N-Europe

Kirby: Triple Deluxe

Retro_Link

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saving this game for a potential future drought, cool to see it's going down well. :)

It's Kirby at his finest. I've even found myself playing bits of it with the 3D on because the effect is so good. Screw the headaches. :D

The gyro features are quite welcome as well. They aren't over the top and give you a platform to move here and there.

Yup, seriously impressed by the game.

Nuts, isn't it?

I couldn't put it down earlier and finished the first 3 worlds 100% in a sitting. :D The game is fantastic and just full of character and charm. The section on world 3 with the 3 little Waddle Dees ( 3 little pigs ) was hilarious.

I had the same problem last night. Had to wake up early this morning to get a swim in with my son. Started this at 11:00pm for a quick taster session. When I looked at the clock it was just after 1:00am. Totally addictive, followed by lack of sleep.

Every real Kirby fan knows that his games are always easy until you get to the boss rush and other secret modes. Then it suddenly becomes bollock hard ;)

Which reminds me...

Have you beat the N64 boss rush? Or is it still completely hopeless?

itshopeless_7587.jpg

It's by far the hardest Kirby challenge that I can think of...

Edited by Glen-i

Does the L button do anything/much in this? I really need to get mine fixed(they didn't do it when they did the last repair) but I also feel like I can't be all that arsed and want to play this!

L or R blocks/dodges by default. I think you should be OK, I didn't use them much. :p Unless the bonus stuff uses it more I haven't played most of them yet.

I still have a load of keyrings to collect, do you get some from the bonus games? I know you can from

Dededetour

I still have a load of keyrings to collect, do you get some from the bonus games? I know you can from

Dededetour

How many were you sitting on at the end of the game?

I think i'm on about 100, with all of worlds 6 left to go. I've read that world 1-2 is the fastest for farming the keyrings, especially if you have the fire ability.

After playing it a load on Saturday, I took a break from it for a couple of days. I fired it back up again yesterday and it's just a joy to play the game. You can't help but smile at the colours, music and animations. Easily one of my favourite games of the year so far.

How many were you sitting on at the end of the game?

I think i'm on about 100, with all of worlds 6 left to go. I've read that world 1-2 is the fastest for farming the keyrings, especially if you have the fire ability.

I had 128 keyrings. I've got no idea how many there are though. You can use Play Coins but it's 3 coins for a keyring! :o

2 of the unlockable bonus modes do give you keyrings but they probably aren't the most efficient way, I might try farming them in 1-2 and see how that goes.

I had 128 keyrings. I've got no idea how many there are though. You can use Play Coins but it's 3 coins for a keyring! :o

2 of the unlockable bonus modes do give you keyrings but they probably aren't the most efficient way, I might try farming them in 1-2 and see how that goes.

There are 256 to collect. :D

There are 256 to collect. :D

Half way there then. ;)

I can get 4 - 5 keyrings in 1-2 depending if I don't screw up the Goal Game. Not really sure why the fire ability is needed about from killing Mr Frosty easily.

I'm probbaly missing a bunch of rare ones since I found an easy one in 1-2 as well. >.<

Half way there then. ;)

I can get 4 - 5 keyrings in 1-2 depending if I don't screw up the Goal Game. Not really sure why the fire ability is needed about from killing Mr Frosty easily.

I'm probbaly missing a bunch of rare ones since I found an easy one in 1-2 as well. >.<

Yeah, there's a rare one on each level.

I think the fire ability is just for speed as the dash move sends you flying across the screen.

Completed the main game yesterday. Wasn't sure how much I was enjoying it at first, but I did end up loving it, therefore it's a keeper for the 3DS collection. The final boss battle was one of the best I've played in a while. Will slowly try and collect all the key chains now and do better in the mini-games.

Did anyone see this on the Nintendo 3DS Facebook page ? Thanks to my girlfriend's help, I won a Kirby plush!

BoFhJF9IgAEKhUL.jpg

Edited by welsh_gamer

Completed the main game yesterday. Wasn't sure how much I was enjoying it at first, but I did end up loving it, therefore it's a keeper for the 3DS collection. Will slowly try and collect all the key chains and do better in the mini-games.

Did anyone see this on the Nintendo 3DS Facebook page ? Thanks to my girlfriend's help, I won a Kirby plush!

BoFhJF9IgAEKhUL.jpg

That's both hilarious and freaky as hell.

zlCfzR9WSC0oYIwC7w

Going back to find the rare keychains helped but still hard to farm 1-2. The game seems pretty forgiving for giving new keychains so it wasn't too bad.

Good man. So has that netted you the 100% on the file screen?

I'm on the final world myself and then it's off to farm!

Good man. So has that netted you the 100% on the file screen?

I'm on the final world myself and then it's off to farm!

78% on my file. The other modes count towards the total and I can't be bothered with them. :p Maybe some other time if I get bored.

78% on my file. The other modes count towards the total and I can't be bothered with them. :p Maybe some other time if I get bored.

Pants! I didn't realise those counted as well. Yeah, I'll probably get the keychains and call it a day there as well. I've never been a fan of the mini games in the Kirby games.

Just got to world 5, loving it so far! The carnival/haunted mansions especially + those levels' music!!

It's amazing how dull this makes Yoshi's New Island seem by comparison.

Edited by Ronnie

Just got me 100% on this, as seen on Miiverse. I wasn't going to bother but I was having so much fun playing it I just kept going. :D

The True Arena was especially fun and also challenging. The Dedede mode was also a laugh.

The most annoying part of getting full completion was easily the keyrings. Even after finishing all other modes I was still 70 odd off the amount needed. I just kept replaying level 1-2 between rounds on Titanfall. :)

This was an absolute joy to play and definitely the best Kirby game I've played. With this done I'm all set for Mario Kart.

Just got me 100% on this, as seen on Miiverse. I wasn't going to bother but I was having so much fun playing it I just kept going. :D

The True Arena was especially fun and also challenging. The Dedede mode was also a laugh.

What ability did you use to beat the True Arena?

For me, it was Archer! Archer is so busted, it's hilarious!