NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

Me and rog both in for the cup. Need a good run, there are rumours that the board will be 'considering their options' following a second consecutive Winston relegation...

Yeah that's actually a good suggestion bob! If people are up for it, I'll sort it out for next season :) might be a good way to keep teams active if they have two buddy teams spurring them on :p

Well Atletico took out 2 important players in the first half when it was 0-0. Ended up losing 2-0. Disappointing.

Unless I beat Yellow Submarine and he loses that's me down.

Well Atletico took out 2 important players in the first half when it was 0-0. Ended up losing 2-0. Disappointing.

Unless I beat Yellow Submarine and he loses that's me down.

As I failed to beat Ell it looks like I am staying in the middle flight for another season barring some sort of disaster. Kippen vs Rangers for the title next season.

How good would the top league be if in the next game Yellow Submarine lost Silverdale and Eights drew and Odwinica won.

Make it happen other teams! :P

As I failed to beat Ell it looks like I am staying in the middle flight for another season barring some sort of disaster. Kippen vs Rangers for the title next season.

We can resume our rivalry of Bayern Bru and whatever your old team was called!

I think you two are forgetting that team bob may well be in the middle league next season.

I think you two are forgetting that team bob may well be in the middle league next season.

Didn't forget, just don't see a team with a weak defence as a threat no matter how many goals they can score. ;)

kobe-reaction-gif.gif

You can pat yourself on the back all you want when you put 5 goals past bob, but it will still make no difference when I've scored 6.

That third place is looking very likely for you now.

Edit: I've just noticed that I'm actually promoted already. This season has exceeded my expectations.

Also, sign me up for the cup.

Edited by Cube

Round 9 and 10 Double Special: Every shot you take.

Hadens Rangers 2-1 Fedex United Fedex United 0-0 Hadens Rangers

In this double Rangers got the better of Fedex by winning at home and holding them to a draw away. In the first game Rangers played an aggressive 3-5-2 against Fedex who went for 4-4-2. After a back and forth first half Akerland fired Fedex ahead to the joy of away fans. However in the 2nd half Rangers began to push back, the pressure paid and they were awarded a penalty which Astle smashed in. Cahill who was brought on soon after the goal got Rangers second from a fantastic header. The game got more frantic after this with Atum unable to control himself picking up two yellows in the space of 6 minutes. In this chaotic period veteran Rangers striker Mallett was badly injured to the anger of his manager. Rangers held out in the end in what was a very entertaining match. In the return fixture both teams seemed more prepared for each other as they played 4-4-2 and chances were at more of a premium. Both teams tried to freshen things up but in the end neither side could make the breakthrough and the defences won out against attacking play. In the end Rangers will be very glad to have won this double, it helps then move up the table at the direct expense of Fedex.

Rossers Rovers 0-2 RFC RFC 2-0 Rossers Rovers

This was a really tough double for Rovers against the in form team of the Middle League. In the first game Rovers tried to play a balanced game but RFC simply dominated with their attacking 3-5-2 formation. They dictated play as if it was their own ground with 63% possession and 9 chances against 2. Of the RFC superstars it was Fosatti who won this game for them, firstly setting up Sauber with a beautifully curling corner and then misdirecting the keeper with a free kick minutes later. It was a fantastic game for RFC and in the 2nd game they tried to replicate but chose to go with a 3-4-3 formation while Rovers stuck with 4-4-2. Rovers had the measure of their opponents to begin with and limited their chances to just 2. Indeed RFC had to shuffle the deck a bit and brought on Taveira who soon made a difference by finding Lajes fr a headed goal. This goal got the crowd going and soon the win was secured when Normqvist played in an overlapping Weyermann who deftly chipped the goalie. This was an expected double win but a good six points for RFC who forge closer to the Elite League.

