NEurope
bryanee

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

That makes a lot of sense because there seems to be two versions of the on-stage demo going around online. You can tell subtle differences between them, for example the way the two construction workers move away to the side when Drake goes around the building works. They're completely different movements between both versions.

It's great to hear someone was playing that live. Talk about pressure!

Telling the truth this time - an extension of the previous demo footage has been released.

Unsane. UNCREDIBLE.

Telling the truth this time - an extension of the previous demo footage has been released.

Unsane. UNCREDIBLE.

I watched all of this. Even though I told myself that I'd only watch maybe half of it to prevent spoilers or whatever.

Looks UNbelievable.

I think I gasped in real life. About four or five times. I can't...Somebody, please hold me.

We can't freeze ourselves yet, right?

What an intro to the game, just... no words. : peace:

Excited doesn't even cover it. :D

This is basically the game I purchased a PS4 to play... well and The Last of Us... plus the Nathan Drake Collection so I can play Uncharted 1-3 again. :)

All other games for the console just seem like the icing on the cake at this point after seeing that. :heh:

Looking forward to playing the Uncharted games and 4 in particular looks incredible. What's the gameplay like though, I sometimes get the impression it's often just interactive cutscenes, mixed in with a bit of shooting, would that be fair?

In that any reductive description is fair, that's pretty accurate.

Looking forward to playing the Uncharted games and 4 in particular looks incredible. What's the gameplay like though, I sometimes get the impression it's often just interactive cutscenes, mixed in with a bit of shooting, would that be fair?

That... would be fair to say, to a point. :heh:

It's more than that though, everything about the games feels spot-on, it's less about attempting to make you feel like you're in a film and more about completely integrating you with the game experience; it just all happens to feel very cinematic which isn't a bad thing. :)

A heavy amount of scripting is involved but it doesn't feel predictable, yes there is usually a general set path as shown in that demo but there are multiple routes you can take to get there, plus sometimes going off the beaten track is the only way to find collectables especially in the areas where it's more on-foot and less vehicular. :D

For example I can recall in the first game that feeling of being really deep in a jungle like no other, or exploring the treacherous snow-capped mountains in the second adventure, not forgetting the foray into the vast aquatic-based areas featuring an entire ship graveyard as you try to avoid being killed by Somalian Pirates, plus exploring a ship only to have the whole environment change entirely as the ship sways on the ocean. :grin:

So while it can be easy to pigeon-hole the Uncharted series in some ways being that it borrows elements from other games, it has since evolved into being its own dynamically changing experience which constantly manages to surprise and delight you as a player in ways you might not have previously even considered. : peace:

TL;DR - Uncharted is a series well worth investing time and money in and I envy anyone going into the series fresh for the first time when the collection comes out. ;)

The Uncharted games are solidly made, fun, and graphically ridiculous. Superficial, true, but worth buying for the spectacle.

3's multiplayer was superb.

That... would be fair to say, to a point. :heh:

It's more than that though, everything about the games feels spot-on, it's less about attempting to make you feel like you're in a film and more about completely integrating you with the game experience; it just all happens to feel very cinematic which isn't a bad thing. :)

A heavy amount of scripting is involved but it doesn't feel predictable, yes there is usually a general set path as shown in that demo but there are multiple routes you can take to get there, plus sometimes going off the beaten track is the only way to find collectables especially in the areas where it's more on-foot and less vehicular. :D

For example I can recall in the first game that feeling of being really deep in a jungle like no other, or exploring the treacherous snow-capped mountains in the second adventure, not forgetting the foray into the vast aquatic-based areas featuring an entire ship graveyard as you try to avoid being killed by Somalian Pirates, plus exploring a ship only to have the whole environment change entirely as the ship sways on the ocean. :grin:

So while it can be easy to pigeon-hole the Uncharted series in some ways being that it borrows elements from other games, it has since evolved into being its own dynamically changing experience which constantly manages to surprise and delight you as a player in ways you might not have previously even considered. : peace:

TL;DR - Uncharted is a series well worth investing time and money in and I envy anyone going into the series fresh for the first time when the collection comes out. ;)

Awesome thanks very much for that. Even though it sounds a tad limited, coming from someone who plays Nintendo games 95% of the time, it'll be nice to be able to enjoy a nice cinematic adventure like these 4 games.

