NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

Bit disappointed that I scored 77 goals and didn't win the league.

An inquiry has been launched.

Lost and relegated.

However my DVs are good across the board and whichever league I'm in next time I should do well.

Someone tell me how to join this cup thing! Total newb here cant remember how to do much so im learning it all fresh!

You just say "I'm in the cup". :heh:

We do an unofficiall pre-season cup just organised ourselves so we just need a list of members takign part here.

N-Euro Championship Cup Season 28

1. bob
  2. Hadens Rangers
  3. DuDs Baggies
  4. Atlético Aqui1a
  5. Leeds M.O.T
  6. Intergalactico Stars
  7. Fedex United
  8. Yellow Submarine
  9. AC Elites
  10. The Roger Federer Crew
  11. Winston Gardens FC
  12. Cubic County
  13. Les Balbuzards
  14. Silverdale salmon
  15. AFC Dedede
  16. The Sixty-Fourthers
  17. The Comerade Co-op
  18. Eights United
  19. Cider Seagulls
  20. Recall United
  21. Lords of Hydra
  22. Kippen FC

@Jimbob will you be able to do a draw by the 22nd?

Congratulations to all the promoted teams and commiserations to those that are relegated. I will do a post later with spotlight and alliance winners. I'll add everyone into a lottery (along with haden's report winners) for free vip - unless haden wanted to do a separate one?

Ffuuucckkk - happy with forth but it doesn't mean I'll be promoted does it?? How will it work with Oddy leaving? One less relegation in upper league or one more promotion in mid? SHould have played for the draw. URGH.

2vhul28.png

Couple of poor ones (Gert and Cornelio) though passable aside from those.

Roger can't post pics on the forum yet so he asked me to do so

Ry02slr.jpg?1

Well done Rog.

Also: well done Zell. Unbelieveable to win two in a row looking at your team next to Eights. Brilliant work.

Edited by dan-likes-trees

Oh well, as a small consolation I'm consistent in the top at least. 6th top three position in a row.

@dan\-likes\-trees it's Charlie that will be saved. League changes always favour the higher league.

Edited by Tales

Well i don't think I deserved to get relegated but it is what it is... anyway, that should mean Flink will stay since he's survived (congrats).

I had a 750k win bonus in the hope that I could at the very least draw the game. Still not enough.

Will just have to bounce back up again. Suppose my change report will be decent since 14DV is the lowest I have of my 'active' players.

Unlucky dude with the result. You deserved to stay up ahead of me, we haven't played well at all this season.

I have no idea what I want to do. It's been an awful season for us and I've lost quite a lot of excitement for this game. I no longer get that buzz over games or results, even the big ones. Today, we stayed up and won on the final day of the season, quite dramatically, yet I feel nothing.

I don't know whether to try and go ahead with next season, or whether to bow out now. Genuinely unsure. I'm annoyed because I've rebuilt this team from scratch.

N-Euro Championship Cup Season 28

1. bob
  2. Hadens Rangers
  3. DuDs Baggies
  4. Atlético Aqui1a
  5. Leeds M.O.T
  6. Intergalactico Stars
  7. Fedex United
  8. Yellow Submarine
  9. AC Elites
  10. The Roger Federer Crew
  11. Winston Gardens FC
  12. Cubic County
  13. Les Balbuzards
  14. Silverdale salmon
  15. AFC Dedede
  16. The Sixty-Fourthers
  17. The Comerade Co-op
  18. Eights United
  19. Cider Seagulls
  20. Recall United
  21. Lords of Hydra
  22. Kippen FC

@Jimbob will you be able to do a draw by the 22nd?

Congratulations to all the promoted teams and commiserations to those that are relegated. I will do a post later with spotlight and alliance winners. I'll add everyone into a lottery (along with haden's report winners) for free vip - unless haden wanted to do a separate one?

Add in @Esequiel to the cup as well.

