NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 28: The Underground World

I really like the sound of this:

One final thing you may want to check out. I have seen a rather large CL League that has like 4 "CL" groups, and 4 "League" groups. 2 teams from each CL group get relegated each season, while 2 from each "League" group being promoted to the CL groups. This seemed like a great format to me, as it gives interest amongst ALL the teams through out the entire League.

Depending on how the one off goes we could go with something like this??

Vote: Yesssssss

Does anyone want a friendly tomorrow btw?

8 groups? If we get two more teams, we would have four teams in each. That means seasons consisting of 6 matches plus finals right? Kinda short.

Was that to me or Dud? I agree less groups is better. Not that I mind many groups, but we don't have the teams.

I got the impression from what LFC73 said that we could..

(Say we have 30 teams.)

Have a kind of 2 tier system with 2 CL groups as the upper tier and 2 standard league groups as the lower tier, so 4 groups in total.

Have 8 & 8 in CL groups then 7 & 7 in standard groups.

All groups would play like a standard league, but the the top tiers (the CL groups) would go into a cup format at the end of the season.

Then clubs would get promoted into and out of the CL groups like in a normal system.

Is that possible? @Haden

Maybe for the teams that dont get into knock out rounds could have Europa cup as friendlies with a VIP prize on offer...?

(Say we have 30 teams.)

Have a kind of 2 tier system with 2 CL groups as the upper tier and 2 standard league groups as the lower tier, so 4 groups in total.

All groups would play like a standard league, but the the top tiers (the CL groups) would go into a cup format at the end of the season.

Then clubs would get promoted into and out of the CL groups like in a normal system.

Is that possible? @Haden

I have no idea tbh that sounds intense but also great lol!

I think Peeps will be able to help us out a lot as he can have a play around as admin to see what the options are.

(Say we have 30 teams.)

Is that possible? @Haden

Erm...

So currently we have a 1:1 league with 3 divisions. The options are 1:1, 1:2, 1:3 and CL.

If I select CL, I can choose how many groups. With 30 teams and 4 groups, it'd be 8-8-7-7. There is an option to tick '16 teams in finals' which I assume is the end of season cup format you mentioned?

I don't follow real life football at all so I don't know anything about how different leagues work really.

So the winners of each group would go into a cup at the end of the season?

The only thing I'm concerned about is how many extra games people would be playing and how it affects DV. I don't want the newer or weaker teams to miss out on match experience.

I don't mind a shake up after the CL season, but I would like to know exactly how it works before I say yes. I better not see teams like bob in the Elite league. The horror.

I wouldn't want to face me either.

I'm happy with whatever everyone else wants.

Maybe for the teams that dont get into knock out rounds could have Europa cup as friendlies with a VIP prize on offer...?

My vote is the 8-8-7-7 league format with the QF, SF and F at the end of the season for the top 4 from each of the CL groups. 2 teams promoted/relegated from each group.

Does anyone know how that structure would work? Is it:

CL1

CL2

Lowerleague1

LL2

How do promotions/relegations work? Is it LL2 promoted to LL1 or LL2 to CL2? I think we should send Xpert an email/message with a few questions regarding this. We haev a lot of planning time available as it's a season away yet.

I believe promotions would be LL1 and LL2 to CL1 and CL2. The two CL divisions would be equal as would the two lower divisions?

@Esequiel you are away to Recall United so you need to wait until @Jimbob challenges you to a match and you can accept it.

Xpert Update - they've added 'clean sheets' to the goalkeeper's player page. Interesting to see :)

Xpert Update - they've added 'clean sheets' to the goalkeeper's player page. Interesting to see :)

What does that mean? No goals let in? 6 times for my younger keeper, not bad at all.

They have also added a "thanks" button for press releases.

I believe promotions would be LL1 and LL2 to CL1 and CL2. The two CL divisions would be equal as would the two lower divisions?

How would that work if we carried on in the same format? Would that mean that teams that are in 1 would never play a team in 2?

Taken from xpert...

The CL-system

The CL-system is a straight system where the top division consists of a group phase where 8 teams advance to a playoff with quarterfinals, semi-finals and a final. The CL-system can have underlying divisions in a straight system where the number of promoted teams is the same as the number of relegated teams from the division above. To use the CL-system the league must contain at least 16 active teams

Also this is probably obvious but all the league positions would be based on positions from the previous season. So if we changed to CL, teams would be put into divisions based on where they finished the season before. If we were to change back to 1:1 after the CL, team positions would be decided based on performance in the CL. So all the divisions would end up being different if people are ok with that?

This will eventually go to a vote once we know exactly what the CL is :p

Edited by The Peeps

Yeah a full match with no goals let in is a clean sheet

How on earth do you do that?

Sent my challenge to Fedex.

I was bored at work and made a spreadsheet with some of the options we have for the Champions' League structure (please note that I'm unsure which of these are allowed). I also do not have access to N-E at work because it's blocked so I couldn't contribute/read any of today's posts but was still thinking about it all day.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsENbEXZo-p7dFlwWXZOdThfQWhVZkwtbHV0ZkRYWFE#gid=0

I also wrote this assuming you could have a 1:2 format, i.e. 1 CL competition with 2 leagues below it a la Conference North & South.

My preferred choice would be option P in the table, which is 2 CL groups of 7 and 2 Leagues of 8 below. The bottom three in each CL group get relegated to the League groups and the top three from each League get promoted to the CL.

That's fantastic Zell :)

I don't understand it at all but it's fantastic

Reminders to @dan\-likes\-trees (please also remind Federer) @Zell @Ellmeister @Nikos9 (please also remind Balbuzards) @gaggle64 @Jimbob @Cube

Please send in your challenges for your cup games this Friday... also @jayseven just in case he hasn't seen (ps. welcome back if I haven't said it :))

The spreadsheet for the cup is here

Edited by The Peeps
Automerged Doublepost

But the ones in the lower league won't have the chance to fight for the playoffs as this only for one season. Sure they don't have a chance anyway, but they should have the chance to like the ones in the CC leagues or that season would be no different than any other season.

Edited by Tales