NEurope
Ashley

Hyrule Warriors

I take it the lady in purple is Twinrova?

You talking about the Poe look-alike? I think that's a new character, much like the Volvagia armour dude.

Large versions

002i2sru.jpg004q1si3.jpg013sisi1.jpg014qfscr.jpg015h0seu.jpg0166eswv.jpg017h8s24.jpg01841skx.jpg019v2sur.jpg020zas7o.jpg021adsg9.jpg0225lsok.jpg005nosbe.jpg006p2svk.jpg007zvs06.jpg008sysdl.jpg009ulspg.jpg010eysyc.jpg011tysx7.jpg012k9sn5.jpg023g6p4f.jpg024vqqz9.jpg039fypl7.jpg040gxqa0.jpg041hlqy6.jpg0425xow2.jpg0431tp2e.jpg044pzq5i.jpg045q8pea.jpg0466loqu.jpg047z7rqx.jpg048n0quq.jpg025sqpst.jpg026e1pyl.jpg031h1rxj.jpg032ztrrq.jpg033zfpul.jpg034jjqnh.jpg035q1rsm.jpg0366zrog.jpg049psu8k.jpg0507wueu.jpg051z2ukl.jpg052spu93.jpg0539wuzj.jpg05700ufj.jpg058xcuj2.jpg059ilup7.jpg

Edited by Ashley

I'm really liking the look of this. Still on the fence about the gameplay but the visual style is awesome.

You talking about the Poe look-alike? I think that's a new character, much like the Volvagia armour dude.

No, the lady with the boobs... On her bra thingy is a crescent moon symbol. And the bird-like nose and gem on the head is very Gerudo.

No, the lady with the boobs... On her bra thingy is a crescent moon symbol. And the bird-like nose and gem on the head is very Gerudo.

Ah, the main villain. Her name is "Shia". It is entirely possible that she might be a Gerudo despite her pale skin, after all...

OOASvillains1.png

These two were Gerudo cronies, too. Shia resembles Veran, and Volvagia Dude bears some similarities with Onox.

On that note, I hope we get a proper Gerudo character in this game, as in, someone like Nabooru, or maybe a benevolent male leader. Ocarina of Time is pretty much the only game where they truly appeared as a culture.

I like Link's design, but then I'm a sucker for androgeny. I think it's a bit offensive though to say someone looks like a tart because they look feminine.

The graphics in what I guess are the cutscenes, or intro? are a bit conflicting, looks more like young Minish Cap/Wind Waker Link in those.

Definitely more excited for this game now, but maybe just because I'm thinking of what Zelda Wii U could be :D

The graphics in what I guess are the cutscenes, or intro? are a bit conflicting, looks more like young Minish Cap/Wind Waker Link in those.

Agreed. It's a bit of a mish-mash, although I do like them. I'm also surprised to see the Bokoblins are the Skyward Sword version, as the game doesn't seem very related to it otherwise.

Definitely more excited for this game now, but maybe just because I'm thinking of what Zelda Wii U could be :D

Absolutely. Especially screens...

008sysdl.jpg031h1rxj.jpg032ztrrq.jpg

I've gone from being not very interested in this game to thinking it'll probably be essential.

Agreed. It's a bit of a mish-mash, although I do like them. I'm also surprised to see the Bokoblins are the Skyward Sword version, as the game doesn't seem very related to it otherwise.

Seems to take place either before Skyward Sword or right after to me. Especially with this piece of art seems to confirm before Skyward Sword.

hw_art.jpg

I've gone from being not very interested in this game to thinking it'll probably be essential.

I was dismissing it story wise as a side game so the story wasn't that important, but it turns out it may be after all.

The English title has been confirmed as Hyrule Warriors. Not sure if it's been posted.

hyrule_warriors.png

We've only just had Skyward Sword and now this is the first game in the timeline!??... urgh I wish they hadn't pieced the thing together.

So that's supposed to be Skyloft being risen is it, and not being lowered? shouldn't Hyrule look overrun with evil?

Would make a bit more sense if this was the same Link from Skyward Sword and Hyrule's army was being built up again (with him being a part of it), going round reclaiming the land after defeating Demise.

That Hyrule looks a lot like the one from Wind Waker.

Really looking forward to this, especially if it's just a summer release, and especially if it has online. I do worry though that this could be a big autumn release for the Wii u....

We've only just had Skyward Sword and now this is the first game in the timeline!??... urgh I wish they hadn't pieced the thing together.

So that's supposed to be Skyloft being risen is it, and not being lowered? shouldn't Hyrule look overrun with evil?

Would make a bit more sense if this was the same Link from Skyward Sword and Hyrule's army was being built up again (with him being a part of it), going round reclaiming the land after defeating Demise.

That Hyrule looks a lot like the one from Wind Waker.

Well there's no hole in the ground either. It looks like there's damage on the ground though. There's also the fact the Master Sword exists in the game so it's all a bit confusing until we get more info.

Link's white tunic seems to be some sort of part of the Hylian knight uniform.

Dude on Gaf knocked up this box art.

dc8qJgf.jpg

Love it.

I hope we get the limited edition sets like Japan.

More and more people are getting hyped for this game. It's Mario 3D World all over again! :D

I was very sceptical with the original announcement, but that co-op stuff has piqued my interest. Been a while since I had a fun mindless co-op button masher to play with my brother.