Unlucky dude with the result. You deserved to stay up ahead of me, we haven't played well at all this season.

I have no idea what I want to do. It's been an awful season for us and I've lost quite a lot of excitement for this game. I no longer get that buzz over games or results, even the big ones. Today, we stayed up and won on the final day of the season, quite dramatically, yet I feel nothing.

I don't know whether to try and go ahead with next season, or whether to bow out now. Genuinely unsure. I'm annoyed because I've rebuilt this team from scratch.

Why ain't you happy to be a manager again?

I'm numb with xpert, this season I stayed up but the psychic wound may be permanent.

You ever been dirty tricked or humiliated Flinky?

Once when I played Ell he raped me.

(Dirty tricks Flinky)

Stop it Haden.

Are you relegated?

Well my team needs development but I didn't go down.

And obviously you didn't go down when Ell destroyed you, so including the beatdown by Winston that is three humilations that didn't relegate you.

Losses, humilations, don't end you or PR putdowns or dirty tricks. This game ends when you resign until then you have more punishment in store, stand it like a man and give some back...

Round 12: Season Ends Awards Start

Rossers Rovers 0-2 Hadens Rangers

Rangers secured a routine victory against a Rovers side lacking any real direction. Rovers and Rangers both played 4-4-2 and shared equal amounts of possession with Rangers just edging this. However Rangers were more creative making 5 chances to just 2 for Rovers. It took two veterans to get the breakthrough as Mallett found Astle in space, the midfielder in his last season with Rangers made no mistakes when thumping the goal into the corner. Things began to flow well for Rangers as the youth Mossley swung in a corner Mallett connected with a viscous volley that hit the goalie and parried into the net. Rovers had nothing to offer in return and Rangers saw out this match with ease. Rovers after a promising start to the campaign now look doomed as their manager seems to have abandoned them. Rangers on the other hand are getting inconsistent results but seem to be winning just enough to keep their head above water.

DuDs Baggies 3-1 RFC

The Baggies powered to an emphatic victory against league leaders RFC. Baggies looked full of confidence with a 3-5-2 formation against 4-5-1 for RFC. It all started well for Baggies as Izon fed Ashe who curled in a long range shot after just 4 minutes. RFC lost defender Iwanicki on the 23rd minute and then that man Shearer headed Baggies two up before half time. RFC having made only one chance in the first half looked lacking of ideas and the manager subbed two players on after the break, however this backfired as Baggies hit on the break when Ashe floated a long ball above everyone into the path of Nixon who beat the goalie with ease. Sauber chalked up a powerful long range shot to get RFC a consolation but Baggies frankly deserved this win which keeps their title hopes alive and shows RFC are just a club not an unbeatable machine.

Winston Gardens FC 2-4 AC Elites

It seems odd now to think both these teams were once in the top league as Winston have struggled while the Elites seem to be on the path to promotion. This was a fantastic game however, both sides played 4-4-2 and it was high pace from the get go. The Elites dominated proceedings but it was Winston who took the lead as Akera smashed a long range punt in off the crossbar. Two controversial penalities in the space of 4 minutes saw Pratchett making it 1-1 and then Joyce restoring Winston's lead. After the break the Elites began to assert their dominance, they again levelled this time courtesy of a Faketura header and then at this point sieged the Winston box making 8 chances to 1 in the 2nd half. It was Steele who got the breakthrough as he lobbed the Winston goalie who was caught off his line. A Huber cross that was headed in by Brain sealed the result. However a very nasty confrontation between Faketura and the Winston captain Thomas happened at the end of the match. Thomas won the ball from Faketura while he was wasting time, Faketura seemed embarrassed by this and pushed Thomas into the stands provoking a furious reaction from the whole of Winston's team. The two teams clashed in the centre circle and the referee had to both calm them down and send Faketura off, a bad end to a great match.

