NEurope
flameboy

PlayStation 4/Xbox One - What are you getting?

What you buying this time round?!  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What you buying this time round?!

• Ps4
    • Xbox One
    • Both
    • Neither happy with current gen/Wii U at the moment.

I'll probably get a PS4 eventually, but neither console has enough to justify paying that price in my opinion.

Maybe next Christmas when there's some decent library behind them and better bundles.

I'd be more interested in buying it if it had backwards compatibility as I don't have a PS3 currently :p

I'll have them all eventually but for now its PS4, Wii U, 360 and PS3. I'll get an Xbone a little while into 2014.

I don't get XBOX. What are the best XBOX games?

I can only think of two worth any praise; Halo and Gears (both excellent IMHO).

My news feed is a sea (well, three people) who got XBOXones and their "main games" are like....COD....ACIV.....BF4. Some people got Ryse. I don't understand why these people got the machine. Is it just being uninformed? Because....how can you be so engraved in something that you won't even consider changing? I changed across from XBOX to PS3 (I'm not saying you can't have both, just in this case why one over the other), but...what do they bring to the table.

PS4 win on;

- Price.

- Controller (general consensus is best since GC?)

- Power (at least on launch)

- Indy developers

And XBOX tried to sabotage themselves at E3.

I don't get it.

Those franchises feel like they've past their prime (like God of War has). Halo Reach was a fairly low point in the series, and I don't think 4 recovered from that. And Gears of War 3 turned out to be fairly dull and finished the story, so I wouldn't expect much at all if they made another.

There's also Fable, which has had three poor games in a row.

This'll be the first time I don't dive into a launch. None of the machines interest me at all at the minute (even the VITA appealed to me at its launch)... Me moving to paris has helped the decision, I have no doubt in my mind that I'd get a ps4 at launch if I was still here.

I'm hoping when I come back there'll be some great games for the system and pick one up. Saying that, for 2013, I think the xbox is a much better option with its games far superior to PS4 games. But the ps4 will wee on it in the long run.

Will be picking up my PS4 next Saturday, might also buy a WiiU now that my TV is capable of displaying full 1080p.

Ehm, I’m getting a PS3 in January..

I’ll (probably) get a PS4 slim eventually. It depends on the exclusives, but if the previous generation is any indication.. At the moment, I don’t know of any games for both that interest me that I can’t get on PC. The exception being Rime.

Ehm, I’m getting a PS3 in January..

I’ll (probably) get a PS4 slim eventually. It depends on the exclusives, but if the previous generation is any indication.. At the moment, I don’t know of any games for both that interest me that I can’t get on PC. The exception being Rime.

Not all classics but I think you'll agree there will be a handful you'll not get on PC that might apeal to you.

2nd Super Robot Wars Original Generation

3D Dot Game Heroes

Ace Combat Infinity

Afrika (video game)

Agent (video game)

Another Century's Episode: R

Aqua Vita (video game)

Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories

Ar no Surge

Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel

Armageddon Riders

Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk

Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky

Battle Tanks

Beyond: Two Souls

Blast Factor

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma

Bleach: Soul Resurrección

Boku no Natsuyasumi 3

Bomberman Ultra

Book of Potions

Book of Spells

Brave Arms

Buzz!: Quiz TV

Calling All Cars!

Carnival Island

Cash Guns Chaos

Catan (2008 video game)

Comet Crash

Crash Commando

Cubixx HD

Cuboid (video game)

Dark Mist

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate: Core Fighters

Demon's Souls

Derby Time Online

.detuned

Digger HD

Diggs Nightcrawler

Disgaea Dimension 2

Drakengard 3

Dust 514

Echochrome II

Eight Days

Elefunk

Everybody Dance (video game)

Everybody's Golf 5

The Eye of Judgment

Eyedentify

EyeToy (video game series)

Fairy Fencer F

Feel Ski

The Fight: Lights Out

Folklore (video game)

Formula One Championship Edition

Funky Lab Rat

Genji: Days of the Blade

God of War III

God of War video game collections

God of War: Ascension

Gran Turismo 5

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Gran Turismo 6

Gran Turismo HD Concept

GTI Club+: Rally Côte d'Azur

Haze (video game)