Coloccini FC 1-1 AC Elites AC Elites 3-0 Coloccini FC

This was a very tough double for Coloccini but they fought for a hard earned point in their first game. They went for a defensive 5-4-1 against Elites all round 4-4-2. Coloccini went in tough against their former top tier rivals and caused two early substitutions through injuries that hampered the flow of Elites game. However the away side seemed fired up after the break and Bull swung in a corner that Freund poked in. Coloccini were lacking much possession but while Elites only led by one they were always vulnerable. Then the goal did come from a Coloccini corner as Costa rose through he crowd to head the home side back into a level position. Neither side could win it but both managers shook at the end of a testing match. In the next game Elites felt like they had a point to prove and went for a strong 3-5-2 formation while Coloccini went for 4-4-2. This time it was all the Elites as they dominated with 6 chances to 0. Huber headed in a Bull header before Freund set up two this time first for Brain and then Faketura who headed crosses in. This was a fantastic display by the Elites but they may have wanted all 6 points in this double.

Leeds M.O.T 6-0 Dragooooo Dragooooo 7-1 Leeds M.O.T

Erm where do you start with this one? In the first game Leeds destroyed a club that was hounded with rumours of an unhappy manager and a team that had no will to play. With 10 chances and 6 goals a 4-3-3 set up destroyed Dragooooo's 4-4-2 lineup. Townshend scored twice from a shot and header. Pispek and Largo added headed goals in the first half and just before half time Woodlands scored via a direct free kick to make it 5-0. Leeds fans were singing your getting sacked in the morning to a glum Dragooooo manager. Burchell completed the rout on 77 minutes with a close range shot. However back at Dragooooo's ground the home side were possessed! The press had written the team off as an embarrassment but sporting a 3-5-2 formation against Leeds playing 4-3-3 again they dominated the second game, Strindlov set up four goals, Hottges scored two and set up two, while Frapper and Forsyth both got two goals themselves. A guided shot by Wielink counts for the other goal, only Townshend had anything to say as Leeds were utterly routed by a angry Dragooooo team who stormed over to the home fans with their manager right after the match. What an incredible double!

Winston Gardens 3-5 DuDs Baggies DuDs Baggies 5-0 Winston Gardens

Winston desperately needed a win from this double and started off well in the first game at home as they hit back after going behind from Izon. Both teams set up with 3-5-2 and Winston scored via two Zankho Benmouih link ups either side of half time to make it 2-1. Benmouih then grabbed his hat trick via a header to make it 3-1. Then the fightback began within 4 minutes Shearer and Izon had scored. Dhall hit in a direct curling free kick before in form Shearer poked in a close range shot to make it 5-3 to Baggies in an amazing back and forth game, what let Winston down in this game was their defence everywhere else they were equal or better than the Baggies. Unfortunately for Winston the return game was a different story, Baggies stayed with a 3-5-2 set up while Winston tried to balance things out with 4-4-2. This just allowed Baggies to dominate the game with their attacking prowess, Shearer headed in twice on the 7th and 11th minute, Dhall then curled in another freekick, while a Chan header and Nixon breakaway finished this very 1 sided contest. Baggies are storming into the mid part of the season with a lot of momentum while Winston desperately need some wins now.

Most Important Results: Winston Gardens 3-5 DuDs Baggies DuDs Baggies 5-0 Winston Gardens

Of all the teams it was the Baggies who really stepped it up a gear this double to get a great 6 points against a former top league rival and step up their claim for promotion with some wonderful football.

Stylish Team: DuDs Baggies

This is a controversial one, Dragoooo and Leeds were more stylish on their day but Baggies over two games scored 10 goals and produced some fantastic displays against a very good opponent.

Player of the round: PÄR-OLA STRINDLÖV, Dragooooo

The young midfielder did more in one game than most did in two, with four assists he was inspirational but it was also his attitude that earns him this award after he came back and played with such heart after such an awful week for his side.

Results so far.

Important Results: Winston, Dragooooo, Dragoooo, Colocinni, Rangers, RFC, RFC, Leeds, DuD

Style: DuD, Winston, RFC, RFC, Rovers, DuD, Elites, Leeds, DuD

Player: Winston, Winston, Rovers, Colocinni, Colocinni, Rovers, Leeds, Winston, Dragooooo

Winners from the three categories will be put in a draw at the end of the season to win a 3 month VIP!