Dragooooo 6-3 Fedex United

Dragooooo had a topsy turvy dramatic win against a Fedex side that seemed on the verge of a great comeback. Dragooooo came out all guns blazing with a 4-5-1 formation against the usual 4-4-2 for Fedex. Dragooooo began the scoring when Wielink lofted in a freekick for Iacopino to poke home. With over 60% possession their assault was relentless, Strindlov combined with Barculo not once but twice first setting the lone striker up for a tap in then a headed goal. Moments later Strindlov himself scored from a blistering close range shot that flew past a helpless goalie. Fedex fans seemed consigned to a defeat but some hope appeared when Platt found the defender Pearce of all people past Dragooooo's defence and able to shoot home. Fedex's manager looked fuming and his team came out with passion in the 2nd half, that man Platt appeared again this time hitting in a close range shot set up by Potts. Potts who was brought on at half time then headed in a goal to make it 4-3 with 30 minutes to go! Dragooooo's manager looked concerned and brought on Forsyth and then Farlan to help turn the game back around. It had an instant impact, Forsyth was to quick for Fedex and nipped down the wing to cross in a perfect ball for Iacopino to head in the bottom right corner. Then Farlan dribbled out of trouble and set up Forsyth for a long range shot which he dispatched to make it 6-3. This was a fantastic match to watch, Fedex were outplayed in midfield but the home side will worry that they conceded 3 but will be thrilled to score 6 with only 1 recognised striker.

Coloccini FC 2-2 Leeds M.O.T

Coloccini really went for the win in this game playing 3-5-2 against an adventurous Leeds that picked a 3-4-3 formation. In a close first half Leeds made the breakthrough when Burchell slotted in Townshend who dispatched a finish with class to put Leeds ahead. Surprisingly Leeds were gaining more possession but Coloccini began to make more chances in the 2nd half. Haslop hit in a fantastic direct freekick to the delight of the home fans. Then soon after Murgita drew away Leeds sparse defence and found Costa with a beautiful through-ball, Costa rounded the goalie to make it 2-1. Coloccini failed to see the game out however, it was the dangerman Townshend again who beat two men and curled in the ball for Howson how emphatically headed it home. Neither side could find the killer blow but Coloccini will feel they could have won this with 9 chances to only 5 for Leeds.

Most Important Results: DuDs Baggies 3-1 RFC

DuD again racks up a crucial win against a rival this time beating RFC to gain some ground in the title race.

Stylish Team: AC Elites

The Elites with a fantastic away victory making 12 chances and scoring 4 goals showing why they may be too good for this league.

Player of the round: Gregor Forsyth, Dragooooo

Was a super sub for his team when they were on the ropes creating a goal and then scoring one to take control of a match that was starting to slip away.

Results so far.

Important Results: Winston, Dragooooo, Dragoooo, Colocinni, Rangers, RFC, RFC, Leeds, DuD, DuD, DuD

Style: DuD, Winston, RFC, RFC, Rovers, DuD, Elites, Leeds, DuD, Colocinni, Elites

Player: Winston, Winston, Rovers, Colocinni, Colocinni, Rovers, Leeds, Winston, Dragooooo, Winston, Dragooooo

Will do a short synopsis for the rest of the games and then show the overall winners to add to a big VIP pot that Peeps is running.

Btw huge congrats to Zell, Roger and Dedede for fantastic victories all three were in a way unexpected.

Ell you should do your predictions competition for next season this reminds me how bad I am at that :P

Edited by Haden

I wonder what is going to happen with the awards. I'm joint first with Battlestar in points, and second behind him in goals. Me and Silverdale is joint 4th in X11 after the first 3 is taken by Battlestar. That's at least a million I could potentially get, or not get.

No problem, should be able to do a draw tomorrow (Saturday 19th) if that is ok with everyone. How does 9pm sound to everyone.

I'm happy to do predictions again. Will enough people be up for it though?

