NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

My Shovel Knight amiibo order has finally started to process. About time!

You still not buckled on the animal crossing ones? Even when the second wave were 8.50?!

You still not buckled on the animal crossing ones? Even when the second wave were 8.50?!

Nope. Stayed strong.

Nope. Stayed strong.

Good man! :D

I'm personally looking forward to the day my Super Smash Bros. amiibo set is complete, then I'll only have to buy the ones from the series that I really love. :)

Obviously buying the Twilight Princess amiibo, Starfox ones if they release Peppy and Slippy - or god help us, the whole team even though we've already had Fox and Falco in the Smash set - and of course any Metroid or F-Zero amiibo figures; but who am I kidding? We'd need the games to go with those first. :heh:

Nope. Stayed strong.

They're the best ones!! Do you not look at KK and hear a voice going - buy me!!!!!

Oh! There we go!

My Shovel Knight Amiibo is FINALLY being processed! :D

Edited by Dcubed

They're the best ones!! Do you not look at KK and hear a voice going - buy me!!!!!

If I did hear a voice it would be in some Animal Crossing gibberish that I don't understand. :D

Nah, the series has never had a massive pull on me. I buy the games, play them for like a couple of weeks and then shelve them.

New Leaf was my very first AC game and I put in 140 hours into it, which is the most amount of time I've ever dedicated to one game, by far. I know that's not much by most hardcore gamer standards though. One of my personal favourite games of all time, probably top 5. Having said all that I've mostly stayed strong too and only picked up a couple of the amiibo.

Screw that, where is Kapp'n? :D

My Shovel Knight amiibo order has finally started to process. About time!

And it's shipped. That was quick. :yay:

Screw that, where is Kapp'n? :D

Good point! Where the hell is he?! I want him in his boat too!

Mega yarn yoshi is currently down to £24.99 at Argos.

Thanks for the heads up. I have yet to add him to my collection and may have to pick him up at that price.

Just caved and used a bunch of GAME credit to buy a load of discounted Animal Crossing and Mario Party amiibo.

In my defense, the KK 3 pack was only £25 and each of the Mario ones were only a tenner.

These fucking toys.

I got Chibi Robo for Christmas by the way.. My first Amiibo. I wish there was more Chibi Robo merchandise though.

Lucas pre-order get! :D

And a load of Keyrings to bump the price up to £20 so I don't have to pay any shipping... I've almost run out of different keyrings to buy on there now. :blank:

All this in the name of amiibo acquirement. :indeed:

Oh well, Lucas is worth it! : peace:

Lucas pre-order get! :D

And a load of Keyrings to bump the price up to £20 so I don't have to pay any shipping... I've almost run out of different keyrings to buy on there now. :blank:

All this in the name of amiibo acquirement. :indeed:

Oh well, Lucas is worth it! : peace:

You spent an extra £9.01 so you didn't have to pay £1.99 shipping, or did you really want the keyrings?

The Amiibo display cases are good to bump the price up.

You spent an extra £9.01 so you didn't have to pay £1.99 shipping, or did you really want the keyrings?

The Amiibo display cases are good to bump the price up.

I do want the keyrings, they will be displayed at some point and any doubles I do get will be used as gifts probably... it just annoys me that Nintendo know people who are going for the Smash set will probably just be pre-ordering Lucas on his own, so will have to take the extra charge, unless they were planning on buying an Animal Crossing amiibo as well.

The case was considered as an option but, they are just for displaying one single amiibo figure, plus the case would take up space for placing more figures, if I was going to have just one amiibo in a case though it would definitely be Shovel Knight so I will consider the case for next time if applicable. : peace:

Just happy to get my pre-order in though, there shouldn't be shortages but you just don't know... several have sold out over the Christmas period still to be restocked, anyway got mine secured. :D

I do want the keyrings

Fair enough. : peace:

I'm currently using the Red Shell keyring, though I got that with Mario Kart 8, I think.

I bought an Amiibo case once, it's a nice way to display them but I definitely don't have enough room on my shelf if I bought a case for each Amiibo.

My Shovel Knight didn't have the extra card/foil thing to prevent you scanning the Amiibo while it's in the package. Was it just me or did the box feel a bit cheaper as well?

They are the sort of figures that I wouldn't pay a lot for because I don't really have any interest in the game they are attacked to, but if at any point down the line I happened to find them at a car boot or something... I'd pay a couple of pounds just to have them. :heh:

This may sound a bit harsh but, I just never liked the idea of Skylanders... but then I don't think the game series has ever been aimed at me anyway so this makes sense. ::shrug:

It's still a good move for Nintendo though but I hope they don't make a habit of it... don't go including Samus or Link in the next game for instance complete with Samus' Gunship and Epona just to make me think about buying the figures. :blank:

No really Nintendo, please don't. :(

I don't class the Skylanders amiibo as real amiibo. The design of them is horrible and they look quite cheap in comparison to a lot of the real amiibo.