NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

I hate you for showing me that.

I still miss pwning with Lucas.

Yeah, I miss Lucas too, he had something that I missed compared to Ness.

Felt like he had a little bit more oomph in his smashes and I preferred his recovery.

And of course that stylish hairdo! :awesome:

Ahh brought a tear. But as soon as it came it went. Lucas was only good for his cool hair. Sorrynotsorry.

Nintendo of America have just posted on Facebook that more Marth Amiibos will be released alongside Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

hopefully some will wing our way too

Nintendo of America have just posted on Facebook that more Marth Amiibos will be released alongside Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.

hopefully some will wing our way too

Confirmed! Ike and Lucina officially not cool enough for America!

Nintendo is doing new shipments of Captain Falcon, Little Mac, and Villager to Japan. They also state that it takes several months from start of production to being in store for each figure, since some are hand painted. That explains a lot.

Are the gc adapters hand-painted too....?

:D

What about Lucas? Oh, wait... :cry:
8u84YME.jpg

Popped round to JonDedede's with my wiiu and smash yesterday - Dark Pit came up on the random and he was asking if he was a whole new character - he(and me) couldn't really get our head around why he was given the cuts they made elsewhere. Does kinda annoy me, especially as Pit is one of my lesser liked characters for some reason.

Are the gc adapters hand-painted too....?

:D

Popped round to JonDedede's with my wiiu and smash yesterday - Dark Pit came up on the random and he was asking if he was a whole new character - he(and me) couldn't really get our head around why he was given the cuts they made elsewhere. Does kinda annoy me, especially as Pit is one of my lesser liked characters for some reason.

Because they don't make a specific amount of character slots and then fill them. Sakurai has explained it. Dark Pit, like Dr. Mario and Lucina started off as alts for their base characters, but then it was decided that they should work a little differently so were altered. The work on them is much, much less than the work for returning and new characters.

Because they don't make a specific amount of character slots and then fill them. Sakurai has explained it. Dark Pit, like Dr. Mario and Lucina started off as alts for their base characters, but then it was decided that they should work a little differently so were altered. The work on them is much, much less than the work for returning and new characters.

And the GC adapters? :heh:

Well, my Amiibo collecting days are over.

I got an email off Nintendo store the other day saying that they were cancelling one of my Mario Party Yoshi orders. I ordered two of each Amiibo before they placed a restriction on them. Fair enough, I thought.

I decided to log in today and check my preorders only to find they have cancelled EVERY preorder that I have. It's an absolutely shocking move because these were placed before the restriction came into play. They also didn't even give me the chance to at least keep 1 preorder of each and just done a clean sweep of the lot of them.

I'll now be putting all the ones I have on ebay. Well done, Nintendo, you just saved me a bunch of money and have lost a customer.

Homer.gif

Wow that is awful. :(

Don't understand why they don't just downgrade the orders to one only (or at least give you the option.)

Stock must be really bad. Few weeks back I thought about getting Lucina which would have been a clear two months before she was supposed to be released. Out of stock two months before even release? How can it be this bad?

I decided to log in today and check my preorders only to find they have cancelled EVERY preorder that I have.
Man, that is messed up.

Just when you think the amiibo situation can't be handled any worse... :hmm:

Man, that is messed up.

Just when you think the amiibo situation can't be handled any worse... :hmm:

Indeed. Absolutely shocking service from, Nintendo.

Part of me isn't bothered that this has happened as it has given me an excuse to get out of the Amiibo game. Still, it's awful that it's went down like this.

Between the lack of Wii U software, the Amiibo situation, Zelda faceplate orders getting mixed up and the GC adaptor still nowhere to be found, you have wonder just what the hell is going on with Nintendo at the moment?

I ordered two Toads and had one of them cancelled but for them to cancel ALL of your pre-orders?!? :blank:

That seems overly harsh. :(

I don't blame you for wanting to eBay the lot @Hero\-of\-Time though it's sad to see that happen. :/

You are at least going to keep Mega Man though right? R-right? He's too awesome to sell! :D

Edited by S.C.G

I ordered two Toads and had one of them cancelled but for them to cancel ALL of your pre-orders?!? :blank:

That seems overly harsh. :(

I don't blame you for wanting to eBay the lot @Hero\-of\-Time though it's sad to see that happen. :/

You are at least going to keep Mega Man though right? R-right? He's too awesome to sell! :D

Yeah, Megaman is going in my car.

I was actually going to just let this situation go but i've seen they have a customer support live chat thingy on the website. Gonna see what happens....

That is messed up, i can understand them cancelling 1 of the two Amiibo's but all of them. That's not on at all, and i do wonder what is going on with Nintendo. It's like they are focussing on the handheld market and have a bunch of monkeys running the rest of the company.

Well, my Amiibo collecting days are over.

I got an email off Nintendo store the other day saying that they were cancelling one of my Mario Party Yoshi orders. I ordered two of each Amiibo before they placed a restriction on them. Fair enough, I thought.

I decided to log in today and check my preorders only to find they have cancelled EVERY preorder that I have. It's an absolutely shocking move because these were placed before the restriction came into play. They also didn't even give me the chance to at least keep 1 preorder of each and just done a clean sweep of the lot of them.