Ell if its me vs you then thats enough :grin:

Add in @bob) at least to see how that goes for a season. I'm hoping it'll encourage activity.... but it'll be a bitch to tally up haha

---------------------

Bit tired but I wanted to get this done for @Esequiel. I haven't changed anything from when I posted this before and I've not checked it through lol. The only addition is Esequiel's team run-down and the average age bit at the end. If anyone wants to add to this, please do. Also Esequiel, my pointers for your team are guidelines based on how I like to run a team, other people may have different ideas so take note of anyone else that comments on your team :p

Xpert Quick Beginner's Guide

I just wanted to make sure the new guys know about how important it is to keep good form for your players and get high development values. Without high development values, your players will not increase in skill.

Player Development

The first thing you should look at for your players is age against skill. The average is 18-4 (to become 19-5, 20-6 etc as a baseline). If you have players below this average, they are probably not worth keeping on to train (but arguably once they get to 9/10 skill they're decent enough to keep around if it keeps your team balanced). Focus should always be on youth.

Players also have special qualities which are explained HERE - take note of Divas as simply giving them their favourite shirt number will remove any negative effects they would otherwise have.

Development Values - Players increase their base skill at the end of each season in the change report. The size of the increase/decrease is determined by development values (DV) - which you can keep track of if you hover over the player name in your team list. A DV of 10 or higher will give your player an increase in skill but to get a visible raise (ie, to get one skill bar higher) you would be aiming for 14/15 at the very least.

DVs are worked out by your player's average form and match experience over the season. If you play stronger teams and lose, you can still get good DV for your players if you can keep their form up as your player's match experience will be better when you play high skilled teams (DV is an accountable figure but match experience is hidden and probably not worth thinking too much about). Younger players will raise easier than older players who may not raise even on 16/17 DV.

Form

Your player's form has an influence on how well that player will play in a match. A player on 10 form will usually play TO his skill level during the game. A player on higher than 10 form will usually play above their own skill level during a game. You can see how well your players did during the game afterwards when you look at your 'last line-up'.

formq.png

(the layout has since changed, you can get to your last line up by hovering over the 'squad' icon)

As you can see, my keeper played one skill bar lower than his base skill as did my 17-4 midfielder who was on 10 form. My 26-9 defender who was on 17 form, played to 3 bars above his own base skill. You can see Ernst Heinzmann was on good form but played below his skill level. This is because my opponent had him marked as my playmaker so he did not play as well due to being marked in the game. If he had actually been my playmaker, it likely would've stopped all of my midfield from playing too well above their own skills.

Form values are not always reliable as they only show your player's last form change. The arrows indicate which way the form is trending so you can get an idea of whether a player is going to continue to drop or not. HERE is a link that goes into form and form trends a bit better. You can try to boost player's form with form training (expensive but worth it) but remember the higher your player's form, the less likely they are to raise their form by much (or at all).

I'll also give my opinion on your teams, just what I'd do if I were starting out with what you've got. Maybe it'll give you a bit of insight into how to think about team development. Hopefully some other people will comment some things too as I don't want to steer anyone wrong.

Generally I liked to go for 2 keepers, 5/6 in defence, 5/6 in midfield and 3 up front with a good balance of old and young / high and low skilled players.

Esequiel 's team

Untitled_zps9d3f4015.png

This is not a bad team to start with. Your defence is your weakest area though. Obviously buying in players is expensive so you are going to be stuck with some players for a while but don't feel like you have to play them in games. If they aren't worth training, don't play them unless you have to. I always go by the 18-4 curve. On average a player should be 18-4, 19-5, 20-6 etc.

Goalkeepers - Personally I would keep your 28-9 and get a youth keeper in to train alongside him. The 25-4 is not worth keeping and you won't get any money for him - sack if possible.

Defence - Definitely keep the 17-4 but the others are replaceable. Bring some youths in and a veteran or two (anyone 30-10 or above that you can afford). Either invest in the youth academy and wait (players from the youth team will already have a red heart which means your player is invested in the team and will perform better in matches), or buy some cheap players in the transfer market.