Tomb Raider is another game/series I'm thinking about getting into, the one from two years ago and RotTR. Out of curiosity how different are they to the Uncharted games? From far they seem to play pretty similarly?

The tomb raider from two years ago was one of the best games I've ever played, it just gripped me in a way no game has for ages, I couldn't stop playing it, you need to buy it!

The tomb raider from two years ago was one of the best games I've ever played, it just gripped me in a way no game has for ages, I couldn't stop playing it, you need to buy it!

Oh my gaaawwwwwd.

Tomb Raider was the first PS4 I picked up. It just...blew me away. There were several occasions where I just lost it and hnnnnnngggg'd all over the place. Beautiful game.

I don't plan on getting an Xbox One anytime soon, so I hope we get some firm details on when it'll be coming to PS4.

Didnt like Tomb raider reboot at all. The collectathon elements and horrific dialogue just give a bad impression at first but as you go on the gameplay is very annoying with forced encounters and weaker action. Both Single and multi were just not in the same league. If you are going to copy. Copy the good bits please. Awaiting the collection to come out and get the multiplayer beta.

Huge contrast between this demo and the Tomb Raider one.

High quality download version of the trailer:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_uncharted_4_extended_e3_gameplay-16814_en.html

Edited by Choze

Uncharted 4 release date announced, collector’s editions detailed

Mark your calendars. 18th March 2016. That’s the day Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will hit stores.

We’ve got the scoop on all the possibilities for you to jump into Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.

For those of you that prefer booty for your castle, we have the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition.

In the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Special Edition you’ll find:

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Blu-ray disc

Collectible steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Iaccarino

48-page hardcover art book by Naughty Dog and Dark Horse

Naughty Dog & Pirate Sigil Sticker Sheet

Naughty Dog Points: redeem the points to unlock new multiplayer content and character upgrades.

20941346872_be5d44fcbe_b.jpg

If that’s not enough for you, the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Libertalia Collector’s Edition includes everything listed above, plus:

A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant

Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake and Desert Drake outfits

Three custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin, Snow Weapon Skin and Desert Weapon Skin

Henry Avery, Thomas Tew and Adam Baldrige Sigil Ball Caps

Madagascar Sidekick Outfits

Phurba Dagger Taunt

An Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End dynamic theme

20763066950_dce28616d8_b.jpg

If you prefer to own your games digitally, then you also have options. Starting tomorrow you can choose to pre-order the Digital Standard Edition from PlayStation Store that comes jam packed with:

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End digital download

Two multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Heist Drake

Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Snow Weapon Skin

The Phurba Dagger Taunt

Naughty Dog Points

Or, if you want the complete digital experience you can pre-order the Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Digital Deluxe Edition , which includes everything above plus:

Desert Drake Multiplayer Outfit

Desert Weapon Skin

Thomas Tew and Adam Baldridge

Uncharted 4 Triple Pack

Includes future access to the first-ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items

Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items

The Triple Pack will also be available to purchase separately as an add-on. If you already pre-ordered Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End through PlayStation Store, you can upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition to nab that sweet discount on the Triple Pack.

Plenty to look over and think about, but I’m glad we can finally give you more details on Naughty Dog‘s latest title.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/08/31/uncharted-4-release-date-announced-collectors-editions-detailed/

Ugh, a dozen different pre-order bonuses, skins, multiplayer maps and bollocks like that. Remember when you buy a game and you get a game? Still, nice to get a release date.

Yeah, remember Splatoon?

Just kidding :p

Great, games always coming out when I have work to do...

Remember when you buy a game and you get a game?

I think you'd be interested in the standard edition.

So is everyone going to binge on the multiplayer beta or wait until March!? I really can not wait to get back to regularly playing Uncharted multiplayer again.

Looks like the Idol actually does stuff now, I always used it as a n00b cameo distraction in Plunder. Utter gash.

Hope the perks like sidekick characters aren't OP, can imagine that getting extremely irritating.

Otherwise, this looks phenom. ND are really cramming the dynamism of the single player into the deathmatches.

So is everyone going to binge on the multiplayer beta or wait until March!? I really can not wait to get back to regularly playing Uncharted multiplayer again.

I'll definitely be on the Beta.