N-Europe

Shovel Knight

Dcubed

Still no Eu release date... whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

:(

It looks so good. :weep:

I'm about 3-4 hours through my playthrough and it's sooo good. Game of the year so far by a HUGE mile.

In fact, if it continues on like this, I would say that it's the best 2D platformer I've ever played.

Edited by Goron_3

So the file size is 186MB which is fine, I can live with that. Unlike Toki Tori 2, while I love it's new price, there's no way I'm downloading a platformer like that that is 1.2GB. My space is precious. Speaking of price, is there a definite price for this yet?

So the file size is 186MB which is fine, I can live with that. Unlike Toki Tori 2, while I love it's new price, there's no way I'm downloading a platformer like that that is 1.2GB. My space is precious. Speaking of price, is there a definite price for this yet?

Wasn't there an update which shrunk the size of Toki Tori 2?

--- just checked and it seems the file size was reduced to 450MB after the update ---

In any case I would expect Shovel Knight to be no less than £9.99 but no more than £14.99 as that would seem to be the cut-off point for even a substantial download only title.

Do we even have a reason why Europe isn't getting it? (Yet?)
You mean why Europe isn't getting it on Wii U or 3DS yet, as it'll be available on Steam in a couple of days time.

I'd really like to play this on Wii U, but it's going to be pretty difficult to resist just getting it for PC instead now. :hmm:

You mean why Europe isn't getting it on Wii U or 3DS yet, as it'll be available on Steam in a couple of days time.

I'd really like to play this on Wii U, but it's going to be pretty difficult to resist just getting it for PC instead now. :hmm:

yesi did, but i've been trying to pretend it was only on WiiU/3DS so i can actually wait for them to be released.....but silence of stuff like this makes me fear a scribblenauts type situation

Wasn't there an update which shrunk the size of Toki Tori 2?

--- just checked and it seems the file size was reduced to 450MB after the update ---

In any case I would expect Shovel Knight to be no less than £9.99 but no more than £14.99 as that would seem to be the cut-off point for even a substantial download only title.

The eShop says 1134.2MB of space is needed for Toki Tori 2.

For what it's worth, my copy of this game took up 800MB I believe.

Most impressive thing about this game is how utterly brilliant the level design is. It's magnificant at times and it puts some older 2D games to shame. The upgrade system also works really well and provides a really incentive to collect as much gold as possible by exploring every nook and cranny.

For those debating whether to get the Wii U or 3DS version, I'd recommend it on Wii U. I've not played the 3DS version but from what I've heard it's much more difficult to control. That said, I think it would look amazing in 3D as some of the parallax, particularly in later levels, is incredible.

For what it's worth, my copy of this game took up 800MB I believe.

Most impressive thing about this game is how utterly brilliant the level design is. It's magnificant at times and it puts some older 2D games to shame. The upgrade system also works really well and provides a really incentive to collect as much gold as possible by exploring every nook and cranny.

For those debating whether to get the Wii U or 3DS version, I'd recommend it on Wii U. I've not played the 3DS version but from what I've heard it's much more difficult to control. That said, I think it would look amazing in 3D as some of the parallax, particularly in later levels, is incredible.

Are you talking about Shovel Knight? I thought it's 186MB in size?

Are you talking about Shovel Knight? I thought it's 186MB in size?

I may be mistaken; I downloaded it last week and haven't checked it since :heh:

Out of interest, which version do you think you'll be getting? My review copy was on Steam but I can't wait until I get my hands on the Wii U version :D

Out of interest, which version do you think you'll be getting? My review copy was on Steam but I can't wait until I get my hands on the Wii U version :D

It would be Wii U. I don't game on anything bar Nintendo. Maybe the steam version is larger, less compression, higher resolution, etc. I've read in a couple of places that it's 186MB for Wii U.

I'm reading this from a fair few people as well. It seems that they are gonna lose a few sales on the Wii U version. It's nuts that they still haven't even said why it's been delayed over here.

I'm reading this from a fair few people as well. It seems that they are gonna lose a few sales on the Wii U version. It's nuts that they still haven't even said why it's been delayed over here.

Last we heard from them about its status on Twitter, they said that it has been PEGI/USK/UK rated and it's in the process of getting localised/NOE Lotchecked.

The one on Steam is probably English only.

It's a shame because the 3DS version, when the 3D is on, is absolutely stunning from what I've heard. My review copy looked fantastic on my laptop but I think it won't look as great on my TV.

If anyone's interested, my first playthrough took me 11 hours. I'm on my second run through now...very good.

It's a shame because the 3DS version, when the 3D is on, is absolutely stunning from what I've heard. My review copy looked fantastic on my laptop but I think it won't look as great on my TV.

If anyone's interested, my first playthrough took me 11 hours. I'm on my second run through now...very good.

What are you using as your control setup?

I reckon you might be, it's 200 MB according to the Steam store page.

Almost certain it's because of translation. Either way, the Nintendo versions are definitely gonna suffer a bit as a result. :nono:

The one on Steam is probably English only.
Yep, it's English only.

I've used both the keyboard and a 360 controller throughout my play through :)

I'm certain this game will be in people's GOTY :)

If I do cave in and get it for PC, I'll be using a Wii U Pro Controller, so at least it'll still kind of feel like playing it on Wii U. :indeed::heh:

As tempting as it is to go ahead and dig into the Steam release... I will resist!

Shovelry requires only the finest quality dirt that can be found on Wii U and 3DS (yes I'm getting both versions). I will not muddy the waters with a dirty peasant version that would sully my excavation into this deep and glorious earthly wonder!

Till that time comes, I must wait for the true versions to land... ok I'll stop now :p