Well there's no hole in the ground either. It looks like there's damage on the ground though.

But the statue is in the sky, even though it went to the surface at the end of SS when the others stayed in the sky.

More details from the Famistu interview have emerged.

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” added Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma.

- Koinuma said Aonuma didn’t have any requests for certain characters to be included

- Tecmo Koei took care of most of this

- He also joked that Hyrule Warriors has so many characters, that his own staff would get mad at him if he were to ask them to do something similar

- Hayashia said characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style

- Weapon enhancements and character growth systems included

- The Fire Rod-type item seen in the trailer isn’t from the Zelda series

- If a rod like that existed in The Legend of Zelda, we wouldn’t be able to use it in the same way

- Weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests

- Hayashi also said that the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all of the playable characters

“This is actually a very valuable scene [in The Legend of Zelda]. And this also applies to Hyrule Warriors.” – Aonuma

- According to Hayashi, The Legend of Zelda games have very high-quality boss fights, and if Tecmo Koei were to try emulating something similar, they wouldn’t stand a chance

- Bosses will instead have a Warriors touch by having instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss

- There will also be more Zelda-like features, such as strategically using items that can be found around stages to take on the boss

Message for the fans…

Koinuma: “We plan on having Hyrule Warriors’ first playable demo at E3 this year. With E3 being the opener, we’ll be releasing more and more new information afterwards, so please look forward to it!”

Hayashi: “After watching the trailer that will be shown at E3, it would make us happy to know that you guys will get a better idea of what we’re trying to do. We’ll sequentially reveal the other playable characters, so don’t miss it!”

Aonuma: “I believe it’s safe to say that this title was born as one of the answers from thinking of a new The Legend of Zelda game. By all means, we’d love to have as many people possible enjoy this game.”

I think it's safe to say that this game isn't going to be canon and that Omega Force, Team Ninja and Aonuma probably aren't really concerned about the timeline with this game :laughing:

“Out of all the playable characters [in Hyrule Warriors], there are some surprising characters that made us say ‘why did you pick this one?!’” added Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma.

- Koinuma said Aonuma didn’t have any requests for certain characters to be included

- Tecmo Koei took care of most of this

- He also joked that Hyrule Warriors has so many characters, that his own staff would get mad at him if he were to ask them to do something similar

- Hayashia said characters can change their weapons and have a completely different fighting style

- Weapon enhancements and character growth systems included

- The Fire Rod-type item seen in the trailer isn’t from the Zelda series

- If a rod like that existed in The Legend of Zelda, we wouldn’t be able to use it in the same way

- Weapons and other important in Hyrule Warriors are acquired through treasure chests

- Hayashi also said that the iconic treasure chest opening animation has been prepared for all of the playable characters

“This is actually a very valuable scene [in The Legend of Zelda]. And this also applies to Hyrule Warriors.” – Aonuma

- According to Hayashi, The Legend of Zelda games have very high-quality boss fights, and if Tecmo Koei were to try emulating something similar, they wouldn’t stand a chance

- Bosses will instead have a Warriors touch by having instances where you’ll face a bunch of smaller enemies to charge up your meter, then unleash a special attack on the boss

- There will also be more Zelda-like features, such as strategically using items that can be found around stages to take on the boss

Message for the fans…

Koinuma: “We plan on having Hyrule Warriors’ first playable demo at E3 this year. With E3 being the opener, we’ll be releasing more and more new information afterwards, so please look forward to it!”

Hayashi: “After watching the trailer that will be shown at E3, it would make us happy to know that you guys will get a better idea of what we’re trying to do. We’ll sequentially reveal the other playable characters, so don’t miss it!”

Aonuma: “I believe it’s safe to say that this title was born as one of the answers from thinking of a new The Legend of Zelda game. By all means, we’d love to have as many people possible enjoy this game.”

I like the sound of all of this. It's nice to see that they don't seem to be chaining themselves too closely to either series, but rather seem to be taking elements of both in order to make something new :)

There's also some nice potential for comedy with all of those chest opening animations too :p

I love the idea of every character having a special chest opening animation!

It reminds me of Deku Link having to actually jump into the chest.

Reading that, I also like to think this game is also making the Zelda team re-evaluate the series and realise that actually you can do a lot of different things with it.

Reading that, I also like to think this game is also making the Zelda team re-evaluate the series and realise that actually you can do a lot of different things with it.

Definitely. This game has got me thinking about that, especially how there weren't really puzzles in the first two games. Then the 3rd one comes along and it's heavily puzzled-based - very abstract puzzles too, in some cases - and from then on they've been a huge part of the series.

Maybe it could have a little bit more combat and exploration, and a few less puzzles? I'm not saying I want Zelda to be a button-masher, but there's definitely a case for having freer exploration, especially of the overworld, without having to worry about where you're stepping all the time. In other words, I hope it goes back to more like OOT/TP than Skyward Sword.

The number of characters and races in Zelda really lends itself to this.

It would be so cool to play for example a dual-sword wielding Gerudo.

It'd be really cool if you could actually unlock Zelda and play as her. When I saw her with her sword in Twilight Princess, I hoped we'd see her kick at least a little bit of ass before she'd give up.

zelda-render.jpg

And Darunia hulk-smashing everything would be great as well.

Come to think of it, Shia reminds me most of the Helmaroc King (Ganondorf's giant bird in Wind Waker).