N-Europe

N-E I Need You!

Eddage

Hey guys, I'm currently creating a student guide to the top comedy movies for a Uni project so I need your help...

Basically I'm after everyone's top 10 comedy films (from the last 50 years), in order would be helpful but if you can't decide then just giving me ten is great.

Thanks.

If you ask me again tomorrow then im sure this list will be different but here are the ones I came up with today:

1. Airplane

2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

3. Ghostbusters

4. Shaun of the Dead

5. Wayne's World

6. The Naked Gun

7. Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie

8. American Pie

9. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

10. Planes, Trains & Automobiles

1)Kung Pow

2)Airplane

3)Team America

4)Naked Gun

5)The Mask

6)South Park (the movie)

7)Hot Shots Part Deux

8)Ace Ventura 1

I'll do the rest later...(I can't remember any more films...)

Edited by 130131301364

In case anyone is interested this is how my list looks at the moment...

1. Monty Python and the Holy Grail (101)

2. Airplane! (95)

3. Anchorman (55)

4. The Hangover (54)

5. Blazing Saddles (37)

6. Shaun of the Dead (36)

7. Ghostbusters / Superbad (35)

9. Borat (33)

10. The Big Lebowski (31)

The number after the brackets is how many points they have, 10 points for number 1, 9 points for number 2, etc.

I've basically scoured the internet for as many lists as I can find (Empire, Total Film, The Guardian, etc), although only a couple of them were student orientated, so hopefully some of you guys can try and think of it from a student perspective (and vote for Office Space, it's amazing but currently in 15th place with 23 points :heh: )!

How strict is the 50 years rule? I can think of at least 2 or 3 good ones that fall outside of that.

Very strict, and to be honest I'm thinking of reducing it.

Whilst I have no doubt there are some fantastic older films I think the average student would be more likely to dismiss a film because of it's age.

@Happenstance great list. Not seen MST3K: The movie - didn't even know it was a thing!

(This is) Spintal Tap! would get my vote. alongside maybe Young Frankenstein and Top Secret! (but airplane! is the daddy of spoofs, so that slides). if the 50-year-rule was exempt then a Marx Bros film too (personally loved Duck Soup as a kid but hey). Not many student-oritented ones!

1. The Man With Two Brains

2. Undercover Brother

3. Last Action Hero

4. Trading Places

5. Cable Guy

6. Evil Dead 2

7. Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

9. Rush Hour

10. Team America

Honorary mentions to the Pink Panther & Dr Strangelove, which both fall just inside the 50 year rule but I decided not to push it.

Other honorary mentions to The Jerk, The Lonely Guy, and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (all pre-domesticated Steve Martin movies along with The Man With Two Brains, so I just picked my favourite one).

Edited by gaggle64