Midfield - Ignore your older players, sack them if you can. Your 28-8, 26-8 and 24-9 (especially him) are fine to start with but they shouldn't be your main focus. Bring up a couple of youths (I'd say 2, 3 at most). You can get cheap high skilled players if you look for players aged 30+ but be warned, players can retire at any age past 30 (but you will be warned the season before). Alternatively you could go for more youth and have a young and fairly low-skilled midfield but after a couple of good seasons they would be developed into a great team.

Forwards - I'd keep the 28-8 and get either two youths or one youth and a veteran.

Average Age - When doing your match line ups you should be aware of your average age. The average age should be between 25 and 29 years for the team or team part to be able to perform at its best. If the average age is lower than 25 years then the team/team part will suffer from a performance reduction due to having too little routine/experience. The lower the average age is the bigger the performance reduction will be. If the team/team part instead would have a average age above 29 years then it would suffer from a performance reduction due to the lack of hunger. The higher the average age will be the bigger the performance reduction will be. Players in teams/team parts with low or high average age will not only suffer from performance reduction. They will also not assimilate match experience from the match as well as if the team/team part would have a normal average age.

^that was taken from the xpert rules. Basically keep your team to 25-29 in defence/midfield/offence/overall or your team will have a performance reduction. This won't just affect your players skill in the game, they will get less DV than they should. Sometimes it's unavoidable to play a team outside of 25-29 but try and get it as close to that as you can.

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

Even I learned a little from that, and i'm one of the best managers in the league. Thanks Peeps!

All things considered a third place finish is a good season for us as in previous ones we've been in a relegation fight. Sad to see you go Oddy, I'm not sure whether you set tactics for our game but it was nice to finally get a win over you.:heh:

Maybe we should set up a Super league with everyone in it, and use that to determine the separate leagues for the next season.

The problem with changing the structure of the league is it will create a super long season if we do one league that may well put off people, if we change the numbers for other leagues it may cause them to finish at different times or if it is an odd number people will not have games every match day and again may lose interest or be annoyed if they miss setting tactics for a game.

Tbh we have always had a couple of dead teams in the lower leagues its just recently we have been great at recruiting and haven't had any dead teams at all!

Have we had confirmation from Flank yet?

Will this mean I'm not promoted? :(

Who's Flank? You should be promoted anyway?

Unless Madpool is removed as well. If his team is deleted, then that means only two teams are going down, while three go up. In order to correct that, the third placed team in the middle league won't get promoted I believe.

Edited by Tales
Automerged Doublepost

If we have enough dead teams could it not be 8-8-8?

Also, I know most are attached to their teams but if someone wants to take on Oddys I'm not against that. Not sure about others views on this?

Edited by Ellmeister
Automerged Doublepost

Hopefully Flinky won't leave if he doesn't we will need to get rid of a team to keep it 10-10-10 even if he let (please dont!!!) We would be nowhere near 8-8-8

Btw just noticed Leeds and I ended up with exactly the same points and GD and drew twice!

Yeah i realised after i posted that a super league would take like three times the number of games to play through. That would be rubbish.

Well i'm not fussed either way. I don't even care if i stay in the lower league for whatever reason - it's all the same shit anyway.

Hopefully Flinky won't leave if he doesn't we will need to get rid of a team to keep it 10-10-10 even if he let (please dont!!!) We would be nowhere near 8-8-8

Btw just noticed Leeds and I ended up with exactly the same points and GD and drew twice!

Can I wait until the change report until I see what I want to do? I can see it potentially being bad, as my strikers got shit DV this season (13,11 and 12) despite them playing an average of 15 games this season. In general, the DVs are below average.

Would my DV's be worse than they possibly could be due to playing shittier teams for a whole season? (Sorry Lower League but the proof is in the points)

I played Mbappe Leppe for 17 full games this season, and his DV is only 16. There's not much i could have done to get him higher...?