Heavenly Sword

Heavy Rain

High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition

High Velocity Bowling

Hyperballoid HD

Hyperdimension Neptunia (video game)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory

The Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Infamous (video game)

Infamous 2

Infamous: Festival of Blood

Initial D Extreme Stage

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

Journey (2012 video game)

Kamen Rider: Battride War

Katamari Forever

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix

Kung Fu Rider

Kung-Fu Live

Lair (video game)

The Last Guardian

The Last Guy

The Last of Us

Last Rebellion

Linger in Shadows

LittleBigPlanet (PlayStation 3)

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet Karting

LocoRoco Cocoreccho

Macross 30: The Voice that Connects the Galaxy

MAG (video game)

Magic Orbz

Mainichi Issho

Makai Wars

Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest

Megazone 23: Aoi Garland

Mesmerize (video game)

Metal Gear Online

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection

Misato Katsuragi's Reporting Plan

Mist of Chaos

Miyasato Miyoshi Kyoudai Naizou: Sega Golf Club

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (video game)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire

Monster Madness: Grave Danger

MotorStorm

MotorStorm: Apocalypse

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift

Mugen Souls

Mushroom Wars

Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm

Ni-Oh

Novastrike

Nucleus (video game)

One Piece: Pirate Warriors

Operation Creature Feature

PachiPara DL Hyper Sea Story In Karibu

Pain (video game)

PixelJunk 4am

PixelJunk Racers

PixelJunk Shooter 2

PixelJunk SideScroller

Planet Minigolf

PlayStation Move Ape Escape

PlayStation Move Heroes

The Punisher: No Mercy

Puppeteer (video game)

Railfan: Chicago Transit Authority Brown Line

Railfan: Taiwan High Speed Rail

Rain (video game)

Ratchet & Clank Collection

Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus

Record of Agarest War 2

Resistance 2

Resistance 3

Resistance: Fall of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Ryū ga Gotoku 5

Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan!

Saint Seiya: Brave Soldiers

Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle

Savage Moon

Shiki-Tei

The Shoot

SingStar (PlayStation 3)

SingStar Dance

SingStar Guitar

Siren: Blood Curse

Sky Diving (video game)

Snakeball

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation

Sodium (PlayStation Home)

Sorcery (video game)

Spelunker HD

Sports Champions

Sports Champions 2

Starhawk (2012 video game)

Start the Party!

Strength of the Sword 3

Super Rub 'a' Dub

Supercar Challenge

Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Tales from Space: About a Blob

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles

Tales of Xillia

Tales of Xillia 2

Tekken Revolution

The Guided Fate Paradox

Time and Eternity

Time Crisis 4

Time Crisis: Razing Storm

Tokyo Jungle

Topatoi

Tori-Emaki

Toy Home

Trash Panic

The Trials of Topoq

Trinity Universe (video game)

Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll

TV Superstars

Twisted Metal (2012 video game)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Yeah hardly any really - I'm sure the PS4 will have hardly any exclusives too :laughing:.

Ehm, yeah I said I was getting a PS3 ;). I don’t know many of those titles, but most of the ones I do know don’t interest me. Sure, there will be games amongst the ones I don’t know (and some I do know) which I’d enjoy, but there are only so many games I can get (and that’s very few at the moment), and I already have a huge backlog of high priority games (for Wii, PC, DS, 3DS, and PS3).

Regarding the PS3: I have The last of us, and I’ll get Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 souls. Journey from the PS store. There are other games I’d like / enjoy, but they fall in the catagory above.. The Uncharted and Little big planet series would be amongst them.

Regarding the PS3: I have The last of us, and I’ll get Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 souls. Journey from the PS store. There are other games I’d like / enjoy, but they fall in the catagory above.. The Uncharted and Little big planet series would be amongst them.

Nice - some good choices there.

I think the 360 was the better (and more successful console) last gen. They were set to become number one (pardon the pun), but my god did they royally fuck it all up.

Personally I don't think any are worth it. Certainly not at the current price and with the current line up. Although I'll be sticking to PC anyway. I may get a Wii U in a few years when the prices have dropped and there are lots of good games.

