luckily I went into work early and finished early. I got in at just after 4pm and managed to get an order in for the lot of them. I'm still not happy with the service though. Had I not been in early I would have missed them. We were also promised that we could preorder them all again but that clearly wasn't the case.

Luckily I went into work early and finished early. I got in at just after 4pm and managed to get an order in for the lot of them. I'm still not happy with the service though. Had I not been in early I would have missed them. We were also promised that we could preorder them all again but that clearly wasn't the case.

Thinking of shifting my orders from NUK back to ShopTo after seeing all this :/

My toad, bowser and mario are on their way!

Terrified about the next wave though, I know game are going to fuck me!

Then I presume splatoon amiibo for may?

My toad, bowser and mario are on their way!

Terrified about the next wave though, I know game are going to fuck me!

Then I presume splatoon amiibo for may?

Splatoon, Greninja and Jigglypuff if the South African retailer is right, and so far it has panned out.