NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

Playing as Ganon is such ridiculous fun. Great way to end the support for the game :)

Cheeky. I'm not going to see what that character is, I wan't to find out myself. Which probably will take a while as I'm not really a fan of Challenge Mode.

Koei Tecmo producer Akihiro Suzuki speaking to MCV has said that the Dynasty Warriors series has been in decline but that Hyrule Warriors has helped buck that trend and brought freshness to the franchise.

Over the years we’ve seen a sales decline. The Dynasty Warriors series is targeted towards the core fans. But we’ve had a few collaborations recently that have given the franchise a second wind because they’ve brought in new fans that hadn’t given Dynasty Warriors a chance. So Hyrule Warriors gave the series some freshness. Now our task is to keep the new players happy now that they’ve had a chance to play. But overall with the franchise, we need to keep it fresh, both the Dynasty Warriors and the Samurai Warriors brands.
Edited by Wii

When i saw a new post i feared more DLC was coming!

It would be good to see more Dynasty Warriors mash ups, it probably is the way forward for the franchise until the main line has had a good rest

So sick of characters sucking in this game. The only main thing I can do is get Link to plow through the levels and use the money to level peeps up. Only then can they have a go at getting an A-Rank reward.

EDIT: Holy shit, didn't know I could go on Challenge Mode to play as Ganon, I've been waiting for an update to appear before I could play as him. (Never looked at Challenge Mode at all.)

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

When i saw a new post i feared more DLC was coming!

It would be good to see more Dynasty Warriors mash ups, it probably is the way forward for the franchise until the main line has had a good rest

I feel a tad overwhelmed with all this DLC to the point that i'm not feeling any urge to play the game.

Also I suck at levelling my characters. I find it a complete repetitive grind and its something I don't enjoy whilst gaming by myself.

Yeah, I got a bit behind on the game and with all the level caps being lifted, I just feel overwhelmed, like I'll never complete everything there is available. I haven't even paid for the additional content, I can only imagine feeling worse if I'd downloaded all that content knowing I would never really touch it!!

Now I just play with a few characters against network links on the odd occasion. When I get too many rupees (is there such a thing?) I level up my weaker characters. But I don't imagine this is a game I will ever complete!

Been getting back to this. All my characters are at least Level 140.

...I haven't used that rupee glitch, honest!

That glitch is amazing and makes the summoning gate even more awesome... Somehow.

Working my way through the Termina Map and unlocking costumes. Midna's is a stroke of genius!

Awww, I wanna do the Rupee glitch, is it on any specific level/weapon/character which it works?

I feel a tad overwhelmed with all this DLC to the point that i'm not feeling any urge to play the game.

Also I suck at levelling my characters. I find it a complete repetitive grind and its something I don't enjoy whilst gaming by myself.

I did too, then thought fuck it and just played, not worrying about anything, haven't touched any other map bar adventure. Why they did so much DLC so quick, when we have to wait 6 months for mario kart is annoying!

I love this game, I now use IGNs faq to tell me what to do to search for stuff so I don't have to grind compasses, same with getting heart pieces and skulltulas, the grinding bored me so eradicated it as much as possible.

I also wasn't so anal about collecting everything and just went though opening the map and enjoyed it far more. And going through thr main game on hard getting hearts and skulltulas.

I axtually love the game now, think it's pretty incredible axtually, and if it was online it'd be even better! I think I'll put over 150 hours in to it easily!

Been getting back to this. All my characters are at least Level 140.

...I haven't used that rupee glitch, honest!

That glitch is amazing and makes the summoning gate even more awesome... Somehow.

Working my way through the Termina Map and unlocking costumes. Midna's is a stroke of genius!

I totally forgot about that glitch! maybe i can level everyone up

Awww, I wanna do the Rupee glitch, is it on any specific level/weapon/character which it works?

Technically, you can do it with any character.

But it's way easy with Lana and the Summoning Gate.

I play with Warrior controls, if you use Zelda controls, Y means basic attack and X means strong attack.

Lana needs to be a decent level, I'm talking 90-100 and you need the Level 3 summoning gate.

For this to work, you need a Summoning Gate that has the Rupee+ skill and access to the Adventure Map square where you fight 2 Gohmas.

The mission is a Lv 9 one and it's around the bottom left area of the first adventure map. Can't remember exactly where, but it's around there.