I'll now be putting all the ones I have on ebay. Well done, Nintendo, you just saved me a bunch of money and have lost a customer.

Homer.gif

Holy crap man, that's terrible :/

The Hut Group have always been a bit bastardish. Nintendo letting them deal with their store has resulted in a fair few issues.

Not really fair to complain about Nintendo with this, though. It's all done by The Hut Group. Same with the Zelda faceplate issue.

Edited by Serebii

Between the lack of Wii U software, the Amiibo situation, Zelda faceplate orders getting mixed up and the GC adaptor still nowhere to be found, you have wonder just what the hell is going on with Nintendo at the moment?
I've given up wondering about that now, it's reached a point that's beyond ridiculous. :hmm:

I've given up wondering about that now, it's reached a point that's beyond ridiculous. :hmm:

Well some of those aren't Nintendo's fault. This and the Zelda face plates, for example. Blame The Hut Group as they're the ones running the online store.

So my chat with them is over. I had to give them my details which resulted in this...

Rosie:

Thank you bare with me for one moment while I contact the Online store.

You:

Thanks

Rosie:

Thank you for holding I can confirm that you will be emailed shortly from the Online store informing why the items have been cancelled.

You:

So there is no reversing the cancellation, despite me preordering these items when the restriction was not in place?

Rosie:

Yes that is correct the cancellation can not be amended due to stock.

You:

Not to be rude but I have to say I find this kind of service absolutely shocking. I mean, I preordered these items the minute they came up on the website. I also wasn't even given the option to keep at least one of each of the Amiibo. Why wasn't this option given?

Rosie:

You would need to wait for the email to arrive directly from the repair team who will be able to assist you further.

At this point I said thanks for her time and closed the chat. Simply awful.

I was informed they only cancelled one Toad amiibo (I'd ordered two), but it turns out they've cancelled both for me as well. Idiots.

But not worth losing interest in amiibo generally just because of the Nintendo UK store.

Well some of those aren't Nintendo's fault. This and the Zelda face plates, for example. Blame The Hut Group as they're the ones running the online store.
But I mean in general, the situation at Nintendo right now is simply atrocious. I don't understand how such a large and experienced company can get into this kind of state and seemingly do nothing (or just work at an incredibly slow pace) to try and turn things around. ::shrug:

Days, weeks, months, hell even years go by... but the fans are still waiting, still disappointed, or worst of all for Nintendo, moving away from their products. :blank:

But I mean in general, the situation at Nintendo right now is simply atrocious. I don't understand how such a large and experienced company can get into this kind of state and seemingly do nothing (or just work at an incredibly slow pace) to try and turn things around. ::shrug:

Days, weeks, months, hell even years go by... but the fans are still waiting, still disappointed, or worst of all for Nintendo, moving away from their products. :blank:

Well, we did get some reasoning why in the PR on Tuesday. It takes months for a figure to get from start of production to release, so ones coming now would be ones that started production in December when shortages occurred and became noticeable. The demand surprised them and with amiibo, unlike with games where all they have to do is record to a disc, print a label and be done with it, it can take time to sort out. From Wave 5 onwards, we should start seeing less issues with stock.

I do agree that it sucks, but when you look at how amiibo are made, it's understandable. They underestimated demand (with the Wii U demand, can you blame them?) and unfortunately it takes a while to counter it.

Yeah the amiibo shortage is annoying but forgivable I think, at least at this early stage. They obviously take a long time to manufacture and they underestimated demand. Like it or not I also think the shortage has built a lot of hype and word of mouth, just as the Wii shortage did. I wouldn't have ordered half of what I have if they were easily sourced. Would the Wii have sold as well if there hadnt been Sold Out signs everywhere?

The UK store's ineptitude is pretty shocking though. That's a separate issue.

I kinda of gave up on the idea of buying all of the Smash amiibos because money, but also when wave 3 started, I just couldn't find these things in stores (though I can't find many Nintendo products in general in stores these days, heh). At the same time I feel conflicted, because I still want at least the original twelve fighters for nostalgia's sake, and some of my favourites like the Kirby and Kid Icarus characters. I don't think I'll be able to get a King Dedede or Meta Night, though... Or a Ness.

I think one sore point that stands out for European buyers in particular is that number they add to the packaging on the top right. Must be a nightmare for collectors to have a number missing in a collection that Nintendo haven't been able to adequately supply.

I believe I would be more forgiving of the situation if Nintendo were more open about what they will and won't be restocking. I know that the company have said some things with various degrees of vagueness, but it's definitely something they could improve upon so people don't feel like they have to import or give in to scalpers to buy the ones they want.

@Hero\-of\-Time, it's a shame this happened to you! Wave 4 sold out pretty, so I'm assuming scalpers took a hefty amount before the limitation hit and the Nintendo UK store just wiped out all orders with more than 1 of each amiibo, which meant genuine collectors like yourself got caught in it. But there's always a possibility that they'll allow people to preorder again with all that potential cancelled stock they now have maybe! Perhaps you should hold on to what you have until Wave 4's release date before letting them all go. And if not, m-maybe lemme buy your Dedede and Meta Knight if you have those. That sounded rude.