Personally I don't think any are worth it. Certainly not at the current price and with the current line up. Although I'll be sticking to PC anyway. I may get a Wii U in a few years when the prices have dropped and there are lots of good games.

I'm going to be very interested to see how the PC fairs against the current platforms. I know the system is a little more expensive but generally you get the best of many worlds and generally cheaper games.

Honestly the only big thing that it's missing are the Nintendo or handheld specific IPs. And that's why I have a 3DS and a PC.

I'm going to be very interested to see how the PC fairs against the current platforms. I know the system is a little more expensive but generally you get the best of many worlds and generally cheaper games.

But a PC isn't really more expensive. Most people will spend £500-£600 on a PC anyway (some much more than that - even excluding appletards). Factor in the cost of a console, and you've got a great gaming rig.

And you get all the other benefits of a kick ass PC.

I think with the shift towards tablets for casual browsing/whatever, not everyone has an mid range/expensive PC these days for web browsing and whatnot. I've found in most cases people's existing computers often don't run games very well unless they already bought/built one specifically for that purpose. With PS4 being priced at £350 and being able to play current/upcoming releases I'm sure it seems like a very attractive prospect.

Certainly if you didn't have a PC capable of playing games coming out soon at a decent level (which I'm sure a lot won't) then building a PC will certainly cost quite a bit more.

Certainly if you didn't have a PC capable of playing games coming out soon at a decent level (which I'm sure a lot won't) then building a PC will certainly cost quite a bit more.

Not really. Even a cheap PC is ~£300-£400. Add in the £350 for a PS4 and you've got a decent gaming rig.

Not really. Even a cheap PC is ~£300-£400. Add in the £350 for a PS4 and you've got a decent gaming rig.

You say this but usually a PC always ends up costing more than this to add a bit of future-proofing. I'm also one to buy decent aftermarket processor coolers, modular PSUs, a decent case with USB 3.0 ports on front... it certainly added up for me.

No doubt it could be done quite a bit cheaper than what I did it (>£700) but I doubt I'd be very happy with the result, but that's just me.

Great thread title :p

I cri evrytiem.

I'm sticking with Wii U. Although, I barely have any time to game these days. Spent almost 9 hours playing Xenoblade because I went in with a "fuck it, I wanna game today," mentality. This happens about once every three months.

Out of PS4 and ONE, the PS4 looks more attractive to me.

I don't get XBOX. What are the best XBOX games?

My news feed is a sea (well, three people) who got XBOXones and their "main games" are like....COD....ACIV.....BF4. Some people got Ryse. I don't understand why these people got the machine. Is it just being uninformed? Because....how can you be so engraved in something that you won't even consider changing? I changed across from XBOX to PS3 (I'm not saying you can't have both, just in this case why one over the other), but...what do they bring to the table.

PS4 win on;

- Price.

- Controller (general consensus is best since GC?)

- Power (at least on launch)

- Indy developers

And XBOX tried to sabotage themselves at E3.

I don't get it.

PS4 does win on price, but if you are going to factor in Kinect (which I know a lot of 'hardcore' gamers don't care about, including myself), then it isn't as bad.

Controller is subjective, I think the Xbox controller was far far better than the PS3 controller. I haven't held either of the new ones but I know the One controller hasn't changed much.

Power - no one cares about this. The majority of people who buy consoles or computers don't care about the specs.

Indy devs - again, this only interests the hard core gamers.

People like what they know, if you and all your friends have an Xbox it will take a lot to get them to change over to PlayStation. A lot of people will have Xbox Live subscriptions that will run far into next year.

There are so many other reasons to buy a console. When you take away all the stuff that happened at E3, which doesn't really matter anymore because what was said then by MS hasn't actually come through in the console, they aren't all that different.

@Charlie if all that's the case then explain why the PS4 did so well on its NA launch and why there has been such a shift from MS to PS with many gamers. Sure there will be a lot of people who blindly continue doing what they did before, but there has been a considerable shift in favour towards Sony this past year.

@Charlie if all that's the case then explain why the PS4 did so well on its NA launch and why there has been such a shift from MS to PS with many gamers. Sure there will be a lot of people who blindly continue doing what they did before, but there has been a considerable shift in favour towards Sony this past year.