It's getting closer at the top. All three teams also have away matches next round and home matches in the last rounds.

Solid 4-1 home win today with 68% possession.

Inching closer to that Lower League Title.

Oh, hi everyone! Roger Federer here,

So I'm currently feeling despondent and delighted in equal measure. My elimination in Shanghai against Monfils is very much the equivalent to those lower league faves Andy's AllStars demolishing Yellow Submarine 6-0, and very much puts my status as a top 10 player in doubt. And my tennis devs are bad, you would not even believe! A measly 11, this far into the season! I hear Nadal is on 18 devs right now, how am I even meant to compete against that?

Of course, you'd be right to assume that my drop in the world rankings correlates nicely with my continued progress in the N Europe world... an unexpected win today against an obstinate Leeds side sees my promotion guaranteed, and I can seal it with a #1 year end ranking against my great rival, Haden, come Tuesday. I'm sure it will be a five set smash!

I am of course very much 'up for the Davies cup'. One of my favourite tournaments!

And I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued belief in the beauty of sport.

Thanks,

Your Pal,

Gossip Girl xoxo

(only joking! Yours, Roger Federer)

Good win against @Charlie today. I was down two men before kick-off with one injured and the other suspended. It didn't help that Charlie was successful in injuring two of my players with his arlarse tactics, either. But my superior tactics helped break down Stoke's Kippen's defence. Hoooooof!

Decent 2-0 win and one step closer to staying up. :)

Good win against @Charlie today. I was down two men before kick-off with one injured and the other suspended. It didn't help that Charlie was successful in injuring two of my players with his arlarse tactics, either. But my superior tactics helped break down Stoke's Kippen's defence. Hoooooof!

Decent 2-0 win and one step closer to staying up. :)

You injured two of my players as well!

How are peoples devs looking? For the players that I want to go up most are at 15 or better but I sadly have two players who have enjoyed a rather poor season and are at 13 and 12 atm want them to get to 15 and 14 respectively before the season is over.

It's ok, could be better I guess. A few have reached the desired 16, and the younger keeper is 17. But there are others that are still on 13 that shouldn't be. Three points is a lot in two matches. Another two is on 15 but I hope they can rise one more.

Fjellbekk is set to get under 10 for the first time in his career. When he leaves, I have nothing from my first season...

Jeremias is on 7 because Nat is taking more games to get his DV now.

Unnarsson is on 10 after getting injured (again!)

Then I have: 2x 14s, 8x 15s, 3x 16, 1x 17 & 1x 18

One of the 14s is 17 years old so he'll be at least 16 unless he gets injured. I'll just have to see what I can do with the rest.

Oh man, I thought anything bigger than 10 was good. My team is not as good as I thought...

Jeremias is on 7 because Nat is taking more games to get his DV now.

Unnarsson is on 10 after getting injured (again!)

Then I have: 2x 14s, 8x 15s, 3x 16, 1x 17 & 1x 18

One of the 14s is 17 years old so he'll be at least 16 unless he gets injured. I'll just have to see what I can do with the rest.

Man that is remarkable, what else is outstanding is how you have the most goals scored with frankly not an amazing attack. Shearer seems to score so much even though he isn't rated that highly it must be his special abilities!

Well done this season I doubt you are going to win the league but you have done great.

Oh man, I thought anything bigger than 10 was good. My team is not as good as I thought...

Your team is quite big what I always do as a rule is get veteran players to 10 so they dont decrease and get the 25 and unders as high up as I can especially 20 or under want them hitting 16 DV plus.

you have the most goals scored

goatstare.gif

Yeah, that's pretty much what i've tried to do. I think my highest is 16, and i've only got 2 people under 10, one of whom is retiring anyway.

goatstare.gif

Yeah, that's pretty much what i've tried to do. I think my highest is 16, and i've only got 2 people under 10, one of whom is retiring anyway.

I meant in the proper leagues...

Just kidding :hug: you should be good to go if you get your players up to 16 that is very good.

Shearer was behind skill wise from the off.. I just knew he'd be good though (its in the name) :D