Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Playstation Plus Free Games

Happenstance

Assault Android Cactus sounds... interesting. :p

But, it's just voting for one game, which will become one of the free games on Plus one month, which will get downloaded and added to virtual pile of titles yet to play; plus even then it won't be top of the list, before the free games I have titles which I've paid money for which will take higher priority. ::shrug:

So yes, if I can be inclined to vote then I'll go for Assault Android Cactus purely because it falls somewhere within the twin-stick shooter genre which would go down well as an underappreciated plus game... which will then no doubt gain cult status somehow a few months down the line when someone finally plays it and then creates a thread saying "OMG! why did nobody tell me about this amazing game!!11!" or not. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The winner is...

630x.jpg

Hell yeah, bro, one of your PlayStation Plus titles for March has been decided by democracy. The most recent Vote to Play poll has just come to a close, and the winner is somewhat unsurprising, considering that it's been comfortably in the lead since voting began.

In case you missed it, the three titles vying for your vote were Assault Android Cactus, Action Henk, and Broforce. As if this article's lead image hasn't already made it abundantly clear, Broforce has walked away victorious, securing an impressive win over its rivals with almost 50 per cent of the vote.

Galak-Z is pretty awesome. Shame there is no Platinum, though..it's what annoyed me when I bought it. Since then I always look whether a rogue-like has a Platinum or not as that trophy increases the replay value by a lot (if you like going for a Platinum) for rogue-likes.

PS3 games don't interest me (already have Super Stardust HD, anyway and played it to death years ago).

Flame Over is a rogue-like I've never heard of until now...it looks cool :D

Reality Fighters looks horrible...probably won't touch it.

I think Broforce and Flame Over make this a great month for me : peace: Is Broforce crossbuy? Is it even coming out for Vita?

The games will be out today.

Broforce doesn't have a platinum. And it had such great potential for one.

Not sure if I'll bother with this, then ::shrug:

Assault Android Cactus looks much more interesting, anyway. Will probably get that and download Flame Over on my Vita : peace:

Edit: AAC won't be out 'til next week :(

Edited by drahkon

I thought Broforce was dumb. After 10 minutes I kind of loved it, though. Had one bit of slowdown when basically everything on-screen was exploding, otherwise its performance has been fine.

It's far from a mess from what I can tell, but only played it for 30 minutes or so.

With Broforce I seem to be having this issue where after starting a level, I can move for a few seconds, then it stops letting me move, the character freezes for a second. After a second I can move again but it's annoying. Also, slowdown.

The other two games work fine and I rarely have issues with the PS+ games. There's only one other one I can think of that was quite broken on release but I can't remember it's name as it wasn't fun anyway.

The games will be out today.

Broforce doesn't have a platinum. And it had such great potential for one.

Not sure if I'll bother with this, then ::shrug:

Assault Android Cactus looks much more interesting, anyway. Will probably get that and download Flame Over on my Vita : peace:

Edit: AAC won't be out 'til next week :(

Wait, you're not going to play a free game because it doesn't have a platinum trophy? Why?

Wait, you're not going to play a free game because it doesn't have a platinum trophy? Why?

Well, a Platinum increases the replay value for games like these. And with trophies (more importantly a Platinum) exists, it gives me a real incentive to complete a game.

Broforce didn't look appealing to me (still doesn't) but a Platinum would've maybe caused me to give this game a go...

Now I can't be arsed. #kav82

And as H-o-T said: Yes, there are better games to play :p

More features/discounts on the way for PS+ subscribers?

Got a PS+ Survey e-mail just now, where it's stated that they're considering adding new features to PS+ and would like feedback on them, they listed 8 features:

- Discounts on PS hardware and accessories, (controllers, and headsets)

- Monthly PS+ contests with prizes

- PS+ knowledgebase (Forum for PS+ members)

- Discounts on Sony products (TV's, cameras, smartphones)

- Discounts on lifestyle products (newspapersubscriptions, movietickets, fast food, travel fare.

- PS+ gaming tournaments with prizes.

- Free movies every month.

- Discounts on popular streamingservices (Netflix, HBO Nordic, Spotify)

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!