NEurope
bryanee

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

IGN say that the third act is repetitive and drawn out. Visuals are stunning but the game lacks many stand out set pieces, which doesn't seem like an Uncharted game.

I do worry though after playing three Uncharted games and two Tomb Raiders quite recently that I'll be burnt out by the time I get to play this. I may wait a while before I get it.

IGN say that the third act is repetitive and drawn out. Visuals are stunning but the game lacks many stand out set pieces, which doesn't seem like an Uncharted game.

Whereas the Gamespot review said it has the best set pieces in the series. I wonder which it will be? :D

Having a playthrough of Uncharted 3 this week, forgot i never played it. And luckily, got the whole of next week off. So between spending time with the Mrs, i'll be playing some Uncharted.

Strange. I wonder if they've sold out of their allocation.

Just a heads up for those wanting to preorder with them, they've said that the game will not be shipping early and will only be posted on Monday.

Ya, Got a reply back from them, all there allocation is gone

Ya, Got a reply back from them, all there allocation is gone

If you pre-order from ShopTo there's a chance you'll have it tomorrow I think...

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4UN00-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-launch-edition

Orders were starting to be processed from yesterday and I'm sure I had a dispatch e-mail already, granted it hasn't turned up today but Friday or Saturday is likely, they still seem to have plenty of stock too. : peace:

Had my order processing email earlier, don't mind if it doesn't arrive early (would be nice though)

I only preordered mine this morning. For some reason I thought the game was 2 weeks away. ::shrug:

If you pre-order from ShopTo there's a chance you'll have it tomorrow I think...

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4UN00-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-launch-edition

Orders were starting to be processed from yesterday and I'm sure I had a dispatch e-mail already, granted it hasn't turned up today but Friday or Saturday is likely, they still seem to have plenty of stock too. : peace:

I would assume that if Simply Games are only getting their stock delivered Monday then that would be the same for all online sites. They've probably just started processing rather than dispatched. It wouldnt be the first time that ShopTo have claimed stuff has dispatched when it actually hadnt.

I would assume that if Simply Games are only getting their stock delivered Monday then that would be the same for all online sites. They've probably just started processing rather than dispatched. It wouldnt be the first time that ShopTo have claimed stuff has dispatched when it actually hadnt.

I think you're right in saying that the games haven't shipped yet. There's a message when you log in to your account saying that they aren't shipping the game until the weekend. So Monday will probably be the earliest people will get it.

The launch of Uncharted 4 is just around the corner and if you have a pre-order with us we want to make sure you are as prepared as possible.

Due to high demand we will begin processing/charging pre-orders from Wednesday May the 4th onwards in preparation for dispatch over the weekend before launch.

If I hadn't such a damn backlog I'd buy it, but it's going to have to wait!

Kinda Funny said the same thing, and they're huge Uncharted fans

Colin and Greg are just annoyed at the timed and accuracy trophies. :D They didn't seem happy about it on PS I Love You.

With filter options like this, I expect nothing but a solid 10 from you.

rpfldh.jpg

(Srs though, this is cool)

Bit bummed about the reviews. This is the principle reason I wanted a ps4, and I'm sure I'll love it and it'll be great, but I was hoping for knockout reviews. Hearing about the pacing being pretty bad and it feeling a little been there done that... I don't know. Im sure it'll be great. But batman got similar notes and that was disappointing... Though ended up still really liking it.

Are there any reviews utterly creaming over it so I can get excited again.

Came into this thread, now I'm seeing people talking about how reviewers are saying a couple of bad things about the game.

*looks up scores*

Lol, day one.

Are there any reviews utterly creaming over it so I can get excited again.

There's plenty of perfect score reviews kicking about. Check out the neogaf review thread.

I've got a list of people on here who will no doubt not like the game for various reasons. Let's see if I'm correct....

Sony are giving this a great marketing push. I've seen the advert on TV about 6 times tonight and seen it twice at the cinema. This is how you promote your franchises.

There's plenty of perfect score reviews kicking about. Check out the neogaf review thread.

I've got a list of people on here who will no doubt not like the game for various reasons. Let's see if I'm correct....

Sony are giving this a great marketing push. I've seen the advert on TV about 6 times tonight and seen it twice at the cinema. This is how you promote your franchises.

After I posted I hunted out more reviews. Wireds is a really weird one. But pretty fun to read. Giant bombs was good!

Came into this thread, now I'm seeing people talking about how reviewers are saying a couple of bad things about the game.

*looks up scores*

Lol, day one.

It's currently sitting on a 94 Metacritic rating. If this isn't good enough for those who allow reviews to influence their purchase then I dunno what the hell they want out of a game.

Oh, you will be correct. Pretty sure I already know that list and the reasons.

Just started playing this, it's actually pretty terrible. :blank:

The characters look nothing like how they did in the previous games, the puzzles are really basic, and there's no voice acting! icon13.gif

Whoops! This isn't the Uncharted - Fortune Hunter thread, is it? :woops:

Sorry. :heh:

Actually, that's quite a cool little game. And you can earn rewards that transfer to Uncharted 4 with it. :awesome:

So did anyone get their copy from ShopTo yet?

Mine didn't arrive, I thought it odd when they stated it had been sent last Wednesdays, they must have been just sending the e-mails in advance.

Looks like it will be launch day for most of us then, I'm OK with that though so long as it turns up. :)

I'll pick this up on Wednesday. Cannot freaking wait. :bouncy:

I hope I'll be able to finish this by Friday because I probably won't have time to play over the weekend :D

Digital Foundry Article

I just read the verdict because I fear spoilers :laughing:

Uncharted 4 excels in presenting an unprecedented level of detail while actually expanding the core gameplay. Seeing both visuals and game design evolve and expand in one package is a rare treat indeed.

With all the recent talk about the PlayStation Neo, Uncharted 4 demonstrates just how much can still be achieved on less powerful hardware.

Sounds like the series ends with a true masterpiece.

Edited by drahkon