NEurope
Hero-of-Time

amiibo (NFC)

Doesn't make it OK. And isn't this more Yacht Clubs fault anyway? Why are you blaming Ninty for Shovel Knight stuff?

But you know, it's not like they're giving away an ENTIRE game's worth of content away for free or anything. Let's just focus on the local co-op mode that the majority of users here wouldn't actually touch anyway.

Yeah, pretty much. It's Yacht Club Games' decision here. They want to give their Amiibo (which they're getting manufactured themselves BTW; Nintendo are just licensing the Amiibo tech, while YCG are getting the guys who manufacture the Disney Infinity figures to actually build them) more of a selling point.

And considering that they're giving away a ridiculous amount of content for free, I really don't think people can really complain here; at some point, it just feels a bit mean to ask for even more content for free surely?

Think of the amiibo perks as rewards. Think of the amiibo purchase as a thank you for the additional content they are gifting you.

Or don't buy the amiibo, enjoy the free content and complain that you can't play co-op with your friend.

Is it amiibo time already? Excellent, this batch look incredible.

If you're just ordering one amiibo, it's almost not worth going with nintendo anymore with their new postage charge!!

Such a great wave, all figures we were all initially unsure would be released way back at the beginning.

Nintendo UK still haven't shipped my amiibo, while they've shipped all my friends'. I'm getting sick of them, considering Yodel take forever. After the Mario Maker debacle, and now this, I'm beginning to lose my faith in there.

Mine were shipped earlier. This journey is almost over... Only around one more wave and I'm DONE.

Mine should arrive sometime tomorrow then, they frequently seem to come on a Thursday around Midday or just before so here's hoping. : peace:

Aside from any badass DLC characters, I'm done with Smash after Mewtwo.

Now, if there's a Pokkén collection...god help us all

Nintendo UK still haven't shipped my amiibo, while they've shipped all my friends'. I'm getting sick of them, considering Yodel take forever. After the Mario Maker debacle, and now this, I'm beginning to lose my faith in there.
Stop whinging. You're getting them.

Aside from any badass DLC characters, I'm done with Smash after Mewtwo.

Now, if there's a Pokkén collection...god help us all

I've got to admit, I'll feel sorry for you if there does turn out to be a Pokkén collection containing at least one for every Pokémon in the game - what's it going to be? 20? 30 maybe??? - but I for one shall definitely be done with amiibo after Smash...

...probably. :blank:

I hope they don't bundle one amiibo in with Pokkén, that'll be one case where I'll deliberately buy the standard edition in that instance. :heh:

Currently I barely have enough room for the amiibo I already have, let alone any more! :shakehead

Now I have actually enjoyed collecting them thus far and I suppose that at least it's revenue for Nintendo - I've never overpaid for a single figure either, all £10.99 rrp so far I think - but they should definitely lay off on making many more figures for a while.

OK... you can make a Star Fox set but that's all! To be fair I'm happy enough with just Fox and Falco though, who WILL be bundled with the game, when it comes out. ;)

I've got to admit, I'll feel sorry for you if there does turn out to be a Pokkén collection containing at least one for every Pokémon in the game - what's it going to be? 20? 30 maybe??? - but I for one shall definitely be done with amiibo after Smash...

...probably. :blank:

I hope they don't bundle one amiibo in with Pokkén, that'll be one case where I'll deliberately buy the standard edition in that instance. :heh:

Currently I barely have enough room for the amiibo I already have, let alone any more! :shakehead

Now I have actually enjoyed collecting them thus far and I suppose that at least it's revenue for Nintendo - I've never overpaid for a single figure either, all £10.99 rrp so far I think - but they should definitely lay off on making many more figures for a while.

OK... you can make a Star Fox set but that's all! To be fair I'm happy enough with just Fox and Falco though, who WILL be bundled with the game, when it comes out. ;)

The Smash series was a great way to start it. I doubt we'll see many more big series now.

Next up I think we'll see Super Mario Series 2 featuring the Donkey Kong, Rosalina and Wario amiibo shown in Mario Party 10 (obviously delayed to push production to the Smash ones) as well as Daisy, Toadette and Waluigi.

Then I just think we'll see continued compatibility with the existing amiibo, and the occasional one like the Mario maker one, Chibi Robo one etc.

Next up I think we'll see Super Mario Series 2 featuring the Donkey Kong, Rosalina and Wario amiibo shown in Mario Party 10 (obviously delayed to push production to the Smash ones) as well as Daisy, Toadette and Waluigi.

No Spike to finish the party? I thought he was everybody's favourite Mario character. :heh:

*continues trying to figure out why on earth they decided to make Spike playable*

...Well, I'd still buy a Spike amiibo if they made one.

Out for delivery. Yodel. Hopefully won't find them safely tucked into the neighbour's dog's mouth.

Stop whinging. You're getting them.

As if you wouldn't be pissed if you got things two days after release when they were promised for launch day

As if you wouldn't be pissed if you got things two days after release when they were promised for launch day
With an order I desperately needed to arrive in time for something and therefore had gone with a particular retailer, absolutely.

With some Amiibo that are just going to sit on my shelf, I think I'd just let it turn up in time.

Edited by Retro_Link

Out for delivery. Yodel. Hopefully won't find them safely tucked into the neighbour's dog's mouth.

That's a job well done as far as Yodel are concerned.