Price will be one of the major factors, people who don't care about Kinect (which as I said a lot of people don't want) will make people change to PlayStation.

People will follow what they've always had unless they're given any major reason to change. If all your friends have an Xbox One you're not going to go and buy a PS4 if you're wanting to play online multiplayer.

Looking at the stats, both consoles sold over 1m units in the first 24 hours (although the Xbox was launched in Europe at the same time). What will be more interesting is the direct US-US and EU-EU comparison charts in a week or so when the PS4 is launched in Europe. The Xbox is selling out everywhere and no doubt the PS4 will too. Your statement abotu the PS4 doing so well in the US doesn't really mean much unless you are comparing that to the XBox One launch. We'll see the stats and I think that everyone here will be surprised at how many it sells. Sure, the PS4 might sell more but the Xbox One will still sell incredibly well and all the pre-launch mayhem at Microsoft won't mean the end of the Xbox like some here predicted.

Edited by Charlie

It's worth a thought at least that whilst we as gamers laughed and cried about "TV, TV, SPORTS", there is actually a pretty insanely huge market for that. In America, if we consider every household with a games console, American Football is probably more popular amongst those households than gaming.

I'm not defending what they've done, but the only people we've seen arguing a case against it is gamers. Of course they're going to take the position of "why have you given so much focus to non-gaming aspects?"

In terms of retail games, frankly I think neither system has the edge at launch, but PS4 is set to shift ahead quickly in the future.

Xbox's biggest letdown to me is that PS4 has stormed ahead with Indie gaming. Considering it was Xbox who was first to put a community-regulated indie game marketplace right there in the main menu, and considering that in the early years of the 360, the XBLA was a huge, huge deal, it's a shame to see that faltering a bit now.

Price will be one of the major factors, people who don't care about Kinect (which as I said a lot of people don't want) will make people change to PlayStation.

People will follow what they've always had unless they're given any major reason to change. If all your friends have an Xbox One you're not going to go and buy a PS4 if you're wanting to play online multiplayer.

Looking at the stats, both consoles sold over 1m units in the first 24 hours (although the Xbox was launched in Europe at the same time). What will be more interesting is the direct US-US and EU-EU comparison charts in a week or so when the PS4 is launched in Europe. The Xbox is selling out everywhere and no doubt the PS4 will too. Your statement abotu the PS4 doing so well in the US doesn't really mean much unless you are comparing that to the XBox One launch. We'll see the stats and I think that everyone here will be surprised at how many it sells. Sure, the PS4 might sell more but the Xbox One will still sell incredibly well and all the pre-launch mayhem at Microsoft won't mean the end of the Xbox like some here predicted.

But the thing is (and like you mentioned)...they have been given major reason to change. Cost being a major part of that. And I believe that is reflected in the NA launch sales. Sure, the One sold well, but the PS4 did better - and this, in a territory where the 360 has always been considerably favoured over the PS3. It is a big deal.

I think the combined graphics and cost advantage will have some effect. Not the be-all-and-end-all, but certainly a factor. Think about it - a lot of people buy these consoles primarily for COD/FIFA or other really popular titles like Assassin's Creed. If they know they can get a console 80 pounds cheaper that runs it better, at a higher resolution on their large flat screen TVs, then it will certainly have a positive effect on PS4 sales. Admittedly there will be a lot of people who don't know/care, but I wouldn't write this off.

People will indeed buy what their friends have, but said early adopter friends may have already made the switch to PS4. I think this gen will be interesting.

Neither for me. I was very interested in both of them at the start of the year but then the last few months, I literally lost all interest. I played a bit of Dead Rising 3 and even though it's very impressive, I know I'd be bored within a day. I don't see why everybody's rushing out in droves to buy it right now. You may as well wait a few months/a year and you'll get a better price, better games and probably a good deal on a bundle. Also, there's usually a couple of bugs, may as well wait a year for them to iron it out.

Something funny actually happened a few months back. My dad said "What would you like: Xbox One or PS4?". My answer was "3DS XL". He laughed and asked why and I told him the points I said in the paragraph above and said I raised a good point.