NEurope
Cube

Assassin's Creed Unity

I can't remember learning about the French Revolution either, I'd probably say I was more familiar with Ancient Egypt, as it fascinates me, so would love a game that gave me an excuse to visit it.

AC Liberation?

Yus - I don't think it's quite the best AC game but Aveliene is the most interesting & likeable AC protagonist by a good few miles.

Edited by gaggle64

Yus - I don't think it's quite the best AC game but Aveliene is the most interesting & likeable AC protagonist by a good few miles.

I think you got that bore of a character confused with Ezio.

I quite liked Edward, as it's the only time you'll get a Swansea lad as a main character.

We touched on the french revolution at school, and it was boring...we did lots on he Russian Revolution...that was very entertaining

I suppose i might miss this game and wait for another, it depends on what more info we get i suppose

I doubt that the majority of AC's customer base buy it for the history anyway.

I doubt that the majority of AC's customer base buy it for the history anyway.

Perhaps, but it certainly decreased my enjoyment of Assassin's Creed III.

Read some rumours, which are going around saying that Comet, that you can play a bad guy. And that it is a game that bridges the gap between 3 and Black Flag.

So could be separate games.

The name is terrible still, but i kind of understand it a little seeing as you can recruit 4 friends to go through co-op mode.

I'm hoping that other co-op levels are more...co-operative. That looked like it could easily be done with one person.

Looks brilliant! Although, I hope the game isn't built entirely around co-op, in a New Super Mario Bros U kind of way. Hope the co-op is a supplement to the game and not a necessary component.

What a ridiculous reason. They should have said "it doesn't suit the setting".

Oh dear. When asked Ubisoft's creative director said there aren't any female assassins in Unity because it would be too much work to put in. Which is a ridiculously poor excuse in this day and age, frankly.

In same ways it can kind of make sense all the assassin's are basically the same model with variants sure it saved them work. However how do they win now? If they add it they will just be accused of only adding cos of the controversy?

In same ways it can kind of make sense all the assassin's are basically the same model with variants sure it saved them work. However how do they win now? If they add it they will just be accused of only adding cos of the controversy?

Well there's really no way out for them since this guy (Animation director for Assassin's Creed III and lead on ME 1&2, amongst many others) took to twitter:

tumblr_n70d13GfFy1qaa3tho1_500.jpg

We can only hope that this whole furore will encourage them (and others) to take better note of the diversity of their own fan base for future projects.

Well there's really no way out for them since this guy (Animation director for Assassin's Creed III and lead on ME 1&2, amongst many others) took to twitter:

tumblr_n70d13GfFy1qaa3tho1_500.jpg

We can only hope that this whole furore will encourage them (and others) to take better note of the diversity of their own fan base for future projects.

Yeah that follow up article was how I actually found out about this subject. I dunno I still kind of wonder where we are when this. I mean I'm not sure how racially diverse the 4 Assassin's were either so do they have cause to get offended as well? Does every game automatically have to cover it's bases now to avoid incidents like this?

On the other side am I wrong in thinking the assassin's you could call in during Brotherhood included women? Which kind of disproves female animation problems in some respect. Plus they have assets from the vita game....

Basically it's 2014 and women exist. That's what this is about.

I think modern gamers are becoming overly sensitive about issues like these. So what if all the players are male? Ultimately these characters are not supposed to represent ourselves; they're players we control to murder other people. Calling out for better representation in a game because it's now 2014 I also find a little ironic, given these games are set far in the past.

Their justification sounds bogus, but I don't agree with the need to push 'diversity' when designing characters in nearly every game these days.

Edited by Sheikah