In order to activate the glitch, you have to kill the top left Gohma without using a weak point smash before you get 100 rupees.

Yeah, I know, it sounds bloody impossible, but the summoning gate has an awesome little move that's perfect for this.

For those of you who don't get how the summoning gate works, pressing X will summon a random boss out of 4. After that, you perform the corresponding combo attack (YX for King Dodongo, YYX for Manhandla, YYYX for Gohma, YYYYX for Argorok) to do a powerful combo attack.

You want to keep pressing X (Don't forget to dodge out of the end animation!) until you get Argorok.

Hopefully, you did this near Gohma, because the next bit has to be done quickly.

Wait until Gohma exposes it's weak point, shoot it with an arrow, then immediately perform the Argorok combo (YYYYX, BBBBY for you Zelda style players)

If you were quick enough, you should be riding Argorok.

Constantly run into Gohma, taking care not to kill too many mooks, until Gohma is dead.

Now here comes the tricky part...

If you did this right, there should a little dramatic slow down effect.

YOU NEED TO KILL AS MANY MOOKS AS YOU CAN DURING THIS SLOW DOWN EFFECT, THE MORE THE BETTER.

This is why Lana's summoning gate is the ideal choice, riding Argorok allows you to quickly kill enemies without needing to know where they are.

If you were lucky, once Gohma dies, your rupee total might rocket to 9,999,999.

Finish the mission by killing the other Gohma and spend, spend, spend!

If it didn't work, restart the battle.

This happens because of the way the Rupee+ skill works.

Sometimes, killing an enemy during the slow down effect loses you 100 rupees, no idea why, but if you have less than 100 rupees, the counter wraps around itself and maxes out.

This glitch is not guaranteed to work every time, but I seem to get it once every 5 successful attempts. I then spent the rupees on getting my other characters up to speed with Lana and Link.

It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to pull off.

Hope all your Lanas are decent! She should be, she's one of the best characters in the game!

Edited by Glen-i

It takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy to pull off.

Hope all your Lanas are decent! She should be, she's one of the best characters in the game!

My highest at the moment is a level 70 Link :(

I don't even have any Summoning Gates for Lana.

Yeah, you won't be able to pull off the glitch reliably then.

Work on getting the summoning gate, it's a bronze weapon on the adventure map. It's one of my favourite weapons. Absolutely destroys armies.

How do you do this glitch? I've been using link until I get rupee + on a summoning gate (I've seen it done) on B12 for about 40 min now to no avail

Attach boss, bring down weakness gauge,when yellow ring round dash out and range attack until dead

Nothing at all

I never got around to playing the last round of DLC because of Majora's Mask and Xenoblade... must get back to it.

Didn't see many posts on the Ganon DLC, what did people think?

I've played the first level and it was pretty amazing actually! I'm going to be playing that game for a few years I reckon!

I never got around to playing the last round of DLC because of Majora's Mask and Xenoblade... must get back to it.

Didn't see many posts on the Ganon DLC, what did people think?

It's OK. But it's very harsh for the A ranks.

Ganon's moves are also very limited compared to other characters.

Also, you can't level him up via the training dojo, so it can be quickly overwhelmed and killed early on.

I'm not a big fan, it's a fun novelty, but it can be annoying at times.

The boss challenges, on the other hand are a great challenge to test how good you really are.

Me using Link's Fire Rod and Aceing a fight against 3 Dodongos, 2 Gohmas and 3 Manhandlas was immensely satisfying!

@dazzybee you may be interested in this as I know you weren't happy with certain grinding aspects of the game.

I've been meaning to post about this Amiibo find from Gamefaqs for a while now but it kept slipping my mind. Someone found that the Amiibo rewards aren't random at all and are actually tied to what date and time you scan them in on.

Basically, you change the time on your Wii U, instantly load up the game and then scan the Amiibo. I tested it over the weekend ( tried getting Ganon drops ) and it worked perfectly. It saves having to do farming for the rarer items and hoping they actually drop. Certainly a nice quick way of gaining items for Amiibo owners

The guys over there have done a massive Google Spreadsheet outlining the dates and times for certain objects and items.

HERE

Which Amiibos did they scan at these times?

Any. Although I think using the Zelda/Link Amiibo would screw things up as you get specific things from those ones. I used my Mario Party ones to test it out.